EJ Will Start Pittsburgh Game

Yeah he really gave a crap what people said or thought about him when we signed Harvin and Incognito and IK and kept Kromer. Yeah, right.

People loved those moves. And Pegula kept Kromer.

You aren't familiar with Rex's tenure in NYJ...

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for him. Glad he got the opportunity. It's just a couple plays, but his throws on that last drive were fantastic. The pass on the PI was on the mark and the td to Davis was a thing of beauty IMO. I think Tyrod will be our starter when it's said and done, but I believe EJ has a chance to become a really good #2 or a competent starter.

Playing games with Indy when you need to get a QB ready would be stupid. I really don't think that is a factor at this point, I doubt the Bills would be able to keep it secret, and considering how many games are played with both teams knowing who the QB will be, it seems like people way overthink that aspect.

I think the Bills are trying to figure out what they have in each guy, and that's it.

Exactly. Not to mention playing with the starters in the "dress rehearsal" is a lot about timing in games. Without Sammy and Harvin and Shady and maybe Woods, you're really not going to get that great of timing down anyway.

Somewhat true. But Roman clearly calls different plays for the three different guys depending on what they do well. So if EJ does pretty good in the Steelers game, the Colts will have to prepare for all three rather than just two. EJ plays a lot different game than TT I think.

if EJ were to be named starter for week 1 today, what would the colts be preparing for differently, as opposed to if they thought it a 2 man race between cassell and TT?

So it begs the question. If he kills it does he win the job? Or as I said before He's been the starter for a while and the reps between Cassel and Taylor are for who is the back up. Hmmm . All I know is that those hacks at wgr's heads must be exploding.

if EJ were to be named starter for week 1 today, what would the colts be preparing for differently, as opposed to if they thought it a 2 man race between cassell and TT?

They would have to prepare to catch wildly inaccurate passes and the coaches on the sidelines would have to practice duck and cover technique

People loved those moves. And Pegula kept Kromer.

You aren't familiar with Rex's tenure in NYJ...

Sure I am. And I guarantee that Rex told Pegula what he thought before Pegula made any kind of decision on it.

Rex is NOT going to make any kind of decision based on what Sal or Jeremey or Mike friggin' Schopp think or say. That's ridiculous. He doesn't care. He just does what he wants.

@JeremyWGR: Can't figure how to feel. I don't care who wins the job. Very odd that a start goes to the guy clearly in third place. #KillThePreseason

I haven't been at camp, but in the preseason games I watched (first two), EJ looked the best, but all three have been successful in moving the ball.

Edited by Dorkington

@ChrisTrapasso: General narrative going into #Bills camp was: EJ=horrible, Cassel=experienced but ehh vet. Tyrod=super fun, exciting, never got a chance.

That's weird, I thought the narrative going into camp was is the QB going to be EJ or Cassel while conveniently leaving Tyrod out of the discussion entirely, and it stayed that way for a pretty decent amount of time.

That's weird, I thought the narrative going into camp was is the QB going to be EJ or Cassel while conveniently leaving Tyrod out of the discussion entirely, and it stayed that way for a pretty decent amount of time.

It's times like this I wish I had twitter, just to eff with these guys.

This is a great example of why players will run through walls for Rex. It couldn't be ignored that despite inconsistencies at practice EJ was the QB who produced TDs through the air in his two preseason stints. EJ is well liked in that locker room, and I'm almost certain there are players who feel Marrone sabotaged him.

I don't know if he still has a realistic chance to win the job but I'm very happy for EJ that he gets this chance.