EJ Will Start Pittsburgh Game

Um, Taylor lead 2 TD drives in his first 2 series against Carolina.

True, I guess what I meant to say was EJ has the only TD passes/runs in the our preseason games, including the scrimmage. I don't care how we score TD's but still interesting none the less.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is EJ's chance to prove that he should have a roster spot and not a chance to prove he should start. I like EJ, but I don't see him as the starter even if he plays well...

THIS.

It's worth remembering that EJ, Cassel, and Tyrod are going to play in the game with the ONES and the ONES will be playing through the first series of the THIRD QUARTER.

Someone has to start. So they are throwing that bone to EJ, likely to appease the fan base when EJ is named the #3 QB, if he is retained on the roster at all.

All three QBs in question are going to get their snaps in with the ONES, presumably against Pittsburgh's ONES.

He's taking lots of callers because he doesn't know what to say. Last segment had some goofball call in, schoop hung up on him, but Tom got him back and made schoop talk to him. Was definatly a prank call too

Rex said yesterday that all 3 would play. Given his personality he probably put Manuel out there first just to !@#$ with the media :)

They don't have the top 4 or 5 receivers to work with so it's not like they can build much timing with the guys that will actually play vs. the Colts. rex is probably aware of how much crap EJ has taken over the last 10 months, has seen him do and say all the right things, and wants to show him a little support. That might play well in the locker room and if messes with the mental minions of the media, all the better.

THIS.

It's worth remembering that EJ, Cassel, and Tyrod are going to play in the game with the ONES and the ONES will be playing through the first series of the THIRD QUARTER.

Someone has to start. So they are throwing that bone to EJ, likely to appease the fan base when EJ is named the #3 QB, if he is retained on the roster at all.

All three QBs in question are going to get their snaps in with the ONES, presumably against Pittsburgh's ONES.

Which is more likely, Rex is doing this to appease the fan base? Or Rex is doing this to show the team that good play is rewarded and everyone has a chance to be a starter or contributor on this team if you work hard and do the right things and perform in the games?

Nah. Remember, he's just a rational realist. He told us so.

Look at the post I was responding to. I am very rational and very much a realist. If and when EJ Manuel is not named the starter, you will not see me leading an "I told you so!" campaign. I haven't even made a prediction as to who's gonna start. I just got a little irritated after a couple EJ victory lap posts in this thread, that's all. No one knows what this means exactly but my suspicion is not much.

hmm..one of them is mine in Richmond...

You asked for bullet points in my thread, here is yours:

• Butthurt

Carry on. :lol:

Weren't they out for the Cleveland game too? And Tyrod was still able to put some things together. However he couldn't finish his drives, let's see if EJ can bring one home for a TD

I saw one EJ TD live, and watched the other one last game. EJ is the only guy with 2 passing TDs, right?

Too funny, EJ supporters acting giddy like little school girls. :lol:

Yeah, and EJ haters are begging for Tucks pads in between rants.

Blame the tea leaves.

It was obviously a bad batch.

:lol: Tea Leaves! This has a very good chance of being a new TBDism.

People have their reputations and egos at stake. People who took the position that EJ should have never been drafted when the Bills took him (i.e. Joe B) and people who have written him off early because they think they know something and have defended that position relentlessly do NOT want to be wrong.

It's called Choice-Supportive Bias. All new information that contradicts the EJ Bad choice is filtered, marginalized, distorted or ignored completely.

Isn't it funny, earlier this week they were, "it's the coaches doing this, it's the coaches that feel this way"

and now it's, "what the F*** are the coaches doing?!"

:lol:

As I said in my thread I wish we had an irony sound effect here.

Meanwhile...on WGR...it's a book review with Ray Bentley?(I think) :lol: And, now? Talking about college football!

Mike Schopp is asking what happens if Manuel has a good showing, better than the other QB's.

Amazing. They just refuse to accept that it's a 3 QB race.

Good grief Mike...That would be terrible!!! Why in the world would you want the 25 year old QB you drafted in the 1st round just two years ago to challenge the two guys you brought in? That would be a worst case scenario...right?... :lol:

THIS.

This is the nfl, you don't throw bones to guys. If this was a a done deal Taylor would be the one going against Pits first team D. Get over it, EJ is still in the mix and Cassel will look great with his hat on, mouth full of seeds and ear piece.

Edited by BUFFALOTONE

Good grief Mike...That would be terrible!!! Why in the world would you want the 25 year old QB you drafted in the 1st round just two years ago to challenge the two guys you brought in? That would be a worst case scenario...right?... :lol:

He's on a roll. I remember last year was his big rant on how good the bears were and how he couldn't imagine a scenario where the bills could win...

Y'all can debate/spin this any way you like, but no QB on the roster has thrown the ball better in two preseason games than EJ Manuel.

The coaches know that, the players know that, and Rex is a smart man for giving EJ a fair shake by starting him this week.

Not going to debate but I preferred Tyrods timing, field scanning,throws, and overall ball moving more than EJ's

EJ deserves his shot.. but Taylor has been moving the ball the best overall... It will take one heluva knock out performance by EJ IMO.

personally I'm just glad they are all performing above expectations

THIS.

If you truly think any NFL HC would do something like this with the fans in mind...respectfully...you're nuts...

Rex and Roman have been nothing but complimentary towards EJ and his play since they got here...They are doing their due-diligence based on their evaluations of all three QB's...That's all... B-)

The WGR hate on this website has officially spiraled out of control. They've been on the air for almost two hours and now you're slamming them for talking about college football? You do realize it's almost college football season, right? So they named a guy a starter for a f*****g preseason game. How long do you want them to talk about it? You have now put these guys in a position where everything that comes out of their mouths you're going to nitpick at. I haven't listened yet today but I think they're good at what they do. And pretty much everyone I know in Buffalo is cool with them too. Hell of a lot better than the drive time guys out here in Denver.

If you truly think any NFL HC would do something like this with the fans in mind...respectfully...you're nuts...

Rex and Roman have been nothing but complimentary towards EJ and his play since they got here...They are doing their due-diligence based on their evaluations of all three QB's...That's all... B-)

Based on my interpretation of Rex's press conference, this was the plan all along.

Rough quote: "He started the first scrimmage. Then were were looking at the 3rd preseason game. Eventually, EJ earned the start."

This isn't a conspiracy theory. They had a plan in place all along to get these guys equal live action.

Why do people care so much about what local radio personalities have to say? I don't live in Buffalo so I don't listen to the local sports radio - and my life is probably better for it. Just turn it off folks...

It's basically the same as being on here. Everyone now and then you want to hear/watch someone squirm when they are wrong (not that he's wrong but he's ranted for the past few days about EJ having no shot about starting this weekend).

Why do people care so much about what local radio personalities have to say? I don't live in Buffalo so I don't listen to the local sports radio - and my life is probably better for it. Just turn it off folks...

We love the Bills and want some legit coverage of a kind of big deal sort of event

The WGR hate on this website has officially spiraled out of control. They've been on the air for almost two hours and now you're slamming them for talking about college football? You do realize it's almost college football season, right? So they named a guy a starter for a f*****g preseason game. How long do you want them to talk about it? You have now put these guys in a position where everything that comes out of their mouths you're going to nitpick at. I haven't listened yet today but I think they're good at what they do. And pretty much everyone I know in Buffalo is cool with them too. Hell of a lot better than the drive time guys out here in Denver.

It's because if they named someone else the starter they wouldn't be talking about hockey and college football. I'd bet the bank on that much. Especially considering the context of the past two shows they did (mostly about the QB battle).

Edited by The Wiz

I think he Ryan is just showing the team that he has given EJM a fair chance in the preseason.

"Nobody can say that nobody was given a fair shot here" (sic)

He will probably give EJM a couple series, and hopefully EJM rises to the occasion. I think people are reading too much into it (and I am a guy that thinks EJM is the best choice).

He's on a roll. I remember last year was his big rant on how good the bears were and how he couldn't imagine a scenario where the bills could win...

I find it interesting too that it took this decision for him to question Rex for the first time...Up to this point it's been all love...Now, Rex names EJ as the starter of one preseason game and it's time to second guess him...Amazing...

Really...I've felt TT was going to be the guy for a while now...But I've never wavered from the contention that there is no way on earth I would give up on EJ yet...There was simply too much unknown about his first two years...And to top it off I was never a big Marrone guy...So yes, I'm assuming running a run first offense that could not run the ball played in to EJ's problems...I just don't see how anybody, especially anyone who lacks football knowledge like Schopp does, would ever want to decide finally that EJ can't reach his potential...I just don't get that... B-)

Schopp just said it...He does not feel EJ can be a good NFL QB...Period...That's it...