Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

It's good to get your team fired up but it's even better to keep them cool and calm so they can think and execute the plays to perfection.

I loved the Rex hire and now I want to see him channel players' frustration into execution on the field like NE* does.

So true. Belichek has mastered the way of getting his team to buy into the "us against the world" mentality. The Pats don't want to just beat you, they want to show you up.

I want Rex to find that fire on this team. I want Marcell to have his "Bart Scott" moment. CAN'T WAIT.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never understand the mentality of fans who are called losers by an athlete and then not only make excuses for him but continue to buy tickets to support his game check.

Because we aren't the douchebags that set him off? I am confident with my life, and don't need Sammy Watkins affirmation that I am not a loser.

No. He wasn't. He ONLY was talking about people who bad mouthed him for being injured. Just them. Not all fans, not all fans who criticized him, not all menial job workers. Only people that bitched about him taking his family to Disney when he apparently should have been playing.

and you know this how?

it amazes me that so many here rabidly hate writers that our critical of the bills but it's fine for a player to be critical of fans.

and you know this how?

it amazes me that so many here rabidly hate writers that our critical of the bills but it's fine for a player to be critical of fans.

it was obvious. It wasn't a separate Instagram post. He posted a pic of himself at Disney world with his daughter. Cue the ignorant comments of people blasting him for being injured, attacking him for walking at Disney with an ankle sprain,etc etc. Then he responded with his post under the same picture.

He has now issued two statements about it not being toward all fans or even Bills fans at all.

Edited by YoloinOhio

and you know this how?

Because in his original post he speaks of them. "To all the people that have a problem with me being injured"

Ummm... Because that is what he specifically said?

Here is a little reminder to go by that may help you... For example, when someone starts an Instagram post with, "To all you black people..." he is not addressing white people.

so when he denigrates those on instagram with little jobs, others with "little" jobs have no cause to be offended? of course they do. he's judging everyone that doesn't have an important job like catching footballs and running fast...

I imagine there would be 1000x more fans telling you to STFU than Sammy. But keep showing off your intelligence.

Thank you. I will continue to do so. I appreciate your critique very much by the way. Very stylish and poignant. Appreciations and congratulations to you!!!

so when he denigrates those on instagram with little jobs, others with "little" jobs have no cause to be offended? of course they do. he's judging everyone that doesn't have an important job like catching footballs and running fast...

No! Just the ones who are taking time away from other matters to harrass him.

This debate is a slippery slope and I agree with everything you said in general terms. Grammar nazis should stay away from social media. But...

He confused the word "once" for "wants"

I'm not sure we're really talking about the same thing here. This was no character saving device. This was an error I would not expect from a 3rd grader.

i havent made that specific mistake before but ill admit to my fingers typing some ridiculous stuff, despite me knowing full well the proper spelling. subbing a word that sounds vaguely similar is something ive been guilty of doing....

though its distinctly possible that the kid is just legit dumb when writing.

no just those with jobs so little they have time and ignorance to spew hate at him on Twitter about taking his kid to Disney

or the ones that have such an unsatisfying personal and professional life that they have to try to tear him down in his career. i took it as those ones specifically, not pay or duty related.

Sure you can be offended, but you can also be rational and know Sammy was just taking a shot at the people who were taking a shot at him. It's easy to be offended, hard to think rationally.

i havent made that specific mistake before but ill admit to my fingers typing some ridiculous stuff, despite me knowing full well the proper spelling. subbing a word that sounds vaguely similar is something ive been guilty of doing....

though its distinctly possible that the kid is just legit dumb when writing.

Are you not feeling well? B-)

and you know this how?

saved for posterity, oh highly intelligent one.

Ummm... Because that is what he specifically said?

Here is a little reminder to go by that may help you... For example, when someone starts an Instagram post with, "To all you black people..." he is not addressing white people.

pssst, pssst. Reading comprehension isn't his strong suit.

you know, it's sorta like how you lord it over everyone on PPP that you're uber smart, having well read the "classics", and are a high information high quality sort of person who's farts don't stink.

No! Just the ones who are taking time away from other matters to harrass him.

we will agree to disagree then. at any rate, it's bad behavior and it should be embarrassing to those associated with him. sadly, many of those people are probably defending him as well. that's not going to help him when statistically he's likely to be broke and doing some "little" job 3 years out of the league.

No. He's not. He's speaking to a specific, well defined subset - to all those that criticized him about taking his family to Disney - to which anyone outside of that specific subset is not being referred to.

Thank you. I will continue to do so. I appreciate your critique very much by the way. Very stylish and poignant. Appreciations and congratulations to you!!!

Any time. Glad I could help.

Looking past the horrendous lack of grammar what he said was stupid. I can understand he's frusterated but he handled it in the worst possible way. Instead of just telling people he's trying to get Healthy, wants to win, doesnt like sitting out either and get off his back, he has to take shots at the very people who allow him to get paid millions of dollars to run and catch a football. By degrading the fans and their careers it comes off as classless and out of touch. It just stinks of being another arrogant athlete who feels entitled. I lost A LOT of respect for Sammy.

we will agree to disagree then. at any rate, it's bad behavior and it should be embarrassing to those associated with him. sadly, many of those people are probably defending him as well. that's not going to help him when statistically he's likely to be broke and doing some "little" job 3 years out of the league.

Nice try on the stereotypical dumb jock shot at him. If you look it up, he's well aware that many athletes do go broke and he is taking measures to make sure he'll not be in that situation.

Looking past the horrendous lack of grammar what he said was stupid. I can understand he's frusterated but he handled it in the worst possible way. Instead of just telling people he's trying to get Healthy, wants to win, doesnt like sitting out either and get off his back, he has to take shots at the very people who allow him to get paid millions of dollars to run and catch a football. By degrading the fans and their careers it comes off as classless and out of touch. It just stinks of being another arrogant athlete who feels entitled. I lost A LOT of respect for Sammy.

Except he didn't. ;) he bitched about a couple dozen people at most. Probably less. I didn't read all the comments.

and I suspect that outside of this forum, you are aligned with thevast majority of people. if nothing else, this was an incredibly stupid business decision. don't see him ever selling soup or mac and cheese on commercials, do you?

Nice try on the stereotypical dumb jock shot at him. If you look it up, he's well aware that many athletes do go broke and he is taking measures to make sure he'll not be in that situation.

i'd say he just provided some pretty strong evidence of this.

and I suspect that outside of this forum, you are aligned with thevast majority of people. if nothing else, this was an incredibly stupid business decision. don't see him ever selling soup or mac and cheese on commercials, do you?

In the end, this will be a blip on the radar screen. The next big thing in the news cycle will pretty much erase this.

And as we all know, no 22 year old in America has every said something ill advised :D

This isn't just any normal 22 year old American we are talking about, this is SAMMY "THE MAN" WATKINS GLEN.

He should be wise beyond his years. Like Buddha wise. :worthy:

Imo

Edited by Leroi

i'd say he just provided some pretty strong evidence of this.

When he was drafted his agent told him to go pick out any new car he wanted and that when he signed his contract he could pay the agent back. Sammy said, "No, thank you. I will wait until I can pay for it myself." And then I believe bought his parents a house as soon as he signed.

or the ones that have such an unsatisfying personal and professional life that they have to try to tear him down in his career. i took it as those ones specifically, not pay or duty related.

Imagine you kept getting hurt on your job at a construction site making an apartment building because your foreman isn't OSHA compliant, and one of the future renters stated talking $#}% to you on instagram about being hurt. I'd be pissed too....

Edited by Tenhigh

Man, we are straight up chasing this guy out of Buffalo because he had unlucky injuries. Get it straight people, you fired first, on his instagram, on his facebook, on his twitter. Sure that happens to all athletes, but when they fire back don't act shocked and appalled because you acted like the douchebags first.

Get it straight, fans don't chase players anywhere; dollars draw them to their next home.

I kind of feel like your looking to be offended. If you weren't shouting at him and his kid like an animal on his Instagram account he isn't talking to you. Sometimes people look for things to set them off, that is what this appears to be.

Edited by blitzboy54