pbanach

Watkins

Woods

Harvin

Hogan

Thompson

Thigpen - For special teams

Davis Practice Squad

Goodwin - Gone hopefully, the guy is just hurt way too much.. I like his speed, but that's about it..

Easely - Gone

if hogan, thompson, and thigpen are 4-6 on the depth chart.... i feel like i should make some bold proclamation of something outrageous i would do.... but yea... i would be absolutely shocked.

Agreed, that is one of the more "out there" projections at WR.

Watkins, Woods, Harvin, Easley, Goodwin, Thompson is the way I'm starting to lean. I believe Thigpen and Hogan will be the odd men out.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dez Lewis can go to the PS, Hogan is a cut, Palmer is a cut, Thigpen is a cut, Goodwin should be traded for something healthier and more useful...Davis and Thompson BOTH make my active roster. Man, that would be one solid WR corp!

Edited by #34fan

If someone like Thompson is getting trade interest (I'm sure Hogan is not) I'd trade him for a 5th. You can get a player in the 5th round but I don't like 6 or 7 round picks as undrafted free agents usually fare just as well. The reason is that none of these guys are going to see much time on the field and there isn't a heck of a lot of difference between them. If you can't get a 5th pick I think he brings a little more to the table than Hogan does.

again, why is hogan agreeing to go on IR if healthy? no one has explained that part to me yet, and its kind of an important piece.

Why do you feel going on IR is negotiable? Plus, you receive your salary instead of being cut. Plus, if you're cut you may have to settle for a lesser salary to get picked up.

Why do you feel going on IR is negotiable?

Because it is, for an uninjured player. You give good reasons why a player might accept it. But I'm pretty sure an uninjured player can file a grievance with the NFL if they are put on IR without being injured.

I have yet to be impressed with Hogan's play up to this point and I don't see him being the reliable type, a guy that always catches the ball, no matter what. I see Thompson flashing more ability as a wideout.

Regarding Easley, let's assume Rex's gives Crossman the freedom to pick one guy ST outside of kicker and punter, that guy would undoubtedly be him.

100% :beer:

Just one other argument to why it's an exaggeration to say he's a "lock"-- If Watkins were to injure himself tomorrow, and be out for 8 weeks, would he still be on the team? Of course he would. He's a lock. Can the same be said for Goodwin? I don't think so. Do you?

Just one other argument to why it's an exaggeration to say he's a "lock"-- If Watkins were to injure himself tomorrow, and be out for 8 weeks, would he still be on the team? Of course he would. He's a lock. Can the same be said for Goodwin? I don't think so. Do you?

No, that's why I said unless he gets hurt. If he gets hurt, he's definitely not a lock.

Last year Hogan was Mr. Reliable but from everything i've read, this camp has not been good to or for him !

He looked in pictures that he had been hitting the gym pretty hard & ready to play but the unfortunate ankle injury & then the inconsistent hands didn't endear him to the new coaching staff .

So i guess if they are looking forward, going strictly off this camp then i would say Thompson should be the guy but if you look at Hogans history & how hard he works then he could easily be the guy .

Go figure ?? Your guess is as good as mine ...

No, that's why I said unless he gets hurt. If he gets hurt, he's definitely not a lock.

Hmmm. Maybe we have different definitions of the term lock? What if Watkins were to drop four passes in a row vs. Steelers? Would he still make the 53? I do believe he would. What if Goodwin drops four passes in a row on Saturday? Would he still make the 53? If the answer to that is no, or maybe, or even probably, then he isn't a lock.

Hmmm. Maybe we have different definitions of the term lock? What if Watkins were to drop four passes in a row vs. Steelers? Would he still make the 53? I do believe he would. What if Goodwin drops four passes in a row on Saturday? Would he still make the 53? If the answer to that is no, or maybe, or even probably, then he isn't a lock.

Goodwin is making the team. Better?

I'll accept, "Goodwin is probably making the team," AND NOTHING LESS!!!

:lol: You'll get that over my cold dead body!

(Preferably my body will be cold from exposure to the elements, and dead from alcohol poisoning, after celebrating the Bills winning a home playoff game in January -- a man's gotta' have goals.)

Because it is, for an uninjured player. You give good reasons why a player might accept it. But I'm pretty sure an uninjured player can file a grievance with the NFL if they are put on IR without being injured.

Indeed a player could force his release.

And for a guy like hogan on a 1 year 585k deal facing restricted free agency next year, its hard to believe his current situation would be worse than a UFA opportunity...

if he cant find a team to pay him that, you have to seriously question what we are stashing him for in this scenario.

Edited by NoSaint

There it is again. In Welker's 2 best years he combined for 245 catches and roughly 3,000 yards. In Hogan's career he has 51 for 509 yards. He is VERY reminiscent of Welker in his prime. :wallbash::wallbash:

I know that this will shock some, but I think that it is Hogan for me.

p.s. Every time that someone compares Hogan to Welker they should get their posting privileges revoked. They are NOTHING alike.

Yup very poor comparison. Hogan is average height, strong and athletic and fast, and gains separation with precise route running, welker is small shifty and quick, his burst gains him separation. Aside from the rarity of a Caucasian WR is their motor is always pegged, but different players, completely. One other similarity, both accumulate about 400 yards in their first 3 years of playing.

Indeed a player could force his release.

And for a guy like hogan on a 1 year 585k deal facing restricted free agency next year, its hard to believe his current situation would be worse than a UFA opportunity...

if he cant find a team to pay him that, you have to seriously question what we are stashing him for in this scenario.

He will latch on somewhere. He can play wr, Ian's STs. Coaches like his work ethic and route running. Not a big RAC guy but can fill possession wr back up role.

Goodwin is making the team. Better?

His one asset is elite speed, and elite speed only works when your healthy, which he never is.

Thompson is a fast deep threat too, but with added dimensions and height. He's a better FOOTBALL player than Goodwin.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

He'll be on IR before November

What has his injury history really been in the NFL? A broken hand was his worst injury, and that could have happened to anyone. Then he's had one "hamstring" injury last year that kept him out for an extended period of time -- though many reports speculate he wasn't injured as much as he was suffering from a case of Marrone's disease.

His injury prone label is more myth than fact.