OBJ punched Duke Williams in the face - fined $9k by NFL

YoloinOhio

if all of the talk about Beckham Jr is right then i think his star will soon fizzle out. he probably can't live up to the hype anyhow. but if he's playing as a "me first" type of guy and always trying to make the spectacular catch rather than making the easy catch then he won't be a complete receiver. most times it's the easy (2-handed) catches over the middle to pick up 4 yards on a 3rd and 3 that make a receiver. if he wants to be on highlight reels then tell him to join the harlem globetrotters. if he wants to be a football player then play hard and don't be a little punk when you are frustrated and punch guys in the face for doing their job and shutting you down

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TyDunne

#Bills players: WR Odell Beckham Jr. threw multiple punches in 24-10 loss, call him a 'prima donna' and 'golden boy' http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/06/bills-players-wr-odell-beckham-jr-threw-multiple-punches-is-a-prima-donna/

Wow. Just makes me want to see Sammy back on the field even more. If he's healthy the Bills could simply dominate.

rex's NJ teams had fewer penalties and fewer personal fouls than the Bills the last 2 years. They had 1 all of last year and 3 all of 2013. Bills had 2 last year and 4 in 2013. Bills had 7.8 penalties per game last year (31st in league) and jets had 6.8 per game (17th in league). In 2013 the Bills had 6.9 per game (25th) and the Jets had 6.8 per game (23rd). What does it have to do with his tenure?

And Rex is no longer the coach of the Jets and they had 14 penalties for 163 yards on Sunday.

I'm actually sick of that. He did the same thing in another game, caught a one handed catch out of bounds. It makes me pull my hair out, I don't care that he caught it, he was out of bounds. It doesn't count. I wish they would just move on.

Now if OBJ could catch a ball one handed without those sticky gloves......

if all of the talk about Beckham Jr is right then i think his star will soon fizzle out. he probably can't live up to the hype anyhow. but if he's playing as a "me first" type of guy and always trying to make the spectacular catch rather than making the easy catch then he won't be a complete receiver. most times it's the easy (2-handed) catches over the middle to pick up 4 yards on a 3rd and 3 that make a receiver. if he wants to be on highlight reels then tell him to join the harlem globetrotters. if he wants to be a football player then play hard and don't be a little punk when you are frustrated and punch guys in the face for doing their job and shutting you down

I think it's funny (actually irritating) that he and other receivers now regularly feel the need to attempt one-handed catches to make highlight reels, when 99% of the time two hands should be used and there would be a higher probability of actually making the catch with two hands. It's basic fundamentals. I'm glad I don't coach youth football anymore - I assume there's tons of kids now trying regularly to catch the ball with one hand instead of properly using two.

Edited by stevewin

How about Bills players do less whining, and less reacting, so they don't get flags. Let the NFL sort out OBJ's punches.

The Bills secondary did their job Sunday. The NFL when publicly called out for missing stuff will start paying attention. Especially when the public starts paying attention too. While we can't be baited, those players should still be flagged. How come we have to be disciplined to not get flags, but they don't? I also don't necessarily think the punches were a strategic move by Beckham, he was annoyed and frustrated.

Edited by What a Tuel

Normally I'd agree, however a punch was thrown. That's not normal. Regular shoving does happen on every play, but it isn't regular that only one team gets called for it.

Was it a shove, punch, push, swipe, open hand slap? Who knows hard to tell. It happened during flow of the play and Duke was swiping at ODB when he knocked him down too. So why wasn't what Williams did a punch too? Rarely if ever see a punch called in those circumstances....at most some kind of illegal hands to face.

Punches that get called and fined happen well after plays are.over, with 2 guys jawing, one says something about the other guys momma, and the other guy hauls off and smacks him. Something like this...

Edited by JTSP

Was it a shove, punch, push, swipe, open hand slap? Who knows hard to tell. It happened during flow of the play and Duke was swiping at ODB when he knocked him down too. So why wasn't what Williams did a punch too? Rarely if ever see a punch called in those circumstances....at most some kind of illegal hands to face.

Punches that get called and fined happen well after plays are.over, with 2 guys jawing, one says something about the other guys momma, and the other guy hauls off and smacks him. Something like this...

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dude, I think you're trying a little too hard here. Duke made one more arm movement forward after hitting him, and by that time ODB was on his azzszz. Looked more to me like a follow through by which he was trying to keep himself from falling because ODB provided very little resistance to the hit. That one arm motion was hardly flailing at ODB, whereas ODB clearly gets up and swings directly at and hits Duke in the side of the helmet hard enough to cause Duke's helmet to twist violently when he makes contact.

Morever, if it wasn't his first and only one of the afternoon, that is significant as well. I'm not trying o make a big deal out of it, but that punk needs to be held accountable for that crap, and claiming that it was hard to interpret or hard to classify as a deliberate punch is simply nonsense. He got legally jacked with a great and legal hit, and he was pissed so he jumped and hit Duke in the head with a full swing and then ran away like a total pu$sy.

Dude, I think you're trying a little too hard here. Duke made one more arm movement forward after hitting him, and by that time ODB was on his azzszz. Looked more to me like a follow through by which he was trying to keep himself from falling because ODB provided very little resistance to the hit. That one arm motion was hardly flailing at ODB, whereas ODB clearly gets up and swings directly at and hits Duke in the side of the helmet hard enough to cause Duke's helmet to twist violently when he makes contact.

Morever, if it wasn't his first and only one of the afternoon, that is significant as well. I'm not trying o make a big deal out of it, but that punk needs to be held accountable for that crap, and claiming that it was hard to interpret or hard to classify as a deliberate punch is simply nonsense. He got legally jacked with a great and legal hit, and he was pissed so he jumped and hit Duke in the head with a full swing and then ran away like a total pu$sy.

Oh God...we are Zappruder film looking at this, and it was on the fake grassy knoll.

It's like fumbling, once you get a reputation they're all coming for you.... and you have to be better than just good.

excellent point ! I think Preston said something to that effect> which make me think the Coaches did react properly within the locker room, we shall see though.

Go Bills !

Punishing teams brutally and legally since 10/11/15 !

Because he got up after the play and retaliated. Williams was blocking legally.

It is supposed to be called. I dont thing odell did any harm, but its a pattern of behaviour thats should be nipped by the officials. I mean what if he broke f'n nail or something. Suspend Duke for the season!!

Dont nonchalance this unsportsmanlike conduct from the Giants

Oh God...we are Zappruder film looking at this, and it was on the fake grassy knoll.

you are just saying that to sound cool. Because Michael Bennett hates Texas for killing JFK before he was even born.

I've been to the Grassy Knoll. I stood behind the fence where the CIA hid to kill Kennedy. I stood on the pedestal where Abraham Zapruder filmed it all. I've been to the patsy's (Oswald) "nest" on the 6th floor. Please note that "Zapruder" has only ONE "p."

Now, about the topic at hand. The Bills got Screwed again by the refs in this game, as it was NOWHERE close to being called "evenly." Same ole, same ole. And obviously, OB is a punk who I'm sure will be dealt with (by DBs & Safeties) as time goes on.

I've been to the Grassy Knoll. I stood behind the fence where the CIA hid to kill Kennedy. I stood on the pedestal where Abraham Zapruder filmed it all. I've been to the patsy's (Oswald) "nest" on the 6th floor. Please note that "Zapruder" has only ONE "p."

Me too, in 2013...it's quite an experience. I also walked from the fence to the overpass which was a surprisingly short distance. In fact the overwhelming sensation I got was the whole scene was much smaller than I had imagined. Which led to me to conclude two things: 1) no way dudes are shooting rifles from the fence without people seeing it clear as day and 2) With that building almost right at the edge of the street, Oswald's shot wasn't that hard.

Lost a lot of respect for beckham. Can someone PLEASE create a website where people can see how big of clowns refs are?? Seriously they need to be graded and held accountable. Not just for Bills games(although, it seems the biggest clowns ref our games), but for ALL games. Bad calls should NOT be a part of the game and nobody should accept have to accept that. It's a joke how the officials call whatever they feel like. I WANT BLOOD!!!

I just hope we can break the W L W L pattern. I'll have much more renewed hope if we take care of business against the Titans and then come home and beat a great Bengals team. If we go down to Tennessee and whoop them like we did with the Dolphins, then sh*t the bed like this past Sunday, I'll be frustrated.

Wrong week to break it. If they were to break it this week it would be W L W L L.

Come on, that kind of shoving goes on, on just about every play. Give it a rest folks, we lost to the a team that played better than when we did on Sunday. Next game up titans.

Sounds like you had him in fantasy football pool.

but what will/should Brown do next time. Say, "thank you sir, may I have another." If the Ref's don't call it, what can/should he do. That's the question no one answers.

Lean into the punch. Jack up the guys hand with your facemask?

Nope...I just think the hype is redick. Mike Bennett might not have been born but I was in in 1960.

Just messin'

so 54 and stackin' wins. hope you are doing he same Mike!

so why are you defending the Ginats again?

Lets say it was give and take and call it even. what are you getting after?

The game was amok physically and verbally. Where were the refs to settle these teams down. They can stop the play and call the coaches together.

I really am not taking sides ( i was for fun sake) but this game was horribly officiated

I like Sherman's response! just a chuckle. Perfect answer in that situation.

That writer is a moron. It was Bradham who pushed Beckham. Then the gif he posted ends, right before Brown gets up from the pile and tries to separate Bradham and Beckham and then comes the Beckham punch.

Just messin'

so 54 and stackin' wins. hope you are doing he same Mike!

so why are you defending the Ginats again?

Lets say it was give and take and call it even. what are you getting after?

The game was amok physically and verbally. Where were the refs to settle these teams down. They can stop the play and call the coaches together.

I really am not taking sides ( i was for fun sake) but this game was horribly officiated

Calm down, dude.

I'm not defending them at all, I just found an article that presented another side. I don't agree with the article at all. I put "the other side of the story" in quotes for a reason.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Me too, in 2013...it's quite an experience. I also walked from the fence to the overpass which was a surprisingly short distance. In fact the overwhelming sensation I got was the whole scene was much smaller than I had imagined. Which led to me to conclude two things: 1) no way dudes are shooting rifles from the fence without people seeing it clear as day and 2) With that building almost right at the edge of the street, Oswald's shot wasn't that hard.

Nah, no way LHO acted alone....2 precise head/neck shot hits with a bolt-action rifle at a moving target in just 7 seconds!? There definitely were shooters from more than one location too, and the kill shot came from the front...."back, and to the left." Trust me on this one. LOL

Also, virtually everyone's attention was focused on the motorcade, not on the fenceline on the grassy knoll. The only people looking over there would have been gov't agents. And they just had to make that ONE fatal head, shot, pull down the rifle and stroll away..

Nah, no way LHO acted alone....2 precise head/neck shot hits with a bolt-action rifle at a moving target in just 7 seconds!? There definitely were shooters from more than one location too, and the kill shot came from the front...."back, and to the left." Trust me on this one. LOL

Also, virtually everyone's attention was focused on the motorcade, not on the fenceline on the grassy knoll. The only people looking over there would have been gov't agents. And they just had to make that ONE fatal head, shot, pull down the rifle and stroll away..

Same with ODB. No way one person engineered a head slap like that. Refs were in on it, and now the media is involved in a mass cover up.

Calm down, dude.

I'm not defending them at all, I just found an article that presented another side. I don't agree with the article at all. I put "the other side of the story" in quotes for a reason.

I know you were playing Devils advocate.

Your quoted>

"Calm down, dude."

My quote>

"I really am not taking sides ( i was for fun sake) but this game was horribly officiated "

Same with ODB. No way one person engineered a head slap like that. Refs were in on it, and now the media is involved in a mass cover up.

The Russians ?

So by the sounds of it, with the Bills O linemen E. Wood that said the call on Incognito was bogus it looks as though the Giants brought there own refs to the game ...

But it is good that they caught up with OBJ & fine him for his actions, but it would have been better to get a personal foul or 2 during the game !!