EJ Will Start Pittsburgh Game

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too funny, EJ supporters acting giddy like little school girls. :lol:

Because Rex thinks highly enough of him to put him in a position where if he excels for an hour he is the starting QB like he had been each of the last two seasons? I'm a dubious EJ supporter ready to jump on the TT bandwagon, but this isn't a ploy or giving a fair chance or anything like that.

Rex feels that EJ has a chance to be the starter and his performance Saturday will dictate it, or there is no way he would give him these reps. If you are throwing a fairness bone, it is the game 1 or game 2, or hypothetically even the game 4 and not officially announcing until after that.

You don't give the game 3 starting reps to someone unless you think they have an excellent chance of stepping up.

Incorrect. They said in one sentence, Ryan said. Then in the next sentence, they said, so his time might be limited. The Ryan said part ONLY modifies the part about the all QBs getting time with the ones. CLEARLY, the next sentence is the conclusion of the author, otherwise, BOTH ideas would have been in the same sentence with the "Ryan says."

I haven't read through this thread at all as I was at lunch and was chomping at the bit to get home and get on here but from what I saw, as per usual, Kirby Jackson is a pretty good voice of reason. I'm suspecting that there is a lot of "Ha ha! Take that EJ haters! What are you gonna do now WGR? Told ya so!" I will be the first to admit that this surprises me a little bit but I would be shocked- unless EJ plays better than we've ever seen him play AND Cassel AND Taylor implode- that he has any reasonable shot to start week 1. This move by no means unsubstantiates every last reporter associated with the Bills saying that EJ has looked the third best throughout the entirety of camp. This does not undermine Joe B's or anyone else's reporting as much as you want to think it does. My now famous source said himself that EJ was not part of the equation prior to the Browns game. That being said, let's see what he does with the opportunity. Go Bills!

It kinda does. When they have been saying he isnt even in the running. When they give him a 7% chance, over the other two at 50% and 43%. etc.

It does undermine those reports.

Too funny, EJ supporters acting giddy like little school girls. :lol:

As funny as people like yourself claiming some kind of victory when reports were than EJ was no longer in the competition?

Nope, both are actually quite juvenile.

As I said from the beginning: each QB (including Simms) starts a preseason game.

Though I do have to admit: the fact that this is probably bothering you is indeed funny.

Because Rex thinks highly enough of him to put him in a position where if he excels for an hour he is the starting QB like he had been each of the last two seasons? I'm a dubious EJ supporter ready to jump on the TT bandwagon, but this isn't a ploy or giving a fair chance or anything like that.

Rex feels that EJ has a chance to be the starter and his performance Saturday will dictate it, or there is no way he would give him these reps. If you are throwing a fairness bone, it is the game 1 or game 2, or hypothetically even the game 4 and not officially announcing until after that.

You don't give the game 3 starting reps to someone unless you think they have an excellent chance of stepping up.

It's amazing that this is so hard for so many to comprehend.

It kinda does. When they have been saying he isnt even in the running. When they give him a 7% chance, over the other two at 50% and 43%. etc.

It does undermine those reports.

Me personally, I would say this nudges his chances from 10% to 15%. What do you think this does for his chances? Do you think it's 33% a piece?

Me personally, I would say this nudges his chances from 10% to 15%. What do you think this does for his chances? Do you think it's 33% a piece?

No, I mentioned earlier I wouldve put it at 50/30/20, Cassel/TT/EJ. As of today, I might change that to 40/35/25.

edit: changed my numbers because math

Edited by DrDareustein

You gonna cry ? I've spent weeks laughing at all the anti ej nonsense.

It's heeeeeelarious. Team ABC BTW FWIW

Why would I cry? You guys are taking this way too seriously. I can't even imagine what's gonna happen on this board when they name the actual starter. This means way less than you think it does.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

This is a red letter day for the EJ Dreamers.

Yet another totally pointless and stupid post.

EJ is still in the competition (just like the other two guys), or he wouldn't be getting this chance.

Why anyone is so incredibly invested in any one of these 3 guys starting (or not starting as the case is with a few posters) is beyond me.

Can't fans just watch this play out without being numskulls?

Yet another totally pointless and stupid post.

EJ is still in the competition (just like the other two guys), or he wouldn't be getting this chance.

Why anyone is so incredibly invested in any one of these 3 guys starting (or not starting as the case is with a few posters) is beyond me.

Can't fans just watch this play out without being numskulls?

The desire to be "right" and gain internet message board credibility.