Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

But fans, you can say whatever the hell you want and not have to worry about it.......

If Sammy wants to say whatever he wants with no repercussions he just has to do what the fans do: Say it anonymously. If you're going to put your name on the things you say be prepared for the consequences if people don't like it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious? How many people would want his life? Most of these guys are piss poor broke 5 years after football. I don't think he graduated from Clemson with a degree. He has one arrest already.

I like my life and my little job...

As I said earlier in this thread I highly doubt very many of these so called offended people, or the dbags that harassed him would last ten minutes doing his job even for his money. They would be whining and quitting and hurt or hospitalized on the first big hit.

If Sammy wants to say whatever he wants with no repercussions he just has to do what the fans do: Say it anonymously. If you're going to put your name on the things you say be prepared for the consequences if people don't like it.

The "fans" harassing him on social media arent anonymous, theyre just nobodies.

As I said earlier in this thread I highly doubt very many of these so called offended people, or the dbags that harassed him would last ten minutes doing his job even for his money. They would be whining and quitting and hurt or hospitalized on the first big hit.

Sammy Watkins... wouldn't last ten minutes doing my job either.

Edited by Beerball

What size are you getting? Better order soon. Christmas is coming and this'll be a hot item for sure!

Plus this blows the idea that Sammy doesn't get national endorsement deals out of the water. He clearly got signed by Goodwill.

I don't make enough to afford it.

#sorryhadtodoit

That was obvious to everyone.

Do we get to trade bodies and age too?

I'm showing my age, but Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed all had run-ins with fans in the 1990's.

In 1989 the nickname for the team was "The Bickering Bills", because the players were sniping at each other so much.

The difference today is instant communication, and Sammy's still young and needs to learn his lessons. But I can understand why he was angry because some of the comments directed at him were truly nasty. I think he realizes that he has to tune it out. He seems like he's a pretty bright guy so I doubt this will happen again.

I don't think that the comments that were spewed at him represent most fans. It doesn't always seem this way, but most fans are able to keep things in perspective. They love the team, but they don't let it take over their lives to the point where they're actually taking the time to hassle a player when things don't go well.

Given his writing/communication skills he couldn't last 10 minutes in any job that wasn't almost exclusively physical.

When I was getting ready to start my career, I was lucky to have a mentor who gave me some great advice: Anyone who is very successful at what they do isn't stupid. Regardless of how well or how poorly they talk, or how good or bad their grammar is, if they're successful at a high level, they're not stupid. This advice has never failed me in the 24 years since.

Sammy's not stupid. To make it at the NFL level requires a great deal of mental discipline and determination, and I would bet that he could succeed in another profession if he really put his mind to it.

When I was getting ready to start my career, I was lucky to have a mentor who gave me some great advice: Anyone who is very successful at what they do isn't stupid. Regardless of how well or how poorly they talk, or how good or bad their grammar is, if they're successful at a high level, they're not stupid. This advice has never failed me in the 24 years since.

Sammy's not stupid. To make it at the NFL level requires a great deal of mental discipline and determination, and I would bet that he could succeed in another profession if he really put his mind to it.

Marshawn Lynch, Mike Tyson, I could go on. Not that I'm saying Watkins is stupid, just you can be successful in sports and still be stupid. Much harder to be successful and stupid outside of sports however.