I smell an upset coming Monday night!

r henderson

Was listening to a bunch of sports radio today and heard 4 analysts pick the bills to win. Not sure who they were or that it matters, but it got me fired up and I know think we have a 50/50 shot to win. That's saying a lot, we ARE playing in foxboro. Refs, headsets, refs. We're playing against more than just the pats players. But I have a feeling we can get it done. In Darby we trust

I wish I had your sense of smell :)

Can the Bills defense put pressure on Brady....it doesn't seem to matter what kind of o-line the cheats put on the field, they always seem able create a pocket and provide the time he needs to throw, which isn't much, if it is a critical 3rd or 4th down late in the game....their o-line can hold at will and there will never be a call.

As a fan I wonder if our o-line can protect TT and give him time to throw.....that may be even more critical as Buffalo can't afford 3 and outs, what was it, 6 in a row last game?

I am almost conditioned to lose to the Pats with Brady at the helm. 3-27 against him or something like that; losing in every way imaginable; with a blowout loss it seems in one of the two games each year.

I hope the Bills find a way Monday night!!

GO BILLS!!!!!

Lets give a great performance and see where the chips fall. Quite honestly, the KC game looms much larger in the playoff picture for The Bills. We deliver a solid performance yet don't win, well.......that happens. But that will then lead to more confidence heading into KC. We just cant get rocked Monday night, my gutt feel says we wont. I just dont know about pulling the upset.

Edited by BillsinChesterSprings

I'm encouraged by how the staff and players have gotten down to business lately. the talent and tools to win games has been there siince summer. hopefully their improved focus and sense of urgency is a response to letting themselves be pushed to the brink of a failed season. this game provides them all with a great opportunity.. a chance to show the rest of the league what they're capable of. this game will expose - for better, or worse - the heart of this team.

I'm encouraged by how the staff and players have gotten down to business lately. the talent and tools to win games has been there siince summer. hopefully their improved focus and sense of urgency is a response to letting themselves be pushed to the brink of a failed season. this game provides them all with a great opportunity.. a chance to show the rest of the league what they're capable of. this game will expose - for better, or worse - the heart of this team.

Great post! Simple, well stated and rational.

I have to agree with the original poster.

There will be a seismic shift in the balance of power in the AFC East and it is going to happen Monday night.

It has been a long time coming.

It will be extremely satisfying to bask in the glow of the national media attention that will be bestowed upon us next week and for the rest of the decade.

:lol:

It's not like I'm expecting anything...quite the opposite...

But good grief can you imagine how awesome it would be? I know...we can't really imagine...But still... B-)

That's the beauty of this particular match up, it's playing with house money. The P*ts are more than likely going to win the division, a loss will hurt but won't end the Bills' playoff hopes, so there shouldn't be a lot of angst from the fans or players heading into this one. This is a game to go all out, just play loose and fast and let the chips fall where they may. It's a true measuring stick game.

Let's see how they measure up.

That's the beauty of this particular match up, it's playing with house money. The P*ts are more than likely going to win the division, a loss will hurt but won't end the Bills' playoff hopes, so there shouldn't be a lot of angst from the fans or players heading into this one. This is a game to go all out, just play loose and fast and let the chips fall where they may. It's a true measuring stick game.

Let's see how they measure up.

exacta mundo g-man.

let er eat

Take out Gronk and get pressure on Brady. Who you afraid of on offense...Danny Amendola? Blount? LaFell? Seriously, we have way more talent and losing Edelman and Louis is big. Collins is also a big loss but I do think they have a very solid and underrated defense. Go Bills!!!

It is the world stage because there is really not much else to watch on TV on Monday night, and no other teams playing.

Lots of "IF's" for this game! Like if the defense changes up tactics, and instead of playing cover over pressure like last game (which did not work at all). this game try and dictate where the flow of the game will go, and force them to react.

I hope Ryan goes back to his real blitzing scheme he was so noted for, and actually goes after Brady like Pettine used to do with his overload blitz scheme. Or use Gregg Williams Ruby Scorpion 77 dime which is a 3-2-6 look with 6 DB's, and send 5 to get pressure on the QB. While some say five is a dog, and six is a blitz, and others think anything more then four is a blitz. I just hope they throw caution to the wind, and play man while sending everyone else at Brady.

The thing is, you can't blitz very much if your DB's can't cover, and the Bills DB's can cover because they have been doing great considering the lack of pressure on the opposing QB's this year. 29th in the NFL in sacks, 29th in sack percentage, and 30th in QB hurries. Looking at those stats you would think the Bills are near last against the pass, but they are not and are currently ranked 15th. That stat would be better if Ryan hadn't played such a soft cover defense against the Patriots in their first game.

Another big IF" is with the run game, and can Greg Roman find a way to get Shady 20+ touches while building a great power rushing attack. Let the deranged rhino lose on that unsuspecting Patriots defense.This is the biggest stage that Sammy Watkins can get to show the world he was the right choice for the Buffalo Bills, in the 2014 draft.

The last big "IF's" is with the penalty factor and was that game against the Jets with only 5 penalties an anomaly or the future norm? Another is with special teams, and will the coverage teams play up to the level of the kickers because field position is such an important factor in each game.

A win in this game would also show the new owners of this team they made the right choice in selecting Rex Ryan as their new head coach in finally beating the teams biggest nemesis over the last 15 years. Conversely another loss to the Patriots might just show them he isn't the answer.

Take out Gronk and get pressure on Brady. Who you afraid of on offense...Danny Amendola? Blount? LaFell? Seriously, we have way more talent and losing Edelman and Louis is big. Collins is also a big loss but I do think they have a very solid and underrated defense. Go Bills!!!

If we can't get some pressure on him, that's still plenty of weapons for Brady to work with. Watch for Chandler to contribute too as they stay away from our DBs and pick on our LBs in coverage

It will be extremely satisfying to bask in the glow of the national media attention that will be bestowed upon us next week

When undefeated teams are beaten by teams with much worse records in midseason....the national story is what went wrong with the undefeated team.

All AFC games are important for tie-breakers but the Chiefs game next week is likely more important for the Bills playoff hopes.

:lol:

It's not like I'm expecting anything...quite the opposite...

But good grief can you imagine how awesome it would be? I know...we can't really imagine...But still... B-)

That's where I am. If we're up 3 scores with 30 seconds left in the 4th I'm still going to expect a loss until about 15 seconds after the final whistle. But a win would be absolutely amazing.