Corey Graham penalty

YoloinOhio

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could have swung the game. Horrible call. What is a DB supposed to do in that situation?

That was a crap call and I'm not sure what a defender is allowed to do anymore. As a coach, you can't tell these guys to lay off the aggression and as a player you simply can't be timid out there.

GO BILLS!!!

the broadcast said they were the same but I think the defender actually got TT under the collar and Bradham did not per a tweet from someone at the game

I thought you had to grab the collar. No way did they do that on TT. But even if they missed the TT one, it was somewhat irrelevant. TT had already converted the first down.

the broadcast said they were the same but I think the defender actually got TT under the collar and Bradham did not per a tweet from someone at the game

No. He didn't. It was clear right awy that it was not a horse collar. He never had TT by the collar. Multiple replays showed us this.

Brutal call... We did catch a break on the two horse collar calls though

I disagree, even if that wasn't a horse collar based on a grab inside the jersey, the player hitting TT after he was down and rolling on his legs should have been called; so maybe they called the wrong call it was a penalty non the less.

No. He didn't. It was clear right awy that it was not a horse collar. He never had TT by the collar. Multiple replays showed us this.

I do think, however, it should have been unnecessary roughness on whoever came in on the late hit.

I disagree, even if that wasn't a horse collar based on a grab inside the jersey, the player hitting TT after he was down and rolling on his legs should have been called; so maybe they called the wrong call it was a penalty non the less.

Exactly.

Not sure. Don't think the whistle had blown. Second guy was looking to strip i think.

He just dove right at him. Maybe whistle wasn't blown, but all in all some gray area for either call and in real time at least one of those looked like a penalty.

It's a call made because at speed it looks different than in replay. I can't fault the call, as the NFL is trying to make sure defenders don't hurt receivers. What really needs to be done is allow a booth ref to quickly review and potentially overturn close calls like that.

What is sad is that Walt Anderson had a perfect view of both, and screwed them both up in real time by throwing a flag. Not a hard call-- I saw jersey grabs in real time.

its the yanking that's the issue when unnecessary. never do that to a QB!

The League reviews personal foul calls during the week and issues fines for blatent fouls

The League should also review all penalties called during the week and fine Refs for seriously blown calls like this one

The refs are reviewed weekly and graded by the league. I get pissed at them, too, but I don't think fining them is appropriate, either. As much as I'd like to.

GO BILLS!!!

Hey, speaking of this call, though, did you guys notice how mad the D played after that, but didn't lose their discipline? They hit hard and made the stops. Totally different unit compared to earlier that game. I like how they responded, but wish they would look like that more of the game.

It's a call made because at speed it looks different than in replay. I can't fault the call, as the NFL is trying to make sure defenders don't hurt receivers. What really needs to be done is allow a booth ref to quickly review and potentially overturn close calls like that

Then react accordingly and throw the flag inmediately, not a good 5' after the play.

Throwing Tennessee a bone, I can only assume. Maybe in real time they thought Graham hit him in the head?

Gonna have to add new rules like college. Targeting calls are reviewed and reversed sometimes. No way these zebras can see impact point in real time in every situation

The League reviews personal foul calls during the week and issues fines for blatent fouls

The League should also review all penalties called during the week and fine Refs for seriously blown calls like this one

They are all reviewed and all refs are graded on their calls and non- calls. Bad grades will only keep them out of officiating in the playoffs though. They should have some financial penalty though. Maybe have them sit for a game and lose the game check and per diem.

You must have lost your script

No I truly did pay attention this time. I Like Tyrod. They took awhile to get warmed up, but by the end of the game I felt is was a fair enough scrum.

Edited by 3rdand12

Which call are we complaining about? The Graham penalty was total BS. He defended the pass, and hit him with his shoulder. Clean hit.

The call on Tyrod....he already had the first down, but Tennessee deserved something, either for the horse collar or the late hit. The one on Bradham, he had him by the lower half of his jersey.

I hated the pass interference on Gilmore too. But I'm certainly glad we won.

Which call are we complaining about? The Graham penalty was total BS. He defended the pass, and hit him with his shoulder. Clean hit.

The call on Tyrod....he already had the first down, but Tennessee deserved something, either for the horse collar or the late hit. The one on Bradham, he had him by the lower half of his jersey.

I hated the pass interference on Gilmore too. But I'm certainly glad we won.

i was complaining about the unnecessary roughness on Graham. The Dpi on Gilmore also bad. Grrrrr