Impact of Carrington in Mario's place?

YoloinOhio

With only 3.8 million dead money hit on 2016 cap if Whaley released Mario....Mario with his bad tummy and now 2 games with foot injury and 19 million....could find himself cut in the offseason providing whaley with the flexibility we may need. And worse than the injuries...its seeing Mario handled too often by 1 on 1 blocks when he is healthy and going at the QB.

Kyle Williams with a 7 million cap hit could be a possible casualty as well due to his injury/age ...

Rex's former Def End Muhammed Wilkerson will be a free agent this year with Jets - we may decide to make that pseudo swap of Wilkerson for the 2 high priced Williams boys

With only 3.8 million dead money hit on 2016 cap if Whaley released Mario....Mario with his bad tummy and now 2 games with foot injury and 19 million....could find himself cut in the offseason providing whaley with the flexibility we may need. And worse than the injuries...its seeing Mario handled too often by 1 on 1 blocks when he is healthy and going at the QB.

Kyle Williams with a 7 million cap hit could be a possible casualty as well due to his injury/age ...

Rex's former Def End Muhammed Wilkerson will be a free agent this year with Jets - we may decide to make that pseudo swap of Wilkerson for the 2 high priced Williams boys

That would be awesome, IMO.

Wilk, Dareus, and Hughes will make a nice dline.

If we got Wilkerson that would be excellent. He's younger and plays more consistently.

I'd keep Kyle Williams, but cutting Mario is becoming a realistic option. He is producing about the level you would expect out of a rookie, or even less. Carrington may be an adequate replacement. Use the extra cash to perhaps sign Stafford (depending on how TT does); another DL, or to keep Gilmore and Incognito.

If we got Wilkerson that would be excellent. He's younger and plays more consistently.

another benefit. McCoy and TT could cut to the outside when we play the Jets, and Wilkerson would not be there to stop them.

I'd keep Kyle Williams, but cutting Mario is becoming a realistic option. He is producing about the level you would expect out of a rookie, or even less. Carrington may be an adequate replacement.

Kyle is done. Goner. Mario has 94 sacks and 381 tackles to Carrington's 4 and 62 and he has been in and out of football the last three years. And that is a replacement?

Carrington just goes, dude does not quit, and I cannot point to a single instance of thinking Carrington had taken a play off.. Mario has way more talent and is more gifted physically, but since he appears to be a prima donna who does not agree with the way he is being used--and plays like it. I would say Carrington is the better option at this point.

Kyle is done. Goner. Mario has 94 sacks and 381 tackles to Carrington's 4 and 62 and he has been in and out of football the last three years. And that is a replacement?

Kyle is not gone. No way. I expected Freddie to go, I can honestly say I don't expect Kyle to go--unless he chooses to retire.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/11/26/carrington-looks-like-next-man-up-on-bills-defensive-line/

What do you all think the difference in production (and scheme, if any) will be with Mario most likely out Sunday and Carrington in his place?

wont be any drop off

Less jewelry and weird ass contact lenses

I'd love to see all the players wear solid black lenses, that would be so creepy and awesome!

I'd keep Kyle Williams, but cutting Mario is becoming a realistic option. He is producing about the level you would expect out of a rookie, or even less. Carrington may be an adequate replacement. Use the extra cash to perhaps sign Stafford (depending on how TT does); another DL, or to keep Gilmore and Incognito.

another benefit. McCoy and TT could cut to the outside when we play the Jets, and Wilkerson would not be there to stop them.

awesome!!

BTW i was and am a fan of Carrington. Hope he makes very good use of his opportunity.

Glad Bills brought him back!!

Wilkerson is a beast. You know Rex is dying to get him in Buffalo. Unfortunately there's no chance the Jets don't tag him this off-season if they don't strike a long-term deal so 2017 would be the earliest there would be a possibility of big Mo in Buffalo.

Um. No.

They will absolutely do that. already have actually

I hope they stick Carrington in the middle a couple of times & put Marcell at defensive end.

I hope they move em around all day, hughes too. This is called The Carrington Advantage.

Hurt foot mysteriously happened after the White touchdown play at the end of the first half...

Freelancing had no place in this D game plan...Mario thought he could beat the OT, so he let his assignment run free. Even without the TD (missed tackle by Graham) this was a big play, first down minimum. That's ME football not team football. He's lucky Rex didn't call him out directly. Contrast this to Hughes running deep and doing a hell of a job on Gronk.

I love a lot of things about Mario Williams -- he sets the edge like no one else in the NFL...but I think he has been pouting a lot behind the scenes this year.

Edited by JoeF

Mario hasn't been quite as effective this year.

Claiming that he's been invisible or that Carrington is anywhere near the same player is lunacy IMO.

The biggest differences between the two are that Mario is stouter on the edge and can push the OT into the QB's lap, whereas Carrington is a bit quicker around the corner

On the subject of Ike

Has anyone seen him make ANY kind of play? The jet locker room incident doesnt count he was not on this team at that time

He doesnt provide pass rush

He cannot hold the edge down on run plays

He literally is completely invisible.....at least Carrington was pushing the pocket on that side and was holding down his edge.

Man.....I really hope Mario is not so hurt he cant play next week