Steelers Loss, Bills Back in it

RyanC883

Well then almost the entire league sucks by your definition.

Have at it if you want. I'll have a great time at the last 3 tailgates but there is no argument that can be made that makes me think this team is any good. There aren't many NFL teams I wouldn't switch rosters with in a heartbeat. 9 teams I think are about as bad as the Bills are below. Out of those 9, I wouldn't bet $1 on Buffalo to win.

Rams

Philly

Jets

Miami

Cleveland

Niners

Saints

Redskins

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It really is brilliant the way the NFL has the season and playoffs set up. They give hope to the fans of so many mediocre and sub-mediocre teams because so many teams are in the playoff hunt for so long. (Is any team mathematically eliminated yet?) Sure a couple of them will get in to the playoffs and get stomped by an above average or elite team, but they don't have a real chance at the big game. And occasionally an elite team will have injury or other problems, wind up as a low seed and win it all after getting healthy but that's not the same as a mediocre team having a chance.

The NFL inevitably winds up with a couple elite teams showcased in the Super Bowl. Then free agency and the draft gives hope to fans of crappy and mediocre teams. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. Teams do develop and there is SOME change within the elite ranks, but not as much or as often as a league with parity should see - and there are legitimate reasons for that. But when you take a step back you see there's really just a handful of elite teams that rarely change surrounded by a lot of noise.

Threads like this make it painfully obvious that there are many Bills fans that have a "football IQ" of about 10. Yes, I agree that these fans have mad enthusiasm, but they are so far out of touch with reality it is mind boggling.

The Bills will be lucky to go 8-8, and it's likely that they will finish worse than that. They're not going to the playoffs this year.

They can win out if they beat Houston. Washington would be the only other challenge.

I'm dumbfounded after watching this team play that a fan would think this. Every game left on the schedule is a challenge for the Bills. It's what happens when a team isn't very good.

Just gotta BILL-eve. We are still in this!!

:wallbash:

the best thing would have been for Terry to start from scratch last year instead of hodge-podge an offense together and think this will solve all of our problems, on top of Rex dismantling out defense.

Now we have to wait for this to totally collapse in 3 yrs and Pegs can do what he should have done in the first place.

I still like our chances...

KC and Bills have the most favorable schedules...

Pittsburgh and Houston have pretty tough schedules, as does Oakland, who still has to play KC twice...

Jets are the Jets...have to play NE and us again...

If Bills can finish 4-1 I like our chances of getting in...and honestly, we probably should go 5-0 in the last 5. The teams we are playing are not very good.

Edited by matter2003

The Bills' remaining schedule really isn't difficult at all.

I have to disagree with this. The way the Bills play, coupled with the coaching plus the players who are out, there in a position where there's no "easy wins." I think that people are viewing our weak remaining schedule are looking at the Bills as if we still have the 2 Williams' in the line up and our offense can put up 30 points a game. Looking at yesterday's game, the fact that the Bills lost to the Jags, Giants,barely got a W against the Titans, and still inflicts too many penalties, that this is an inconsistent team. Moreover, I think they've figured out that Tyrod has trouble reading his progressions,

and are game-planning for that. In my opinion, as long as the Bills stay this inconsistent, no team is a sure win!!!

Houston - 50/50. They're at home, which I like, but Houston is probably the more talented team at this point (factoring in injuries, which have decimated the defense).

Philly - I foresee a Bills victory, but who knows -- it's on the road.

Washington - Washington is 5-1 at home and playing very well there. Loss.

Dallas - Cassel? Win.

Jets - 50/50.

I get to 8-8 or 7-9. Neither will get it done.

I have to disagree with this. The way the Bills play, coupled with the coaching plus the players who are out, there in a position where there's no "easy wins." I think that people are viewing our weak remaining schedule are looking at the Bills as if we still have the 2 Williams' in the line up and our offense can put up 30 points a game. Looking at yesterday's game, the fact that the Bills lost to the Jags, Giants,barely got a W against the Titans, and still inflicts too many penalties, that this is an inconsistent team. Moreover, I think they've figured out that Tyrod has trouble reading his progressions,

and are game-planning for that. In my opinion, as long as the Bills stay this inconsistent, no team is a sure win!!!

You make several valid points, but they don't refute the fact that they are not facing any teams that are very good in the remaining schedule.

Pittsburgh and Houston have pretty tough schedules, as does Oakland, who still has to play KC twice...

If Bills can finish 4-1 I like our chances of getting in...and honestly, we probably should go 5-0 in the last 5. The teams we are playing are not very good.

WE aren't very good

You make several valid points, but they don't refute the fact that they are not facing any teams that are very good in the remaining schedule.

26Corner, that's true. I just feel that the Bills, for right now, are one of those teams that "are not very good" because we don't know which Bills will show up. I hope they win out, & get into the playoffs. I just see it that, they have the capability of winning out, but they also could lose to Philly and/ or Dallas, the 2 weakest teams remaining. Its crazy, as well as disappointing.

That being said, Go Bills this Sunday!

Neither are we.

No one is "good" except for the division leaders. Almost half the league is 5-6 or 6-5. It all comes down to the last month for the WC. I don't know why anyone thinks things need to be settled one way or the other in week 11. Lot of football left and none of these average contenders will win out with 5 games to go. Just need to wait and see what happens before assuming anything.

Edited by YoloinOhio

:wallbash:

the best thing would have been for Terry to start from scratch last year instead of hodge-podge an offense together and think this will solve all of our problems, on top of Rex dismantling out defense.

Now we have to wait for this to totally collapse in 3 yrs and Pegs can do what he should have done in the first place.

Unfortunately; this is the truth...

I really hope that this year he hires his football Czar...

Edited by Reed83HOF

How in the hell am I thinking a bit Optimistic?

Colts could lose out on some games and Houston take the division. They are tied but lost the head to head. We would beat colts head to head as well.......so we need to beat Texans and then we have head to head on both of them.....steelers will lose a few.....KC I don't even know about. Raiders are raiders and We have jets the last game but they have a tough schedule probably the toughest out of all teams.

Pegula received what he wanted. He hired a big name coach who brought excitement, media attention, and a full stadium. The problem is Rex has a hx of all talk no show, poor clock mgmt, undisciplined play, and basically another mediocre play.

I've wanted to believe in Rex, but he is ending up exactly what my friend from NY stated he would be.

The bottom line is we are not good enough to make the playoffs not to mention compete with these top teams. We can look at scenarios for the next couple of weeks, but in the end, we will be disappointed.

On another note, do we still even want to be in it? What is the point of "getting to the playoffs" if you aren't going anywhere in them. It's evident that thus far our coaches can't even prepare us for a regular season game - do you think they will all of a sudden be able to get us ready for the playoffs?

I know proof is in the pudding, but Buffalo has had a chance to win or tie each of the last few games they've played. This team has talent, it's now a matter of finishing the games. sure we are 3/4 of the way through the season, but the team can win games. are we unreasonable to think we should have made a team turnaround in year one? maybe maybe not, but i agree with you, there is nothing to indicate this team cannot finish 4-1, just like it's not unreasonable that we should have finished a 5-0 stretch yesterday...cincy we probably deservedly lost that game, the other losses, not so much.

With the Steelers loss, Houston and KC are the WC teams. Do the Bills move into WC position next week if they beat Houston and Jets lose? I think they do.

If...

Bills beat Texans

Giants beat Jets

Chiefs beat Raiders

Colts beat Steelers

Then Bills are #6 seed.

That's a lot to have go right.