Goodwin a concern.

BmarvB

I personally don't even know why he was kept on the team other than his speed. Pretty sure Harvin has speed too and he can actually catch a ball without hurting himself. As a guy who is his size and build he needs to learn that if you aren't running free on a go route you need to give yourself up and go down and not try to run all over the field.

I think it's one of those issues where it's hard for a coach to let someone go strictly because they are "injury prone". How do you know that it hasn't just been bad luck? He's been hit pretty hard on some of those injuries.

Worst thing to do would be to cut him and see him succeed on another team. If a player has talent, you keep him around.

I personally don't even know why he was kept on the team other than his speed. Pretty sure Harvin has speed too and he can actually catch a ball without hurting himself. As a guy who is his size and build he needs to learn that if you aren't running free on a go route you need to give yourself up and go down and not try to run all over the field.

Harvin is not injury prone? He has barely practiced!

I think it's one of those issues where it's hard for a coach to let someone go strictly because they are "injury prone". How do you know that it hasn't just been bad luck? He's been hit pretty hard on some of those injuries.

Worst thing to do would be to cut him and see him succeed on another team. If a player has talent, you keep him around.

And Rex just got here, so he hasn't gone through the past injuries to harden his perspective on things.

How many full seasons has Harvin played in his career? Or his first three years?

His first 3 years he played pretty much every game. He missed 3 games in his first 3 years. Goodwin has missed 9 in 2 years.

Ditched the Uncle Rico avatar I see.

Edited by The Wiz

Did Goodwin break or bruise his ribs?

As one very smart guy (retired pediatric neuro-radiologist) told me when my kid had a break, on a scale of 1-10, a bad bruise is like a 5 and a break is like a 6. They can be almost the same thing.

You're a pretty happy fellow, aren't you...

I like how he wished we kept a guy over Goodwin who we waived/injured.

As one very smart guy (retired pediatric neuro-radiologist) told me when my kid had a break, on a scale of 1-10, a bad bruise is like a 5 and a break is like a 6. They can be almost the same thing.

Yup. I (probably) cracked a rib once. Dr. took a look, felt it and the swelling, said he thought it was cracked, but it could just be bruised pretty good, and there wasn't much of a difference from treatment or pain, gave me some strong pain meds, and told me it wasn't worth x-raying to see if it was broken.

Driving to/from the Dr. with that rib was one of the most painful things I've ever done. I could barely suffer through it. I thought Every single little bump, and having to move left or right to look in a mirror, was going to kill me.

He DID give himself up, he went to the ground and the Zebras ignored a blatant late hit on him.

He's small, he's (pretty much always) hurt, he's hardly a great receiver by any stretch of the imagination.

He's maybe a notch above TJ Graham and that's pretty much it.

Lots of guys are fast.

A notch above TJ Graham? If there are only two notches on your scale, then I agree. Edited by DC Greg

He's small, he's (pretty much always) hurt, he's hardly a great receiver by any stretch of the imagination.

He's maybe a notch above TJ Graham and that's pretty much it.

Lots of guys are fast.

Disagree. In the preseason games, dude showed potential of catching the medium stuff also. he can catch and he can run - which is one more than TJ ever did. Goodwin's only issue is his durability.

Yeah, his love for comic books is a bit troubling:

M_Night_Shyamalan_37757.jpg

One of the most underappreciated movies ever.

I mean, his ribs are broken. I don't see how that can be put on him, or what you expect him to be doing about it.

well, he should do something darnit all !

he just is not meeting expectations.

ask Saint Doug why he made him a healthy scratch?

Or on the other hand you could ask Sanjay Lal why he loves the Kid, and then, why he is on the roster?

Yup. I (probably) cracked a rib once. Dr. took a look, felt it and the swelling, said he thought it was cracked, but it could just be bruised pretty good, and there wasn't much of a difference from treatment or pain, gave me some strong pain meds, and told me it wasn't worth x-raying to see if it was broken.

Driving to/from the Dr. with that rib was one of the most painful things I've ever done. I could barely suffer through it. I thought Every single little bump, and having to move left or right to look in a mirror, was going to kill me.

I've never had a rib injury like that, but I know several who have. BRUTALLY PAINFUL. I hope YOU, of all people, give Sammy due credit for playing through it as he did last year. Hope we get to see what he can do healthy and with decent QB play.