Bills cuts - round 2

YoloinOhio

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with that. I've been F5'n Sportrac all morning and there's bupkis....

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/transactions/offensive-line/

Remember early last year when David Yankey and Cyril Richardson were thought to be likely two top guards off the draft board, then they dropped to the 5th round...and within a year, both released around the same time (next to each other in that link). What a diff'rence...

Remember early last year when David Yankey and Cyril Richardson were thought to be likely two top guards off the draft board, then they dropped to the 5th round...and within a year, both released around the same time (next to each other in that link). What a diff'rence...

I saw the Yankey cut and tried to find some background. Apparently he was really bad this preseason. So probably not much interest other than going on the MIN PS...

Very nice.

But seriously, how did O'Leary survive?

The guy filling the dareus (and possibly Leo) slot should be young. You don't pay a vet a full year salary for one game when he might not even dress. Oleary could be the guy that gets the benefit.

The guy filling the dareus (and possibly Leo) slot should be young. You don't pay a vet a full year salary for one game when he might not even dress. Oleary could be the guy that gets the benefit.

This is a good point. I hadn't thought about that.

Shady must be really healed ?? Playing possum a few weeks ?

Like I said before, with Whaley saying they released Fred "for competitive reasons" (among other things), I think McCoy's been healthy for at least that long.

Kind of funny as the one thing almost everyone on this site agreed on is that we'd never carry 5 TE and 7 WR.

I have been of the mind we were keeping 7 receivers for at least a couple of weeks. It is basically 5 plus two half receivers who are ST studs.

5 TEs with O'Leary making the team is a major shock even knowing that Roman loves his TEs.

My guess is they sign Ponder as QB3.

For the other open spot, they either sign someone and cut O'Leary (for PS) when Dareus returns, or don't sign anyone and stay with this roster, ignoring the open slot week 1 rather than guarantee another salary for the year. Is that unusual?

I'm thinking the ground and pound has been way over stated. We are going to see more airing it out than people previously thought.

Spread them out and create space instead of bunching them up. Can still run a lot. Our edge guys are what's special, not our blockers.

I'm thinking the ground and pound has been way over stated. We are going to see more airing it out than people previously thought.

I wasn't overstated 5 months ago. The trouble? 5 months have passed, and much has changed. Some posters/media seem incapable of processing that information. The other problem: people think Roman is a great OC, yet, somehow, also think he is incapable of running every offense there is/was/will be, at the same time. :blink: Does anyone really think Roman couldn't run the K-Gun if he wanted?

It's like telling a DB designer he can only work in Oracle, because he's used it more often than MySQL or Mongodb. Ridiculous. A good DB designer is good because he's good at DB design, period. Just like you don't blame your tools for bad work, you don't credit them for good work.

This roster screams spread O, even West Coast looks. We'll run Karlos up the middle to be sure, but the thinking that this O would be a running monolith was never right, and I've been saying it since Roman arrived.

I wasn't overstated 5 months ago. The trouble? 5 months have passed, and much has changed. Some posters/media seem incapable of processing that information. The other problem: people think Roman is a great OC, yet, somehow, also think he is incapable of running every offense there is/was/will be, at the same time. :blink: Does anyone really think Roman couldn't run the K-Gun if he wanted?

It's like telling a DB designer he can only work in Oracle, because he's used it more often than MySQL or Mongodb. Ridiculous. A good DB designer is good because he's good at DB design, period. Just like you don't blame your tools for bad work, you don't credit them for good work.

This roster screams spread O, even West Coast looks. We'll run Karlos up the middle to be sure, but the thinking that this O would be a running monolith was never right, and I've been saying it since Roman arrived.

True

So it looks like the Bills cut Fred for Bryce gdamn Brown (Hitler called it). And how is Nick O'Leary still on this team? Hogan and 'quise still here, Deonte and Andre cut. Red Bryant gone, yet the Bills still have two open roster spots (??). On the plus side, my boy AJ Tarpley survived, so good for him. Weirdest cutdown I've ever seen from OBD.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

So it looks like the Bills cut Fred for Bryce gdamn Brown (Hitler called it). And how is Nick O'Leary still on this team. Hogan and 'quise still here, Deonte and Andre cut. Red Bryant gone, yet the Bills still have two open roster spots (??). On the plus side, my boy AJ Tarpley survived, so good for him. Weirdest cutdown I've ever seen from OBD.

its likely not the final roster

True

You know when I want to see ground and pound? When we're up by 3 scores against Indy, and it's time to make their D quit on the game. :) That's when I think the Richie the Bully will really shine. Re-watching the games, he hasn't just been solid, he's been a beast. So many times he's done with his man/has nobody to block, and he's gone over and destroyed the guy that Wood/Glenn was handling just fine, seemingly just out of spite. :lol:

I ain't saying we won't pound the rock. I am saying: that's not even close to the only thing we'll be doing.

Specifically, I believe we will see a slew of trick plays. Reverses, flea flickers, end arounds to Harvin from the slot. IMHO, this team is designed to make other teams quit in the 1st quarter: first series a defensive TD, then 3 and out, O does a big trick play for yds/TD, back to the D for a 3 and out, back to the O for a time-killing drive resulting a TD, next, D causes another turnover/big sack. 1st quarter ends with other team asking "What the hell was that?"

So it looks like the Bills cut Fred for Bryce gdamn Brown (Hitler called it). And how is Nick O'Leary still on this team? Hogan and 'quise still here, Deonte and Andre cut. Red Bryant gone, yet the Bills still have two open roster spots (??). On the plus side, my boy AJ Tarpley survived, so good for him. Weirdest cutdown I've ever seen from OBD.

I think it means Dealer Doug isn't finished yet