It begins.....Vernon Davis to Broncos

FireChan

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

The #49ers are working on a trade for TE Vernon Davis to the #Broncos for 3 late-round picks, per source (as @AdamSchefter said).

Elway confirms.

John Elway Verified account @johnelway

We've agreed to trade for two-time Pro Bowl TE Vernon Davis from SF. He'll be a valuable addition to our team w/his experience & leadership.

Edited by FireChan

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

The #49ers are working on a trade for TE Vernon Davis to the #Broncos for 3 late-round picks, per source (as @AdamSchefter said).

Elway confirms.

John Elway Verified account ‏@johnelway

We've agreed to trade for two-time Pro Bowl TE Vernon Davis from SF. He'll be a valuable addition to our team w/his experience & leadership.

Good pickup for them, I think.

If the Bills can't win it all, I'm rooting for the Broncos. At this point, it's ABNE* or ABGB** for me.

*Anybody But New England***

**Anybody But Green Bay

I will never understand how all pro players can be traded for meaningless late round picks. 6th round picks rarely ever amount to anything.

that was his value... Better than SF getting nothing when he leaves in FA ...and they shed salary. Where they are going this year, they don't need him. I think he was part of the divided locker room too over Kap. Edited by YoloinOhio

I will never understand how all pro players can be traded for meaningless late round picks. 6th round picks rarely ever amount to anything.

I think if a team can gather a good handful of late round picks, one prospect is likely to turn out well. For an aging TE who hasn't been able to build a connection with your hopeful franchise QB, I think this trade makes decent sense for SF.

I certainly understand NE.

Why not GB? just curious.

What about NE vs GB?

There is a collection of (fair-weather) GB fans at my workplace. I'm so sick of hearing them. When the Bills beat them last year, it was pure glory for me. I told them it was my Super Bowl.

If it wasn't for that, I'd totally root for GB. But I just can't take all of their gloating.

Edited by Rubes

If the Bills can't win it all, I'm rooting for the Broncos. At this point, it's ABNE* or ABGB** for me.

*Anybody But New England***

**Anybody But Green Bay

Why greenbay

tank mode

Too bad Peyton cant look like Peyton from 4 years ago.

you mean last year and last night

Too bad Peyton cant look like Peyton from 4 years ago.

He looks better than he did 4 years ago. Four years ago he missed the season with his neck injury and the Colts were busy tanking the season for Luck.