New England had the fewest fumbles again in 2015

papazoid

To date, the Patriots are one of only five teams in the league that hasn’t fumbled on a running play this year​

geez, i thought they owed less fumbling to deflated balls ??

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/15/patriots-quietly-have-the-nfls-most-effective-running-game/

Edited by papazoid

Why the 'running play' qualifier? Might as well put a "Misleading Stat Alert!" tag on this thread.

As I said in the "look how often they've fumbled" thread, it's still a small sample size so draw conclusions at your own peril.

With regards to the disclaimer of rushing plays, I'd venture a running back having secured the ball is a more true indicator of psi than Brady getting chopped (ball coming out regardless of psi) or muffing a kick for example.

Like I said, it's waaaay too early but outside of gray, it doesn't seem to be skyrocketing like some posters insisted it would.

Exactly. They were exonerated. Why would they stop?

No, they were not exonerated. The judge just ruled that The League was too heavy-handed in doling out the punishment to Brady (before going off to join Robert Kraft at a shee-shee dinner party in the Hamptons). Court is adjourned.

As I said in the "look how often they've fumbled" thread, it's still a small sample size so draw conclusions at your own peril.

With regards to the disclaimer of rushing plays, I'd venture a running back having secured the ball is a more true indicator of psi than Brady getting chopped (ball coming out regardless of psi) or muffing a kick for example.

Like I said, it's waaaay too early but outside of gray, it doesn't seem to be skyrocketing like some posters insisted it would.

Then note how many NE fumbles were strip sacks of the QB this year and in previous years. Do likewise for other teams when comparing. A WR or QB with the ball tucked away should absolutely count. Ignoring those fumble - especially for a team that runs so little - is clearly misleading through intent, bias or stupidity.

the Colts are already sipping their warm milk and curling up in their blankees in anticipation of the ass kicking that is coming.

As much as I hate New England (and I do) and as much as every TD Brady throws is one closer to the all-time record (which he wants) I almost don't mind the idea of seeing them drop 80 on the wimpy colts this weekend, just because the colts have failed time and time again to stop them and haven't even shown up in the process.

The Patriots are one of only five teams in the league that hasn’t fumbled on a running play this year​

geez, i thought they owed less fumbling to deflated balls ??

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/15/patriots-quietly-have-the-nfls-most-effective-running-game/

Well some are trying to put air into the P*ts balls using their lips. Thanks for effort.

Then note how many NE fumbles were strip sacks of the QB this year and in previous years. Do likewise for other teams when comparing. A WR or QB with the ball tucked away should absolutely count. Ignoring those fumble - especially for a team that runs so little - is clearly misleading through intent, bias or stupidity.

have at it - it wasnt some hard hitting advanced stat. if someone is tracking "type of fumbles" situationally, it could be interesting but im guessing its not easy access like "rushing fumbles" which kind of acts as some bar napkin subsitute. i likewise wasnt defending as some end all be all stat.

and just an FYI... its not like NE is wildly out of line for attempts. 3 more rushes per game would put them dead center of the league in carries per game.

Edited by NoSaint

The Patriots have led the league mostly the past 10 years in least fumbles. The don't fumble, they catch everything, their receivers go 5 yards on 3rd and 4, and they don't take stupid penalties. It's why they win, and we can learn from them

have at it - it wasnt some hard hitting advanced stat. if someone is tracking "type of fumbles" situationally, it could be interesting but im guessing its not easy access like "rushing fumbles" which kind of acts as some bar napkin subsitute. i likewise wasnt defending as some end all be all stat.

and just an FYI... its not like NE is wildly out of line for attempts. 3 more rushes per game would put them dead center of the league in carries per game.

Don't try to be reasonable. You are supposed to rage and rail against the Patriots, not note when attacks against them seem exaggerated.

So, I recently had a date with a Patriots fan. Well, two of them. The first one was amazing (she moves to Dallas to work for a fashion company) and we're going to be just friends but the other - we ended up screaming at each other about deflategate and all things the Pats have done to cheat.

Things she said:

• Wells Report was inconclusive
  • Brady was proven not a cheater by the court
  • His phone being destroyed was normal
  • Back in the day everyone taped each other
  • Doug Flutie - I didn't know he said that
  • Ross Tucker saying they practiced IR players? "I bet all teams do, how many guys on steroids are on the bills?"
  • Buffalo is on the site "everyone cheats" .com or whatever, go read what they did!
  • Buffalo had that stupid horn go off when they played each other!

It went on and on. She threw **** at me.

Edited by Boyst62

• 1 month later...

BUMP

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/most-fumbles-and-fumbles-lost/2015/

Tom Brady 5 fumbles Lost 2

Deon Lewis 2 fumbles Lost 1

L Blount 1 fumble Lost 0

Hoomanawanui 1 fumble Lost 1

Julian Edelman 1 fumble Lost 1

also ties in with this thread

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/181252-fumbles-fumbles-fumbles;-pats-truth-revealing-itself/?p=3695133

Last year the pats* fumbled 13 times, but only lost 4. An entire season

so far mid season(ish) 10 fumbles Lost 5

Their numbers have inflated.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Did anyone else notice that the Bills have not thrown a INT or fumbled in snowy conditions in 2015? They have also held teams to 0 points this season in Monday night games.

Just some stats to think about....

This topic was of interest to a few of us here as we wanted to correlate whether or not the softer balls actually affected the fumbling by the team that has had the fewest in the NFL since Tainted Tom championed the NFL to have each team control their own footballs on the sideline.

It would put to bed one of our cheating conspiracies.

My apologies that you don't see it as interesting.

I recall that the Law Firm (Benjarvus Green-Ellis) had never fumbled for like the first 8 years of his career. NE definitely stresses ball protection to its players, half their players are worried they are going to get cut if they !@#$ up, even veterans do not have that job security (except TB of course)

I recall that the Law Firm (Benjarvus Green-Ellis) had never fumbled for like the first 8 years of his career. NE definitely stresses ball protection to its players, half their players are worried they are going to get cut if they !@#$ up, even veterans do not have that job security (except TB of course)

I recall the Law Firm (Darby-Gilmore-McKelvin) hawking balls.

You always hear the BB benches and or cuts players who fumble. With the exception of Lewis this season and of course Saint Tainted Tom.

BB no likey fumbling

geez

On incompletions, they will run this :40 clock to give the refs time to retrieve a ball and spot it. If you listen, the referee is saying something on the mic so that :40 clock shouldn't be relevant due to a game delay, therefore a :25 clock should be blown in...

...I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Patriots cut Chris Harper following muffed punt

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000591750/article/patriots-cut-chris-harper-following-muffed-punt

We are reminded why they do it so infrequently.

Muff a punt, ruin a perfect season - get canned.

If only we did this the first time McKelvin muffed a punt, or at least took him out of that role for the game :lol:

They've fumbled 11 times so far this year.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/2015.htm

I tried to add them up and that single chart is confusing

If I read it right they had 16 last season (total). So they are on pace with 1 per game on average. Counter to that 16 in 2014 (see bottom of post)

We've discussed that the fumble #'s generally increase in December due to the cold weather. So fingers crossed Deflategate truly has a meaning

We're #1 so far in 2015 :bag:

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-fumbles-and-fumbles-lost/2015/

# 1 Buff Bills 22 fumbles - 7 Lost

# 26 Patriots 11 fumbles - 5 Lost

2014 NFL season - # 31 Cheatriots 13 fumbles (missing 3 from PFR) - 4 Lost

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• 2 weeks later...