QB Tyrod Taylor to start Week 1

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As my heart breaks for The Fred move my mind wanders to the offense of TT, Shady McCoy, Karlos "The Punisher" Williams, Jerome Felton, Sammy Watkins, Charles "Big Play" Clay, Robert Woods, and Percy Harvin.....

Well, hello there...

Edited by YoloinOhio

I believe EJ played with a greater sense of production, but he was erratic as he's been since he came to Buffalo. I also think EJ is more of the prototypical QB in terms of physical size which could bode well for him long-term and showed great progression from OTAs to the last game - but TT has been solid, to great at times, and has a live arm. I watched the video of his pre-Draft days and what he did there inspired me to root for him, so now that he'll be "The Man", I'm pulling for him to have an All-Pro type year, Vick 2.0 in terms of production - not necessarily the way Vick accomplished it but ultimately guiding this team to a Super Bowl victory. And given the bad news of FredEx, Taylor is also a type of underdog and essentially overlooked due to sitting behind Flacco, so his success would sort of be similar. Let's hope! Go BILLS!!

Who would you have preferred? I honestly can't believe this is anyone's reaction after this preseason?

EJ, Taylor hasn't impressed me at all. If he would have shown the long ball, and at least produced a TD pass through the air, I would feel better about this decision. Either way, I support the move.

If that's true, it's a good thing because if my Monday started with cutting Fred and starting Cassell, someone was going to get hurt.

Agreed. This is what I've been hearing for the past week, so it isn't a surprise. But is this really official? Have the Bills announced it? Did Glazer site a source? His tweet didn't.

So much for the smokescreen for Indy?

lol, did anyone think this was remotely possible? (edit: not suggesting you did Kelso)

But more importantly, Tyrod was the only choice, he's been consistently good, and is a young guy with a high ceiling. I also wouldn't underestimate his support in the locker room. The guys love him.

Edited by NickelCity

So, there we have it. Deal was struck. Whaley said he'll allow Tyrod starting over EJ if Rex agrees to cut Freddy for Bryce Brown. Seeing that the starting QB is the most important player on the team, Rex begrudgingly agreed to it.

Now, Whaley gets to keep his little pet RB on the roster, Rex gets his starting QB, and they both feel like they won something. Meanwhile, Daddy Pegula is happy to see his children getting along.

I love it. This is going to be an exciting offense.

I also think that the Bills knew it would be impossible to keep the starting QB mum for 11 days, that it was obvious TT should start, and then allowed it to be leaked because of the Fred Jackson release. Not that either decision was made because of PR but after the decision was made the best PR was brought into it.

I love it. This is going to be an exciting offense.

I also think that the Bills knew it would be impossible to keep the starting QB mum for 11 days, that it was obvious TT should start, and then allowed it to be leaked because of the Fred Jackson release. Not that either decision was made because of PR but after the decision was made the best PR was brought into it.

I think that's probably how it went down. But I still don't see anything on the BB.com. Did anyone get a tweet from the Bills on this yet?