Taylor Review

Thurmal34

He really was not good until the 4th quarter today. He had a number of opportunities where he had time to throw and either didn't find any receivers to throw to or throw the ball away. But these things are to be expected from QBs who are only on their 2nd start ever especially when they are asked to go toe-to-toe with one of the best QBs of all time and beat him with a team who has rarely ever beaten said QB. We won't know how good he is until later in the season.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take away his first read, and he doesn't look like an NFL passer. He (and the rest of the offense) padded their stats in the 4th Q when they were down by 24 pts..

Exactly. He sucked today. I'm not saying he's the reason we lost either, but I can't think of many things he did to contribute to the Bills winning.

He was tentative, indecisive, and slow.

How can any of our receiving options be difference makers if our QB isn't one?

Guess I'm following the McCoy Bills

Why do you keep saying difference makers? Jargon and Dilferisms is not good analysis.

I have an idea. Sit back, have a beer, realize it's week 2 and then say 10 Hail Marys penance for freaking out and blaming TT for not being John Elway.

He really was not good until the 4th quarter today. He had a number of opportunities where he had time to throw and either didn't find any receivers to throw to or throw the ball away. But these things are to be expected from QBs who are only on their 2nd start ever especially when they are asked to go toe-to-toe with one of the best QBs of all time and beat him with a team who has rarely ever beaten said QB. We won't know how good he is until later in the season.

Agreed, and said perfectly.

Does this team have that kind of time?

Why do you keep saying difference makers? Jargon and Dilferisms is not good analysis.

I have an idea. Sit back, have a beer, realize it's week 2 and then say 10 Hail Marys penance for freaking out and blaming TT for not being John Elway.

I think that's the issue here.

Looking for a player that can be effective when the game is still up for grabs.

Too much to ask?

Exactly. He sucked today. I'm not saying he's the reason we lost either, but I can't think of many things he did to contribute to the Bills winning.

He was tentative, indecisive, and slow.

You have to give some credit to Belichick and NE's defense because they can make inexperienced QBs look like this. Hopefully he'll learn and grow from this game.

Yes you can. His overthrown footballs that resulted in picks were venom to the Bills' chances of winning the game. Take care of the FN football if nothing else.

What game did you watch? Our friggin D gave up 500 yards passing, and our O-line was horrible. I can think of many reasons we lost this game and poor QB play isn't one of them.

The INT at the end of the half was meaningless. The last INT was high but hit the hands of our star receiver that "catches everything thrown his way". Instead of making a play he volleys the ball up for an easy pick. The first INT was high, off the hands of Clay, up in the air and picked.

How would you like him to "take care of the FN football"?? He certainly could have fumbled more from being sacked EIGHT times.

Guys - when was Taylor effective? When did he lead the offense? Am I off base by being critical, or did he fail when it mattered?

Maybe I'm missing some quality QB play of his when the game was still on the line? Can someone pleas point out effective drives?

Looking for a player that can be effective when the game is still up for grabs.

Too much to ask?

Check Craigslist.

Agreed, and said perfectly.

Does this team have that kind of time?

Ok riddle me this... If TT is not your difference maker superstar after his 2nd career start, who in your eyes fills this unfeasible void?

Edited by jmc12290

Guys - when was Taylor effective? When did he lead the offense? Am I off base by being critical, or did he fail when it mattered?

Maybe I'm missing some quality QB play of his when the game was still on the line? Can someone pleas point out effective drives?

TD to Watkins and Woods. Made it a one score game.

Check the game log. Check the field position NE had in the first half.

Look, it was in the whole team. You can blame anyone you want. All I know is that there was a key division matchup in our building today and our QB was not a difference maker.

What was your expectation going into TC? Going into week 2? Expecting a QB to be a difference maker against the defending SB champs in his second start seems a bit much to me. Blame the coaching staff all you want; we were out coached on both sides of the ball. Blame the defense for critical mental errors. Blame the o-line for doing a terrible job picking up blitzes. Blame Taylor for some poor decisions, but, to expect him to be a difference maker in his second start is a bit too much to expect IMO.

What game did you watch? Our friggin D gave up 500 yards passing, and our O-line was horrible. I can think of many reasons we lost this game and poor QB play isn't one of them.

The INT at the end of the half was meaningless. The last INT was high but hit the hands of our star receiver that "catches everything thrown his way". Instead of making a play he volleys the ball up for an easy pick. The first INT was high, off the hands of Clay, up in the air and picked.

How would you like him to "take care of the FN football"?? He certainly could have fumbled more from being sacked EIGHT times.

His 1st pick on the overthrow to Clay gave the Pats a short field and led directly to a TD that gave Pats a 21-7 lead. What game did you watch?