An honest question for season ticket holders. ..

JTown

Do you feel as though you got a return on your investment this year? Secondly, for the first time in the history of the organization we know the team is not moving. Would you consider not renewing until the production on the field improves?

Do you feel as though you got a return on your investment this year? Secondly, for the first time in the history of the organization we know the team is not moving. Would you consider not renewing until the production on the field improves?

Nope. In fact I've already informed my rep I'm renewing.

I'm renewing.

Part of it is that I'm not willing to throw away my seniority at this point. When it comes time to move into the new stadium, I don't want to be left out in the cold. That doesn't mean that I don't have my tickets just for the entertainment though. I have yet to sell a game, and I don't see myself doing it anytime soon.

Since when is money spent on entertainment an investment? My wife and I love going to the games together, and will continue to do so.

Forgive me for not joining in the day's hyper tizzy fits.

Fair enough. I certainly hope that you and your wife continue to to enjoy the games. Honestly. I fully understand you can't win them all. I had season tickets when I lived there as well.

I guess you need to forgive me for making this sound like a "hyper tizzy fit".

I think Terry (rightfully so) is probably worried about concussions and the future of football. So that leaves public money and in New York there's not a lot of money to go around. So you guys trying to build seniority, that might be a bridge to nowhere

Overblown media hype. Football isn't going away any time soon.

I think Terry (rightfully so) is probably worried about concussions and the future of football. So that leaves public money and in New York there's not a lot of money to go around. So you guys trying to build seniority, that might be a bridge to nowhere

Meanwhile, MMA, a sport where people stand toe to toe and punch each other in the head, is one of the fastest growing sports in the country.

Meanwhile, MMA, a sport where people stand toe to toe and punch each other in the head, is one of the fastest growing sports in the country.

MMA doesn't require assembling a thousand of the best athletes on earth. Also, MMA only appeals to a segment of the population. I was sitting next to an elderly lady at the bar today while she rooted for her redskins. Tough to see MMA fanfare spreading past rednecks

god willing, i'm renewing all 10 of my ST for the rest of my life irregardless of what happens on the field.

when you go to the movies, are you "investing" in the film ?.......no

besides, when I buy a $10 movie ticket, I can't resell it on stub hub/nfl ticket exchange for $25.

some nice fan already bought my $100 dallas tickets for $250.

that's a nice ROI.....lol

Absolutely Renewing...I have been here since before the 2-14 years.

Love the George Reeves avatar! Welcome. I think the OP is alluding to the All-Time Season Ticket record set this season in the belief we were on the verge of a nice playoff run and wanted to be a part of it. I side with the OP that I doubt the total will be equaled next year.

Do you base that on the 1.4 Billion dollar check he just wrote or something else?

huge difference between renewing with the Bills (who, despite all their failures, have a team that is committed to winning) and the Pirates, where Nutting (the owner) is simply in it to have a competitive team and pocket as much $$ as he can. I'd have season tix to the Bills if I lived close enough.

People who think they are "punishing" the team and NFL by treating it as more than entertainment are barking up the wrong tree.

I think the issue is that people are not "entertained" by the loosing for 16 straight seasons. The Return on Investment the OP mentioned is the entertainment factor. If some people are entertained by 16 straight loosing season, so be it. I am not entertained (I'd still buy tickets, because I'm a fan, and the Bills do spend close to the cap in an effort to win. And one season, we will win it all).

Im pissed that my Family and I have blown well over 6 figures on this team since its incubation. At one time our senoirity level was 318 for season ticket holders. It is probably in the mid 200's now. I am ready to give that up. It just isnt worth it anymore.

renewing - Don't know what I'd rather do with 8 Sunday's and 8 extra days of vacation every year (to old to fake it through Monday's any more so I take the day after home games off)

Thats some straight up honesty!

Fair enough. I certainly hope that you and your wife continue to to enjoy the games. Honestly. I fully understand you can't win them all. I had season tickets when I lived there as well.

I guess you need to forgive me for making this sound like a "hyper tizzy fit".

If you think I was accusing you of hyper tizzy fits, you misread me. Your question was soberly posed and not unreasonable. I was just questioning the premise that buying season tickets is an "investment."

For hyper tizzy fits, see most of the rest of the board in the last 18 hours. It's just sports, people (again, not you JTown). Get a grip.

Yes.

I paid money for a ticket to each game, and they supplied the ticket and the event.

I'm annoyed at the state of the team, but football Sunday is one of my favorite activities in the world, so yes, I'll renew

Well said. If you were paying for guanreteed wins, you'd have to move to Boston and be a giant !@#$.

Im pissed that my Family and I have blown well over 6 figures on this team since its incubation. At one time our senoirity level was 318 for season ticket holders. It is probably in the mid 200's now. I am ready to give that up. It just isnt worth it anymore.

Thats some straight up honesty!

If you dont want to reup, just let me know and i am sure i would be more than happy to buy your tickets and guarantee you a profit....get some of that six figures back!

I am really hoping lots of folks cancel...would love to get a little closer to row 1 in the upper deck

Edited by plenzmd1

If you dont want to reup, just let me know and i am sure i would be more than happy to buy your tickets and guarantee you a profit....get some of that six figures back!

I am really hoping lots of folks cancel...would love to get a little closer to row 1 in the upper deck

I will most likely let someone else in my family have first crack- they are on the 50 ten rows up bills side seat 1 and 2

huge difference between renewing with the Bills (who, despite all their failures, have a team that is committed to winning) and the Pirates, where Nutting (the owner) is simply in it to have a competitive team and pocket as much $$ as he can. I'd have season tix to the Bills if I lived close enough.

I think the issue is that people are not "entertained" by the loosing for 16 straight seasons. The Return on Investment the OP mentioned is the entertainment factor. If some people are entertained by 16 straight loosing season, so be it. I am not entertained (I'd still buy tickets, because I'm a fan, and the Bills do spend close to the cap in an effort to win. And one season, we will win it all).

Okay so you are saying you only enjoy if the team wins. Your perogative. Must be alot of bad days.

I wish I could buy season tickets for the Bills but living in VA makes it prohibitive - though I recall someone on this board lives in the Richmond area like me and has season tickets. That would be a really hard sell to the Mrs. As many of you said, it's not so much how the teams playing but the fun of attending an NFL game.

MMA doesn't require assembling a thousand of the best athletes on earth. Also, MMA only appeals to a segment of the population. I was sitting next to an elderly lady at the bar today while she rooted for her redskins. Tough to see MMA fanfare spreading past rednecks

That last statement shows just how clueless you are. Actually, after reading your post again, the whole post shows how clueless you are. Your drunk at a bar with an old drunk lady and want to comment on rednecks?! Did she tell you mma sucks?

Well, can't have a universal response here......I am dropping my 4 tickets. The product has not been worth the money spent over the past 20 years. I enjoyed the fair weather games, but hate the cold weather games, and the night games, which are scheduled to accomodate the TV contract. The night games at home are not for the benefit of the fans....especially in November and December. The NFL is headed toward stadiums being TV studio's....and I will watch from home, whereever that is going forward. NFL Sunday ticket is a much better buy entertainment wise than season tickets. Lots of other annoyances......the security at the stadium is an annoyance, the removal of drinking fountains from the stadium so they could score $5 sales on bottles of water make me resent going to the games. This isn't necessarily the Pegula's....its just that the decades of bad management....including the Pegs is to much. And, the management is not yet right....haveing a GM and the Coach report to the owner is loony tunes....the GM needs to work for the owner...and hire and fire the coach. No more QB arguments on who is on the roster. (Cassel situation this year, Orton situation last year) I don't see this franchise getting it right until the management structure morphs into a make sense organization from a structure point of view.

I feel like this is a weird attitude--why look at it as an investment? This is a form of entertainment. It's about the experience of going to a real football game, tailgating, being with friends, family, etc. Haha an investment? Wth? Yeah it's not as fun when the team isn't as good as you want but seriously?

I don't think Rex is the answer, but regardless, I'm in for next year. Couldn't imagine slipping back to casual fandom.

I'm just curious. Intrigued by out-of-towners who regularly go to the games and show such commitment to the team.

Do you regularly fly in for the games, or do you buy STs and then select a few games to go to and sell your tickets for the games you do not attend? Are the tickets for the games that you can't attend easy to sell? If so do you use sites such as Stub Hub etc to make the transaction?

If you feel that I'm being too intrusive just tell me to mind my own business and take a hike! As I said before I'm impressed by the number of people who put such a major effort to go to the games.

I'm just curious. Intrigued by out-of-towners who regularly go to the games and show such commitment to the team.

Do you regularly fly in for the games, or do you buy STs and then select a few games to go to and sell your tickets for the games you do not attend? Are the tickets for the games that you can't attend easy to sell? If so do you use sites such as Stub Hub etc to make the transaction?

If you feel that I'm being too intrusive just tell me to mind my own business and take a hike! As I said before I'm impressed by the number of people who put such a major effort to go to the games.

A ton of people on here out of town season ticket holders. I think most that have over a 4 hour drive dont go to every game, but there are exceptions. For me, its not the games themselves, but the tailgates with family and friends that are awesome. People talk all the time about how the holidays are special as its a time to be with family...so as out of town season ticket holders we get to be with family and friend more than just christmas and thanksgiving....we get to chose from 8 games a year.

Tickets begining year easy to sell, get harder as record goes south.

A ton of people on here out of town season ticket holders. I think most that have over a 4 hour drive dont go to every game, but there are exceptions. For me, its not the games themselves, but the tailgates with family and friends that are awesome. People talk all the time about how the holidays are special as its a time to be with family...so as out of town season ticket holders we get to be with family and friend more than just christmas and thanksgiving....we get to chose from 8 games a year.

Tickets begining year easy to sell, get harder as record goes south.

Thanks for the response. I suspect if a new facility gets built the social dynamic you refer to will change.

Thanks for the response. I suspect if a new facility gets built the social dynamic you refer to will change.

My sense would be no...still coming in for the weekend to spend with family and friends would be exact same. I have never, and i mean never, been to a game with no tailgate scene. Granted, New Orleans was a bit different...but i still see people who want to tailgate tailgating, downtown or not.

Just look at Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, all downtown stadiums with great tailgating.