Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

oh boy...

Sure I work with globally known athletes, and I'm even on TV every now and then (in the background, as a spectator), but, sad to say, I'm not as high profile as Sammy.

Just using Instagram followers as a metric - where I have 450 Instagram followers, Sammy has 319,000.

Maybe I think my job is more fun than an NFL player, maybe I think it's better for society, but one thing it is not, is higher profile. Doesn't necessarily make it "little" either (and again, my whole argument here is pure speculation on what he might have possible meant).

I just don't think he meant "being an NFL player is the BEST JOB THERE IS" and all other jobs are for losers, just that expectations are different.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and for the last time, he criticized those people for their blue collar jobs. that was the substance of his insult. it wasn't that they were stupid or ugly or weak or uncoordinated. it was that they were in loser, low level jobs and at lowly societal levels. perhaps you could make an argument that he didn't realize that his words would convey this meaning but I doubt it's true. I think that's exactly what he meant.

reading it that way, i would be pissed too!

I just dont find as harshly intended as it harshly perceived.

If he was insulting blue collar, alot of these Bills players would be in his face. there are plenty of NFL players who were raised up hard. and they are on the Roster

i dont think he meant exactly that though. came off bad for sure

It was not his finest moment. And I see what you are saying. But IMO he really wasn't doing that. He was saying anyone who stooped so low as to call me out for not playing hurt is a loser, and has no idea what they are talking about or the pain that NFL football players have to endure, and anyone who is doing this is likely a lowlife, and let me see you do what I do for ten minutes. You don't take a beating at your crappy job. That's what he was saying.

No, that's what you're saying.

Watkins used much different words.

Sure I work with globally known athletes, and I'm even on TV every now and then (in the background, as a spectator), but, sad to say, I'm not as high profile as Sammy.

Just using Instagram followers as a metric - where I have 450 Instagram followers, Sammy has 319,000.

Maybe I think my job is more fun than an NFL player, maybe I think it's better for society, but one thing it is not, is higher profile. Doesn't necessarily make it "little" either (and again, my whole argument here is pure speculation on what he might have possible meant).

I just don't think he meant "being an NFL player is the BEST JOB THERE IS" and all other jobs are for losers, just that expectations are different.

then you should understand how much more difficult it is to resurrect your image than it is to initially build it.

You are insecure.

All I can do is laugh. Its fascinates me to no end how people insult behind an electronic device. I really do find it hilarious after I have been in multiple combat zones, disabled, ptsd, and I somehow am managing to complete my BSN in May. And I managed to land a nice job in the process. If thats insecure bravo zulu to you.

tenhigh has an odd sense of humour. trust me and dont take offense.

no one really dis respects anyone. we get along like any other dysfunctional Family. just multiplied many times over.

Ummm... Because that is what he specifically said?

Here is a little reminder to go by that may help you... For example, when someone starts an Instagram post with, "To all you black people..." he is not addressing white people.

I hate to pile on because I think this has gotten bigger than it should have, but if you said "to all the black people talking ****, <insert derogatory black stereotype>" do you think the black people who weren't talking **** would be cool with it?

Edit: I see Tasker beat me to it.

Edited by Rob's House

He's 22 years old, under enormous pressure, is a bit immature and frustrated by injuries and lack of targets. He should stay off social media, but people do say some harsh and way over the top things to professional athletes. IGNORE THEM SAMMY! They don't speak for the majority and try to goat a response. Regardless of the millions these guys make, they are human and young. Not condoning what Sammy said, but I give the guy a pass and it's unfortunate their are so many ignorant people in this world.

I hate to pile on because I think this has gotten bigger than it should have, but if you said "to all the black people talking ****, <insert derogatory black stereotype>" do you think the black people who weren't talking **** would be cool with it?

That might be a separate discussion.

and be carefull. its nothing like that. dont confuse the issue. its already convoluted enough

He's 22 years old, under enormous pressure, is a bit immature and frustrated by injuries and lack of targets. He should stay off social media, but people do say some harsh and way over the top things to professional athletes. IGNORE THEM SAMMY! They don't speak for the majority and try to goat a response. Regardless of the millions these guys make, they are human and young. Not condoning what Sammy said, but I give the guy a pass and it's unfortunate their are so many ignorant people in this world.

Great Post. Goat of a response, I like that.

That advice would translate well here also.

Imo

His intent, at this point, is irrelevant. If he is unable to coherently convey his thoughts in the written form then perhaps he should stay away from social media. Otherwise, be prepared for the sh*tstorm.

These guys will never learn. You can not win a fight with the fans. You come off looking like a giant bag of water squirted up a vagina every time. Just stay away from it.

I totally got that and I agree with you. I object to to the idea (and this is not directed at you at all) that all these fans would love to trade places with these athletes. People here and everywhere say it all the time. These athletes get paid millions to play a game. They should consider themselves lucky. I would love to be able to do that for that money. When they wouldn't do it for that money at all. One day doing his job and they would be in the hospital and crying and begging to go back to their schitty job for schitty pay.

I have a little job and would not trade with Sammy. I make far less. But I need far less. I also schedule my own day.

Edited by jeffismagic

Looking past the horrendous lack of grammar what he said was stupid. I can understand he's frusterated but he handled it in the worst possible way. Instead of just telling people he's trying to get Healthy, wants to win, doesnt like sitting out either and get off his back, he has to take shots at the very people who allow him to get paid millions of dollars to run and catch a football. By degrading the fans and their careers it comes off as classless and out of touch. It just stinks of being another arrogant athlete who feels entitled. I lost A LOT of respect for Sammy.

So some idiots who made dumb remarks on his Instagram are the very people who allow him to do what he does for a living? That seems like a tremendous stretch. Why defend obnoxious morons with nothing better to do than rag on him?

if you read the last "sentence" or two he uses the wrong words entirely, not typos or spell check, he says "once" in place of "wants" "go one" instead of "go on" not to mention he says we all have "little jobs" so i guess only jobs like actor singer or ball catcher are real big jobs. People like soldiers teachers scientists and doctors have little jobs.

F softy sammy, i called him out since week 3 last year as a soft player, now i see his mind is just as soft as his body.

So some idiots who made dumb remarks on his Instagram are the very people who allow him to do what he does for a living? That seems like a tremendous stretch. Why defend obnoxious morons with nothing better to do than rag on him?

Yeah, the fans are idiots.Watkins is a mental midget who can't even put a sentence together.

if you read the last "sentence" or two he uses the wrong words entirely, not typos or spell check, he says "once" in place of "wants" "go one" instead of "go on" not to mention he says we all have "little jobs" so i guess only jobs like actor singer or ball catcher are real big jobs. People like soldiers teachers scientists and doctors have little jobs.

F softy sammy, i called him out since week 3 last year as a soft player, now i see his mind is just as soft as his body.

" We all" ? I don't think he said that. Why are you lumping yourself in with jerks that made stupid comments to him? Could you see yourself doing the same thing?