Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

I can't believe anyone is concerned about this nonsense.

"Concerned" is the wrong word; "insulted" is the right word. Whether he meant it or not, he came across as a pampered, spoiled, inconsiderate, egotistical, pompous A$$. And of course, no matter what career field you're in, it's never wise to insult and/or belittle your customers.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Concerned" is the wrong word; "insulted" is the right word. Whether he meant it or not, he came across as a pampered, spoiled, inconsiderate, egotistical, pompous A$$. And of course, no matter what career field you're in, it's never wise to insult and/or belittle your customers.

Thankfully you're the bigger man and don't feel the need to insult a man that didn't directly insult you.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I respect your opinion on this, but am curious if you read the whole series of Instagram posts (that preceded Sammy's response), or just Sammy's single response post?

I wonder how many people so offended here and coming down hard on Sammy actually read more than just his response post.

I respect your opinion on this, but am curious if you read the whole series of Instagram posts (that preceded Sammy's response), or just Sammy's single response post?

I wonder how many people so offended here and coming down hard on Sammy actually read more than just his response post.

I just read one story about this matter, which had the pejorative post. But even if he...Sammy....was "attacked" by "fans" for being injury-prone or being weak or going to DisneyWorld, his response still was not a good thing. NO good could come from it. OTOH, as we are seeing, he has ticked off a lot of folks.

People who make in two or five years what athletes make and spend in a weekend legitimately get upset when those athletes call them losers.

He only called the jerks who made the comments about his injuries losers. Not the general public. It was clear who his comments were directed at.

Got it. Hockey players ( a.k.a " white guys") . That's cool and all, except that they play hockey, not football.

That's just rude. If you are calling me a racist, come out and say that. Thanks, point whiffer.

Hockey players have a different mentality than just about any other athlete. They are professional athletes who seem to be a lot more willing to hang out and be real with fans. Also, they get their teeth knocked out, and miss one shift. They take punishment all night, and don't miss a shift. They beat the hell out a guy on the other team, and go out for beer and pizza afterward. There is an honor to that sport that you don't find in other sports.

Sorry I haven't read through 27 pages here - has anyone already suggested that Eugene Parker gave Sammy the playbook to get himself out of Buffalo, which includes being a bit of a malcontent? I suspect this is agent-driven.

Also, he's only what, 20?

I mentioned it a few times in these 27 pages. One of them, somebody said Sammy should run this stuff by his agent. I said his agent is Eugene Parker and loves this.

Yeah, he could've taken some Ron Burgundy advice, but not fussed in this PC world. Here in Oz there was a question from a footballer to the media around the issue of "fans" leaning over the fence and giving a serve, where else is this happening to a professional with all the OH&S, the HoF commentator replied along the lines of when you pull on a Guernsey to be paid to play a game.

Personally, I'm not offended. It doesn't phase me in any way, shape or form if Sammy Watkins thinks my job is little or whatever term he used. I know I'm proud of what I do, my wife is proud of what I do, and that's what matters. I don't give a rats @ss what some pampered rich athlete who has no idea of what reality truly is thinks about the jobs of others. I'm surprised so many people have truly taken offense to what he said. Unless you're friends or family with him, why do the words of someone who believes they're better than you phase you at all?