Bills cuts - round 2

YoloinOhio

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he will get picked up before he gets to the practice squad. Showed pretty good in preseason.

That's why they cut him now; to give him a better chance. Cleveland is a strong bet. He scorched them at practice.

GO BILLS!!!

It's a nice problem to have. We're stacked enough with talent that other teams actually want our castaways.

This.

Giants have a receiver, who if cut, I'd like the Bills to take a look at. Geremy Davis has looked really good. Big kid, strong and pretty fast.

And which of our guys do you want to dispense in order to have that look?

This.

And which of our guys do you want to dispense in order to have that look?

They already will have a hard time deciding which of the current WRs stay. I doubt they will be looking outside.

They probably wouldn't sign him because we have depth. I would just hope that any time a player that could be a potential upgrade hits the market they at least look into it. I'm not even saying bring him in for a tryout, just take a look at his film.

I guess all I'm really saying is he has looked impressive this preseason, moreso than Thompson and Davis IMO.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Wouldn't be shocked if Urbik is cut today.

Rodak put out his roster projection today

Notable cuts:

Urbik

Richardson

Cassel

Under that scenario, who dresses as the backup interior lineman?

Urbik is the backup center, and primary backup at both guard spots.

Unless the plan is to dress Richardson, and move Incognito to center if Wood gets hurt, then this makes no sense.

Unless the plan is to dress Richardson, and move Incognito to center if Wood gets hurt, then this makes no sense.

He has us keeping Freeman as the primary interior backup and Kujo as the primary Tackle backup

they signed a backup center from NYJ, but I would keep urbik as a backup G. He's just not a good center.

He has us keeping Freeman as the primary interior backup and Kujo as the primary Tackle backup

they signed a backup center from NYJ, but I would keep urbik as a backup G. He's just not a good center.

I really hope that Freeman is not the primary interior backup.

Urbik and Richardson did not look good last night

Agreed. The thought of Urbik as our backup center should Wood go down has me :sick: .

But if we cut both Urbik and Richardson, that leaves us with Campbell, Johnson, and Kupper to choose from as backup guards. How have they looked? I lack specifics, but overall backup OL has been tire fire. Urbik may be the best of the bad and keep the NYJ backup C we just signed.

Agreed. The thought of Urbik as our backup center should Wood go down has me :sick: .

But if we cut both Urbik and Richardson, that leaves us with Campbell, Johnson, and Kupper to choose from as backup guards. How have they looked? I lack specifics, but overall backup OL has been tire fire. Urbik may be the best of the bad and keep the NYJ backup C we just signed.

Kupper is terrible. The other two are serviceable at best.

Kujo as primary T backup, check. He clearly took a big step this year and deserves to dress.

Here's Freeman's profile from a Jets Snapshots of the 15 Undrafted Free Agents Posted by Randy Lange on April 29, 2013 – 5:08 pm

Dalton Freeman (6’5″, 285 / Clemson / Pelion, SC) — Freeman joins the NFL ranks after garnering 49 starts in 53 collegiate contests, with the starts, all at center, tying for the most in Clemson history. Besides his great experience, he was a two-time All-ACC first-team selection, a two-time Rimington Trophy finalist, and a 2012 AP All-America second-teamer.

The guy never played a snap at guard in college, never played a game at Guard in the NFL, and Rodak tabs him as our primary backup G? There's a reason these media guys ain't GMs

They already will have a hard time deciding which of the current WRs stay. I doubt they will be looking outside.

SeeBallGetBall is on to something though with this kid. If Davis is let go, I'd like us to take a look at him as well... Who we'd cut, it'd have to be a receiver. I'd rather have him than Hogan and Goodwin probably.

Kujo as primary T backup, check. He clearly took a big step this year and deserves to dress.

Here's Freeman's profile from a Jets Snapshots of the 15 Undrafted Free Agents Posted by Randy Lange on April 29, 2013 – 5:08 pm

Dalton Freeman (6’5″, 285 / Clemson / Pelion, SC) — Freeman joins the NFL ranks after garnering 49 starts in 53 collegiate contests, with the starts, all at center, tying for the most in Clemson history. Besides his great experience, he was a two-time All-ACC first-team selection, a two-time Rimington Trophy finalist, and a 2012 AP All-America second-teamer.

The guy never played a snap at guard in college, never played a game at Guard in the NFL, and Rodak tabs him as our primary backup G? There's a reason these media guys ain't GMs

Yep, I'd keep Urbik at guard in addition to his list. I feel better about 8 OL than 7 anyway.

Richardson and Cockrell were both really bad picks in the draft. Cockrell has already been cut, and I think Richardson is not far behind.

At the time, Richardson looked like a great pick. He was one season removed from a dominant campaign as a Junior OG in Baylor's offense.

I thought he had a chance to be a very good OG if he lost some weight...doesn't look like he did.

Richardson and Cockrell were both really bad picks in the draft. Cockrell has already been cut, and I think Richardson is not far behind.

I beleive they were 4th and 5th round picks respectively. If Cockrell doesn't get picked up for PS, then you're right there. I'm sure they will try to upgrade for Richardson on the waiver wire, but we'll then see if they try to pick him up for PS too. It's way too early to judge them as busts or bad picks...