Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they single cover Watkins with Revis TT should throw at him all damn day. I haven't watched a lot of Jets football this year, but I heard some guys who did some extensive breakdown of his play this year discussing him and they all agreed that he's still a good CB but not the premier player he used to be. If they want to play as though he is, make them pay.

Isn't Watkins by definition insulting him given that his name is in fact Joe Sixpack? B-)

If JoeSixPack was one of the idiots with little jobs blasting Sammy on Instagram but he wasn't. ;)

If they single cover Watkins with Revis TT should throw at him all damn day. I haven't watched a lot of Jets football this year, but I heard some guys who did some extensive breakdown of his play this year discussing him and they all agreed that he's still a good CB but not the premier player he used to be. If they want to play as though he is, make them pay.

Yep. The all 22 last year showed Sammy was able to separate from Revis quite often.

What a pattern, play and catch that was. For all the credit that TT got for completing his last 10 passes that one was a pretty bad pass. Fairly easy throw where Sammy shouldn't have had to dive.

TT put it just past the sticks. You must be one of those delusional EJ lovers to even say something like this.

It's possible, I guess that Sammy ran a yard or two too deep and the pattern was supposed to be closer to first down marker. In that case it wouldn't have been a bad pass.

Watching that gif, and knowing Sammy has a bad ankle, you can see when he tries to make his break that he can't stop, cut, and push off like he needs to. He kinda still glides upfield before being able to plant and come back. This would disrupt the timing of that play juuuuust enough to cause him to be half a second late and need to dive for the ball.

Just my guess, anyways.

Watching that gif, and knowing Sammy has a bad ankle, you can see when he tries to make his break that he can't stop, cut, and push off like he needs to. He kinda still glides upfield before being able to plant and come back. This would disrupt the timing of that play juuuuust enough to cause him to be half a second late and need to dive for the ball.

Just my guess, anyways.

Exactly right

TT put it just past the sticks. You must be one of those delusional EJ lovers to even say something like this.

That's a stupid thing to say.

I love TT and always thought he should start from first seeing him. Not only that but I also said above that IF the pass play was called to just past the sticks then it wasn't a bad pass but a bad pattern. You don't know where the play was called to. Sammy is a pretty precise route runner. He looked like he knew what he was doing on that play. It's possible for him to have run it two yards to far and possible for TT to have missed it by two yards. If I had to bet I am betting he ran the right pattern. Maybe not.

Just my guess, anyways.

That could be.

Although he does stop fast enough for the defender to just fall over.

That's a stupid thing to say.

I love TT and always thought he should start from first seeing him. Not only that but I also said above that IF the pass play was called to just past the sticks then it wasn't a bad pass but a bad pattern. You don't know where the play was called to. Sammy is a pretty precise route runner. He looked like he knew what he was doing on that play. It's possible for him to have run it two yards to far and possible for TT to have missed it by two yards. If I had to bet I am betting he ran the right pattern.

Unfortunately for you we have your posting history to go by.

Tyrod Taylor sucks ass and isn't even fit to be EJ's back up. He should die of gonnorea and burn in hell.

This is my favorite route by Sammy yesterday. He just abused Grimes on this one. :beer:

@YardsPerPass

Poor Brett Grimes

Oooooo eeeeee - that was sweet to watch! Outside in move, just kilt Grimes...

@MatthewFairburn

Sammy Watkins only needed to play 35 of the Bills' 57 offensive snaps yesterday to accumulate 92.8 percent of the team's receiving yardage.

See, SEE! Take away Sammy's catches and Tyrod had a terrible day!

Interesting stat. Last year, in OBJ's amazing year, he had 93 catchable targets and 14.1 "yards per catchable target." For his career, Sammy just hit the 90 catchable target mark and his average is 14.4.

It continues to blow my mind how many people aren't fans of his play. The dude does freakish things consistently regardless of if the ball goes his way and produces when given the chance.

It continues to blow my mind how many people aren't fans of his play. The dude does freakish things consistently regardless of if the ball goes his way and produces when given the chance.

I'm on record with my appreciation of his ability........but when he responds to the first real criticism he's faced as a pro by showing up like a different player you can expect fans to keep criticizing him until he shows some consistency.

I'm on record with my appreciation of his ability........but when he responds to the first real criticism he's faced as a pro by showing up like a different player you can expect fans to keep criticizing him until he shows some consistency.

How are a dozen jerks who intentionally went to his Instagram account and questioned his commitment and pain threshold because he took his daughter to Disneyland "the first real criticism he's faced."

He's been getting criticized since before he signed.

How are a dozen jerks who intentionally went to his Instagram account and questioned his commitment and pain threshold because he took his daughter to Disneyland "the first real criticism he's faced."

He's been getting criticized since before he signed.

When? He got a little guff for short arming a couple passes last year but most everyone blamed Manuel for that and he's been the golden child to this fanbase since he arrived.

I think you are confusing the criticism of the trade/Whaley with people personally questioning his ability to be the HOF type player he's been sold to be.

I am not saying those fans are right for harassing him but you'd be naive to think that some fans aren't going to see that he responded to criticism with a big game and not think that there was a correlation between the criticism and the upshot in performance.

Edited by #BADOL

When? He got a little guff for short arming a couple passes last year but most everyone blamed Manuel for that and he's been the golden child to this fanbase since he arrived.

I think you are confusing the criticism of the trade/Whaley with people personally questioning his ability to be the HOF type player he's been sold to be.

I am not saying those fans are right for harassing him but you'd be naive to think that some fans aren't going to see that he responded to criticism with a big game and not think that there was a correlation between the criticism and the upshot in performance.

He's constantly being criticized here for being injury prone, a baby, giving up on passes, not worth what we paid for him, not as good as ten other WR his age, a diva, etc. There seem to be more fans badmouthing him than supporting him, which is insane.

He's constantly being criticized here for being injury prone, a baby, giving up on passes, not worth what we paid for him, not as good as ten other WR his age, a diva, etc. There seem to be more fans badmouthing him than supporting him, which is insane.

With big jobs come big expectations.

So these people have been aggressively trolling him on instagram all this time?

That's news to me.

I would call the complaints here about Sammy more of a "mutter under their breath" until he announced that he had his agent complain to Rex about his targets and then PROMPTLY went out and got another new injury doing nothing that looked like it should have caused said injury.

I am not a Sammy hater......I have been on record as saying I thought he was the best player in that draft and short of taking a QB(ALWAYS my #1 pick) I supported that trade...........but I'm just being realistic here.

Fans expect a lot of big games from Sammy and the truth is that he should produce a lot of big games.

Probably their most talented offensive player since OJ.

I doubt there's many Bills fans who aren't fans of his actual play.

All of this is true, despite clear evidence during two training camps that when healthy he's the best player on the field. Fans are idiots when it comes to Sammy -- in large part because a guy with a blonde mohawk (the real diva) has a veteran QB who knows he needs to keep feeding him the ball.

If Tyrod, Sammy, Shady, and Karlos can stay "game ready" for the rest of the season there are good things in store for Bills fans -- regardless of what Rex does with the defense.

Holy hell those .gifs are amazing. Has anyone collected Brent Grimes' corpse from the Ralph?

And BADOL, all due respect, isn't it better than responding with a bad game? I agree he needs to do it every week but come on, hard to criticize a guy for playing well!

If Sammy wants to cement his status in this league, he can start this week by de-throning Revis, who isn't the player he used to be and is ripe for being exposed.

All of this is true, despite clear evidence during two training camps that when healthy he's the best player on the field. Fans are idiots when it comes to Sammy -- in large part because a guy with a blonde mohawk (the real diva) has a veteran QB who knows he needs to keep feeding him the ball.

If Tyrod, Sammy, Shady, and Karlos can stay "game ready" for the rest of the season there are good things in store for Bills fans -- regardless of what Rex does with the defense.

Only 8 targets...... Still not enough. If I was Sammy, reading the list below I'd be upset too.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingTargets

Not everything will be so perfect, where there are only 12 passes in a game and the running game is so good.

Yes he's missed missed 4 games, but in the other 4, less then 6 targets/game or 58th in the league......

BTW take a look at poor Antonio Brown and what happened to him with Big Ben out.

Edited by Billsfan1972

Holy hell those .gifs are amazing. Has anyone collected Brent Grimes' corpse from the Ralph?

And BADOL, all due respect, isn't it better than responding with a bad game? I agree he needs to do it every week but come on, hard to criticize a guy for playing well!

If Sammy wants to cement his status in this league, he can start this week by de-throning Revis, who isn't the player he used to be and is ripe for being exposed.

I'm NOT criticizing the guy.

I'm just saying that people shouldn't expect some fans not to prod him if they think that it makes him play better.

I don't know if you caught his comments........but he basically said the criticism made him play better.

I don't believe that to be the case....I think he's just a nice guy that was just saying something he thought made him look better in light of the negativity......but HE said it.

As for the criticism of Sammy prior to him spouting off about having his agent call Rex........like I said, if anything it was muttering under the breath.

Most fans ADORE Sammy and as we saw with SJ13 when these fans love you they will overlook a mountain of other issues to have something to love.

Anyone who was at the game heard the Sammy chants......and that is saying something considering his comments.....which hit home in an area where great paying jobs are at a premium.