Taylor Review

Thurmal34

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a fan of course I am supporting him, but being objective I have little faith he turns it around. A bad loss next week makes us 1 - 2, 0 & 2 in the division, in a hole already, and looking at "must win" games early in the season. I hate to say the name because of the poor character reference (an aspect which Im in no way attributing to TT), but on the field I see nothing he gives us that Geno Smith wouldn't. My concern is it gets worse and worse, and we see Geno-like melt downs. Guy carries himself a lot better off the field, so maybe theres hope. And I sure would love for him to prove me wrong

well if he doesn't pan out there are QBs in this draft

He looked confused at times and made some poor decisions, but he did way more good than bad. Not a surprise for a QB with limited experience playing against Belichick.

He made some excellent throws late in the game to keep us in it. If our D makes a stop with 3 minutes to go, we have a chance to win the game. Can't ask for more from the kid.

those two interceptions were awesome. Especially the one during the last drive, that was basically a carbon-copy of his earlier interception where he threw the ball too high, it deflected off the WR and into the defender's hands. TT is a backup, nothing more. He makes some great plays, but did NOTHING when the Pats were stacking the box and daring him to pass. When the Pats relaxed their D, he moved the ball, until it got tight again.

The Bills didn't lose because Tyrod didn't play well. He had his mistakes but the Bills scored plenty enough points to win.

The Bills lost because they are supposed to have this great defense yet Brady came in and torched them for 500 yards anyways.

this is true, but TT going 3 and out continually is not a recipe for having the defense play well. But really, where the F was the d-line and blitzes??? I thought I was watching a Dave Wandstead D.

those two interceptions were awesome. Especially the one during the last drive, that was basically a carbon-copy of his earlier interception where he threw the ball too high, it deflected off the WR and into the defender's hands. TT is a backup, nothing more. He makes some great plays, but did NOTHING when the Pats were stacking the box and daring him to pass. When the Pats relaxed their D, he moved the ball, until it got tight again.

I don't think those 2 INTs are on Tyrod besides in stats. Those were both catchable balls. If you're looking for individual blame, that is way more on the receivers. Really though I think it's more of an offensive rhythm thing which will improve. It's week 2.

I have always wondered what the definition of "garbage time" is. If you win, obviously it's a crazy good comeback? Operationally defined, it seems that garbage time is a big comeback that falls short?

While there is no strict definition, " garbage time" is usu thought of as a sudden period of offensive effectiveness after the opponent seemingly has a game well in hand. The thinking is that the Defense has " backed off" in something of a prevent mode and is susceptible to passes in the middle of the field or underneath that will keep the clock running. This can backfire, esp like today when a coach like BB absolutely refuses to run the ball or goes for it on 4th down from midfield. Even if the Bills had won, I think the talk would have been more of how Belichick blew it rather than TT being the next Montana.

I don't think those 2 INTs are on Tyrod besides in stats. Those were both catchable balls. If you're looking for individual blame, that is way more on the receivers. Really though I think it's more of an offensive rhythm thing which will improve. It's week 2.

WE'll have to disagree on those. Tyrod totally missed the WR in the first INT, and the second was closer, but still way off target. Can't be throwing off target like that.

While there is no strict definition, " garbage time" is usu thought of as a sudden period of offensive effectiveness after the opponent seemingly has a game well in hand. The thinking is that the Defense has " backed off" in something of a prevent mode and is susceptible to passes in the middle of the field or underneath that will keep the clock running. This can backfire, esp like today when a coach like BB absolutely refuses to run the ball or goes for it on 4th down from midfield. Even if the Bills had won, I think the talk would have been more of how Belichick blew it rather than TT being the next Montana.

I agree. BB going for it was total stupidity, that I hope a team that can beat them makes him pay for eventually.

Ty rod had his moments today, but both those passes were poor reads and sailed throws. Catchable in a sense, but not likely to be caught. Much more likely to be INTs, though the last one was a pretty great tip drill by the DB. If SW hadn't tipped the pass , it appeared destined to be intercepted further downfield. Just a bad throw. The first one was kind of desperate and almost a punt as it was end of half.

@SalSports

My Bills/Pats review: Arrow Up, Arrow Down, and The Big Picture: http://www.wgr550.com/Sal-s-Monday-Review-Arrow-Up-Arrow-Down/21983282

Tyrod Taylor’s decision-making

Taylor wasn’t the same decisive, quick decision-maker Sunday that we saw in the preseason, or even in week one against the Indianapolis Colts. He often took too long to get rid of the ball, then having to twist and turn away from Patriots defenders, if he could even escape at all. Taylor also made the wrong decision on a few plays he could have ran but decided to throw it. Maybe he’s still trying to prove he can be a true passing QB in the NFL? Maybe he was just trying to make a big play? Several times there seemed to be quite a bit of real estate in front of Taylor, but he decided to throw while on the run instead. And that’s not easy to do, evidenced by his second interception - an overthrow intended for Sammy Watkins that sailed high over the receivers head when Taylor tried to make a throw on the run, even though there was still room to tuck it and go for more himself.

Did anyone not believe that there would be growing pains with a QB who never started a game before? TT has the potential to be a very good QB but it will take some time. That was the thought process behind staring him, that the defense would keep us in every game while he improved. It didn't work yesterday but look at the schedule, we have a very good chance to be 5-2 going into the bye week. That said, I think that EJ should be the backup and Cassell not dressing. We have to have a mobile QB with our O-line.

Taylor actually looked better then any QB the Bills have had since Flutie.

Complete and utter nonsense. EJ Manuel looked much better in his first two starts as a rookie than the five year veteran Taylor. Look it up.

Taylor played horrible and only got "hot" because the pressure was off when the game got out of control (i.e. garbage time).

It's stupid to go through a full season's worth of growing pains with Taylor when Manuel has the prototype NFL size, the NFL style of playing QB in the pocket and has already been through his growing pains. It's going to get real ugly around here for Rex if he continues to not activate Manuel.

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, if so please delete.

Our starting QB sucked today. He was slow to get the ball out, he was poor with his decision making, and he was unable to decide what to do quickly.

Major fail from Taylor and the OL. Glenn got soundly beaten by Jones. If your QB can't make up his mind and your OL can't protect you are out of the conversation. We deserve any ridicule we get. IdiotS.

sorry late to the thread. Not going to read all 10 pages.

TT did some good things but he did a bunch of bad things too. Wanting to throw before being called a scrambling QB is one thing but DO IT when needed!!

2 or 3 times he should have thrown the ball away and once or twice tucned back into a collapsing pocket when he should have ran towards the sideline. granted w/o the all 22 I couldn't see if there were defenders coming at him off camera.

And the INT's were bad throws. The fumbles even worse plays.

TT hero week 1, goat the next.

was it four straight 3 and outs?

Where the F was the deep balls early? The suspect NE backfield was not challenged until it was too late!!!

Deer dont throw 3 tds and run for another.....

but.....this is to be expected from you

But deers do throw 3 ints and take 8 sacks.... last time we saw a qb end the game like that... yeah he was standing on the sideline with no pads on yesterday.

After the first drive, TT was awful, but so was the offensive play calling. The only guy that showed up on offense today was LeShady. But full marks to Tyrod for not quitting in the 4th quarter and bringing the Bills back. Not too down on Tyrod, the Hoodie undressed him a bit today. I blame Roman more, he should have had an offensive answer once TT started getting abused in there.

Karlos ran the rock hard when given the chance too.

No our offensive line sucks

Incognito is playing well. And Miller will be fine. Other than that... most know my stance on Wood. And I am completely agaimst throwing Glenn top LT money.

He looked confused at times and made some poor decisions, but he did way more good than bad. Not a surprise for a QB with limited experience playing against Belichick.

He made some excellent throws late in the game to keep us in it. If our D makes a stop with 3 minutes to go, we have a chance to win the game. Can't ask for more from the kid.

They made the stop and tyrod threw an int. Didnt the defense cause 3 or so turnovers? They got beat BAD but they did have a few stops yesterday

Tyrod has the tools to become a quality NFL QB. he needs more coaching, and playing the world chumps***

After his coach talked a bit too much trash during the week. Put him in a tough spot.

it really threw him in the fire,and the hoody was out for blood. Hopefully he learned

Watching Brady carve up a "dominant" defense with ease. two of his INT's were not his fault. The 8 sacks would not all have

Happenend if Whaley had even a clue on how to build a O-line. that line needs improvement. Starting with a center that earns his check. A couple of Tackles will help too. he held the ball too long at times, but in his second start showed poise. his late td to Watkins was spot on target.

he did not lose this game REX & Roman did

Hey Champ - what plays did our QB make in Q1, 2, and 3 to help our team win?

What does Taylor's crappy play have to do with EJ Freaking Manuel?

I BELIEVE he was responding to the poat that claimed that EJ would have played that game much better

Yes you can. His overthrown footballs that resulted in picks were venom to the Bills' chances of winning the game. Take care of the FN football if nothing else.

Wasnt just the high ints. What about the high throws that took away our ability to make a play after the catch.

You could stop after the first 6 words. There is no strict definition People call it "garbage time" when you don't come back enough to win and use the term to diminish any offensive accomplishments after the other team has a solid lead.

If you win, though, well, Hey, then it's a brilliant comeback.

What are you guys smoking?

Tyrod got sacked 8 times today, threw three picks, and struggled moving the the ball at times

HE ALSO THREW FOR 3 TDS AND RAN FOR ANOTHER ONE AND AS BAD AS OUR WHOLE TEAM PLAYED HAD KEPT US ALIVE UNTIL THE VERY END. OH AND TWO OF HIS INTS WERE DEFLECTED BALLS OFF OF HIS WR'S HANDS.

Taylor is by far the best quarterback the Bills have started since Doug Flutie. If you cant recognize that youre a blind moron. He is mature, composed, has a live arm that can make all the throws, he can hit the deep ball, he has awareness inside and outside of the pocket, he is accurate on the run and he has 4.4 speed that can take the top off a defense if they let him get loose.

Are you out of your mind?

After 2 games you seriously are calling any one who isnt ready to anoint this guy a moron. Nothing is clear. At all