Taylor Review

Thurmal34

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. He was calm, cool, and collected today. Didn't let his feet get happy and got the ball out.

It feels like we have something with this guy. Of course there will be bumps, but if those bumps are used as opportunities to improve and not repeated then we are in the convo for a #2 seed.

Bengals at Bills on 10/18 is looming large.

Not surprised by any of it except the consistency - homer for him at VT and he was this good. But not always. We would have ruined this kid had we drafted him. We now have the coaching in place to take advantage of his abilities and it was all on the great O coaching of the now 0-3 Ravens.

Tough to be a Ravens fan today ... ouch.

Wish I could have that same argument with that Ravens fan a year ago in that bar .... $!!

@TyDunne

Percy Harvin on Tyrod Taylor: “Complete domination. He was in complete control of the game."

@thadbrown7

From @scottpitoniak: #Bills bounce back nicely. Starting to agree with Rex that Taylor is "legit" http://www.rochesterfirst.com/sports/local-sports/pitoniak-bills-rebound-to-squish-fish

Tyrod is fifth in the league in passing behind Rogers, Brady, Dalton and Palmer. He has a 116 rating. 9.2 per attempt. 7-3 TD-INT. Tied for second in 20+ yard passes. Just great stats.

Yep. He was calm, cool, and collected today. Didn't let his feet get happy and got the ball out.

It feels like we have something with this guy. Of course there will be bumps, but if those bumps are used as opportunities to improve and not repeated then we are in the convo for a #2 seed.

Bengals at Bills on 10/18 is looming large.

Very impressed. He and his receivers have great chemistry this early. The TT to Harvin equation is a big plus.

All great news... Very glad to see the fans so excited about Tyrod... he's very talented.... However, as well as he's performed, NOTHING about Tyrod's game says "playoff QB" to me... There were several bad overthrows and a few outright misses @ MIA... And yes, sometimes he still holds the ball too long... Have to see how he hadles the Giant's D..

Um, what? Lots of QBs have an occasional bad throw, especially on long passes. It happens. The Bills put 41 points up on a team that was supposed to go to the playoffs, threw 3 touchdowns and had a 136.7 QB rating. How is that not playoff caliber?

All great news... Very glad to see the fans so excited about Tyrod... he's very talented.... However, as well as he's performed, NOTHING about Tyrod's game says "playoff QB" to me... There were several bad overthrows and a few outright misses @ MIA... And yes, sometimes he still holds the ball too long... Have to see how he hadles the Giant's D..

right misses @ MIA... And yes, sometimes he still holds the ball too long... Have to see how he hadles the Giant's D..

Are you being facetious ? Or just dead wrong ?

Amazing post bro.

Are you being facetious ? Or just dead wrong ?

Amazing post bro.

Loved the game, loved the outcome 2-1!!!

I'm on board with Team TT as he played very well again yesterday against (based on the media experts) a very overrated Dullfins team.

The comments on the long ball and overthrows have merit.

We have a long way to go to even THINK playoffs.

One game at a time. Go Bills.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

He's completing 75% of his passes!! I don't know if you are being sarcastic or clueless. Edited by Kirby Jackson

NOTHING about this quote implies football knowledge!

I don't know what more we could be asking of Tyrod right now.

He's playing very good football, and not just for a guy that's only started 3 games. He's shown a very surprising comfort level for the QB position, and has had very few "rookie-style" hiccups through 3 weeks.

The biggest thing to me was seeing how quickly he bounced back and adjusted his game based on what NE did.

I'm very encouraged.

lol, if Tyrod keeps playing the way he's playing, we'll be in the playoffs

I think you accidentally typed "game" when you meant "skin color"

It's the conditioned response of Bills fans. We've been harping about a franchise QB so long we can't believe we might have one now. It's like the dog that catches the car. Now what?

So far it's hard not to be impressed. Let's see what happens as more of his play gets on film. If there is kryptonite out there, I'd expect it will be found by week 12. And by the way I'm not ready to say the patsies shut him down the first game because the 8 sacks could have been an o scheme or poor o line anomaly. And obviously the Phins didn't pick up any tricks out of it that they were able to use.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

So this is my chance to say that I was totally wrong about Tyrod. I judged him harshly from his VT days, and clearly, Frank Beamer has proven to be the real issue there. I thought Tyrod to be closer to Tuel than a starter. Wrong. I thought he came up small in big situations. Hope I'm wrong. Beyond that, he appears to be a leader.

I want to temper my excitement because of 2008 and 2011, but this feels different. Trent dinked and dunked, Tyrod is chucking it down field. Fitzy and his teammates were gritty overachievers that fell to earth. This team is just getting it's boosters warmed up. And I think we have the best back-up QB in the league.

So this is my chance to say that I was totally wrong about Tyrod. I judged him harshly from his VT days, and clearly, Frank Beamer has proven to be the real issue there. I thought Tyrod to be closer to Tuel than a starter. Wrong. I thought he came up small in big situations. Hope I'm wrong. Beyond that, he appears to be a leader.

I want to temper my excitement because of 2008 and 2011, but this feels different. Trent dinked and dunked, Tyrod is chucking it down field. Fitzy and his teammates were gritty overachievers that fell to earth. This team is just getting it's boosters warmed up. And I think we have the best back-up QB in the league.

And how about our OC, GRo? If he isn't a major upgrade, I don't know what is.

We're third in the NFL in scoring offense and Tyrod is top-5 in QBR. Every quarterback will miss some throws, but for anyone to criticize at this point... after 15 years of missing the playoffs... after 15 years of watching consistently average quarterback play... is beyond me.

Looks like we are going to have him for about a year based on all this

Hope Whaley is already looking for OC candidates for next year

I think you might be looking at Kromer as OC and Kurt Anderson as OL coach if in fact Roman leaves--though I think that's getting way ahead of ourselves.

I think you might be looking at Kromer as OC and Kurt Anderson as OL coach if in fact Roman leaves--though I think that's getting way ahead of ourselves.

Maybe Chan will come back after he gets canned in New Jersey.

:w00t:

We're third in the NFL in scoring offense and Tyrod is top-5 in QBR. Every quarterback will miss some throws, but for anyone to criticize at this point... after 15 years of missing the playoffs... after 15 years of watching consistently average quarterback play... is beyond me.

If only it was average

John that's fine but we have a slimmer learning curve. The rest of the team is built to win RIGHT NOW.

I'm not expecting him to be Brady. I'm expecting him to not take 3-5 seconds to deliver the ball. Anything over 3 isn't cool, and I counted at least 15 times where 3 was doing him a favor. Unacceptable.

​So your looking for him to do nothing but short passes and dump offs or toss it up and hope the receiver wins on longer ones then. You do realize that it takes 3-4 seconds for mid/long routes to develop like deep in/outs and comebacks. Takes 4-5 seconds for double moves and post, flag type routes. If you want to make the other team not stack the box you either have to be like Brady and be extremely accurate and know exactly where all your receivers are and read the defense before the snap to make the quick throws, or be a west coast offense and abandon the run game mostly because they will be all up on the line.

Not saying there shouldn't have been some adjustments made due to the lack of time, but its tough to say if all of it was TT's fault of if the plays that were called took longer to develop than he had time wise. Considering how little experience he has, and how good their defense is at disguising coverages and confusing even all-pro QB's, I though that once he settled down and got used to the defense and what it was doing, he play surprisingly well.

When you score 60 points over the last five quarters of play, you have to have good QB play.

Over the last 5 quarters, TT is 29-37, 414 YDS, 4 TD 1 INT with one rushing TD. A ridiculous 78% Completion % and 11.2 Passing Yards per Attempt.

Taylor ranks:

9th in the league in Completion %

4th in the league in Yards per attempt

5th in the league in Passing TD's

Tied for 2nd in the league in completions over 20+ yards.

Which, by the way, are all ranked higher than Phillip Rivers or Drew Brees, QB's that some members on this board were panning for us to mortgage our future for the next few years to acquire.

The guy who many thought didn't have the strong arm (that EJ showed) is showing he can stretch the field with the best in the league.

While it's still early, putting up 60 points in five quarters against two of your biggest division rivals is a good sign for a team whose main concern was putting up just enough points so their top ranked defense can win the game.

So far Taylor & Company is exceeding those expectations, big time.

Edited by dezertbill

He's completing 75% of his passes!! I don't know if you are being sarcastic or clueless.

I should ask you the same.... Too many three and outs, and stalled drives... Not sure who was responsible, but the playcalling lacked lethality... Karlos Williams looked great, and LB's were flat-out studs yesterday... I like Tyrod... He's the best QB we've had in a while... Terrific arm strength... great athlete.... Not yet a playoff calibre QB... Which is what we need.... A win against a lousy team, and a terrible coach does not equal a playoff berth or a won division... Tyrod still has much to prove.

NOTHING about this quote implies football knowledge!

:lol: Right back atcha!

lol, if Tyrod keeps playing the way he's playing, we'll be in the playoffs

I think you accidentally typed "game" when you meant "skin color"

:o

Dude.... I got in some big trouble insulting Ryan Fitzpatrick on this board... And caught just as much heat defending Russell Wilson... The fact that I question Tyrod's brain power has nothing to do with race. -At all... I swear.

Edited by #34fan

I thought by now there would be some idiot on here claiming that the entire game in Miami was "garbage time" just like the fourth quarter comeback against New England.

Through his first three games Tyrod has proven himself to be a legit above average quarterback. And you could even argue that through these 3 games he is bordering on "elite" status. If he keeps playing this well, and the Bills can avoid injuries, then the Bills will be a contender at the end of the year. No doubt about it.

That beat down they laid down against the Dolphins was picture perfect one sided team domination. So far, Tyrod Taylor has played like a legit above average "dual threat" NFL quarterback. Can you imagine how high his ceiling could be if he keeps improving even a little bit from here. We could be witnessing the very beginning of a really nice era of Buffalo Bills football. Hell yeah.

Dude.... I got in some big trouble insulting Ryan Fitzpatrick on this board... And caught just as much heat defending Russell Wilson... The fact that I question Tyrod's brain power has nothing to do with race. -At all... I swear.

This was a ridiculous statement by Ozzy.

I recall many on here dogging out EJ and Thaddeus and not once saw the race card pulled. We are equal opportunity QB annihilators here.

Still too much hesitation.... A couple very bad overthrows... Very nice dime to Hogan, but T-pain is still just a talented placeholder to me... Bring on Chad Kelly! Whoo Hoo!

LOL!

I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt...but this post tells me all I need to know. Firing up the 'manage ignore prefs' function...