EJ Will Start Pittsburgh Game

That's probably pretty close. Although I think EJ would probably have to blow the other two away to be named starter. It could be kind of a heavyweight fighter boxing match where you have to clearly beat out the champion to take the title. I think even if EJ does a little better than TT or Cassel they may get the start. But we just don't know what Rex Roman is thinking.

Similar to how O'Brien handled it on Hard Knocks, I think that whoever starts week 1 will be on a very short leash.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly...Even the guys on WGR admitted as much before this whole pack mentality set in...There is no question that the best case scenario for the Buffalo Bills is to have EJ turn into the Franchise QB they Drafted him to be...Not saying he's anywhere close to that yet...But I can't imagine why any Bills fan would not hope this could be the case...Or at least hope that is the direction this whole ting is headed in eventually... B-)

People have their reputations and egos at stake. People who took the position that EJ should have never been drafted when the Bills took him (i.e. Joe B) and people who have written him off early because they think they know something and have defended that position relentlessly do NOT want to be wrong.

I want to preface this by saying that I would be just fine with Matt Cassel being our starter if the coaches think he is the best...

That being said.. the more I think about this... I think Rex and Whaley are looking to see if Manuel is good enough to keep around as the #2 behind Taylor .. if EJ plays well Saturday .. I wouldn't be surprised if Cassel gets cut for $ reasons.

Yeah that's not happening.

For the QB who has lead the team to the only TD's the team has scored in every game he was played from the scrimmage thur the 1st 2 preseason games EJ still getting a lot of hate is criminal. I dont want to hear " well it was verses 3rd stringers. Well including the scrimmage he has played against and WITH vs 1's 2's and 3's. I hope at this point Taylor wins the job, BUT I am happy EJ is still in consideration based upon the work he has put in 2015.

Yup. I also think no matter who the player is, a starter or two or three or fourth string, they are impressed when other players come up big in games. The fact that EJ made that drive when his career could have almost been on the line, regardless of who it was against, probably impressed the hell out of the entire team. And Rex is playing off that by giving him a shot.

See you actually bother me a little bit. Half this board accuses the other half of the board of being anti-EJ when 85% of those accused of being anti-EJ (myself included) are just realists. Conversely, at least 40% of this board is adamantly anti-Cassel. I suspect that you are rooting against Cassel more than anyone is rooting against EJ. Can't we just all be Bills fans?

Oh, we're to this point in the internet argument already? Gonna start throwing the term "realist" around? :lol::nana:

For the QB who has lead the team to the only TD's the team has scored in every game he was played from the scrimmage thur the 1st 2 preseason games EJ still getting a lot of hate is criminal. I dont want to hear " well it was verses 3rd stringers. Well including the scrimmage he has played against and WITH vs 1's 2's and 3's. I hope at this point Taylor wins the job, BUT I am happy EJ is still in consideration based upon the work he has put in 2015.

Tyrod has led the team to as many TD's as EJ this preseason. Just because he didn't throw them doesn't mean he didn't get them there...

I want to preface this by saying that I would be just fine with Matt Cassel being our starter if the coaches think he is the best...

That being said.. the more I think about this... I think Rex and Whaley are looking to see if Manuel is good enough to keep around as the #2 behind Taylor .. if EJ plays well Saturday .. I wouldn't be surprised if Cassel gets cut for $ reasons.

IDK REX has said it is possible they keep all three.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

See you actually bother me a little bit. Half this board accuses the other half of the board of being anti-EJ when 85% of those accused of being anti-EJ (myself included) are just realists. Conversely, at least 40% of this board is adamantly anti-Cassel. I suspect that you are rooting against Cassel more than anyone is rooting against EJ. Can't we just all be Bills fans?

That's very debatable.

People have their reputations and egos at stake. People who took the position that EJ should have never been drafted when the Bills took him (i.e. Joe B) and people who have written him off early because they think they know something and have defended that position relentlessly do NOT want to be wrong.

See, I just don't get that type of thinking.

EJ was the only QB I had any interest in from the 2013 draft. Even then, I knew he wasn't a terrific prospect. Still, I liked the kid and thought he had a 50/50 shot at becoming a franchise guy.

Coming into this season, I had the odds at about 25%, and lowered them to more like 15% as reports of him falling behind came in...I just don't see why some folks get so married to a position.

This bizarre need to be the ONE who correctly predicted the future is nauseating, both with the media and with people here. Reality check: No one is going to give a sh*t if you called it correctly or not.

See there ya have it. You really believe that EJ appears to be pulling ahead? That's insane if you really think that.

There you have what ? If you thought that EJ was a distant third in the competition because EJ played with the 3rd string offense in the first 2 preseason games, then it is entirely fair to surmise that EJ is ahead by a nose.

Me personally, I would say this nudges his chances from 10% to 15%. What do you think this does for his chances? Do you think it's 33% a piece?

I personally think its most definitely 33% apiece. As many have said, there's no way Rex wastes reps in the 3rd preseason game on a guy that has a 10-15% chance of starting

See, I just don't get that type of thinking.

EJ was the only QB I had any interest in from the 2013 draft. Even then, I knew he wasn't a terrific prospect. Still, I liked the kid and thought he had a 50/50 shot at becoming a franchise guy.

Coming into this season, I had the odds at about 25%, and lowered them to more like 15% as reports of him falling behind came in...I just don't see why some folks get so married to a position.

That's exactly how I saw it and see it except my percentage numbers were a little less for him becoming the franchise guy.

Fair enough...

I just can't imagine being that kind of fan when my team spent a 1st round pick on a guy...Especially a guy with as much class as EJ has exhibited from day #1...And I've been pretty critical of the kids play from time to time...I would just love to see him put it all together and become the QB he's capable of being... B-)