New England had the fewest fumbles again in 2015

papazoid

I recall that the Law Firm (Benjarvus Green-Ellis) had never fumbled for like the first 8 years of his career. NE definitely stresses ball protection to its players, half their players are worried they are going to get cut if they !@#$ up, even veterans do not have that job security (except TB of course)

You're close. Before they get cut, they're worried about this.

If any of the Patriots f**k up or fumble, Belicheck has their wrists tied behind their backs, takes them by the scruff of the neck, propels them into the room with this tub, and tells them they're going in face-first if they f**k up again.

That's the truth of the Patriots Way.

You're close. Before they get cut, they're worried about this.

If any of the Patriots f**k up or fumble, Belicheck has their wrists tied behind their backs, takes them by the scruff of the neck, propels them into the room with this tub, and tells them they're going in face-first if they f**k up again.

That's the truth of the Patriots Way.

Ridley fumbled his way off that team. And i think it was only like 2 or 3 fumbles...

my bad, I thought it was you who associated Deflategate with fumbling

to be fair, it was like 3/4 of the board.

its possible it effected it on a random hit every few years (if you assume they were doing this consistently for years), but that the slight change in PSI would be DRASTIC and that if it was they would be the only team messing with it seemed like an assumption that wouldnt play out realistically.

Why the 'running play' qualifier? Might as well put a "Misleading Stat Alert!" tag on this thread.

This about sums it up. It's far too easy to take a myopic "sample", if you even want to call it that, and say that that's representative of the whole. New England has 9 fumbles on the season. That has them tied for 15th most in the NFL. Miami has a grand total of 3, where Carolina leads with 15. There is NOTHING special about that metric this year.

Lol, I stated over and over that "deflategate" had nothing to do with their fumble rate. Man was I flamed. I even showed stats that showed players like Welker fumbled more with NE than any other team to show he wasnt benefiting from being in NE. There were stats showing that most good teams have very low fumble rates, not just NE. #Vindicated. Can we now put this deflate gate garbage to rest finally? It had no impact on the game in question, Brady played better in the second half of that game with the LEGAL balls, Brady tore apart the league this year with all legal balls, etc.

Brady is great because the damn guy is the best QB of his generation and maybe ever. Pats are great because BB is one of the greatest coaches ever with one of the greatest QBs ever. Not because of air pressure of some stupid ball that has such a minimal impact on the game that its a freaking joke it was dragged on for so long and blown out of epic proportions. But stating facts about the real facts about the balls or that Brady and BB are all time greats because of their skill someone how morphed into getting labeled a Pats fan and ridiculed. The level of ridiculous conspiracy conclusions people jumped to about the stupid air pressure was beyond crazy.

NE doesn't fumble because they get rid of guys who fumble and the preach like church to protect the ball. And again, if you don't, you job is on the line. In many cases there weren't many second chances either.

Scrubs get cut. Not starters.

Ridley was a starter.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Lol, I stated over and over that "deflategate" had nothing to do with their fumble rate. Man was I flamed. I even showed stats that showed players like Welker fumbled more with NE than any other team to show he wasnt benefiting from being in NE. There were stats showing that most good teams have very low fumble rates, not just NE. #Vindicated. Can we now put this deflate gate garbage to rest finally? It had no impact on the game in question, Brady played better in the second half of that game with the LEGAL balls, Brady tore apart the league this year with all legal balls, etc.

Brady is great because the damn guy is the best QB of his generation and maybe ever. Pats are great because BB is one of the greatest coaches ever with one of the greatest QBs ever. Not because of air pressure of some stupid ball that has such a minimal impact on the game that its a freaking joke it was dragged on for so long and blown out of epic proportions. But stating facts about the real facts about the balls or that Brady and BB are all time greats because of their skill someone how morphed into getting labeled a Pats fan and ridiculed. The level of ridiculous conspiracy conclusions people jumped to about the stupid air pressure was beyond crazy.

NE doesn't fumble because they get rid of guys who fumble and the preach like church to protect the ball. And again, if you don't, you job is on the line. In many cases there weren't many second chances either.

Ridley was a starter.

its all simply a reflection of sore loser's bitterness. I think its small and petty.