LSJ OL La'el Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

Rotoworld is reporting Collins wants to play tackle, which would make the fish longshots....

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10371/lael-Collins

Thoughts on him playing tackle for Bills? They were already experimenting with sliding Glenn inside - not sure I understood or agreed with that one, but could Henderson slide into a guard spot?

He could play RT.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two kids go to public school in Miami (the Palmetto schools in Pinecrest). Both my kids are in the gifted program, which is tremendous. I cannot imagine paying for a better education. I have nothing against private schools (I went to Nichols), but I have to tell you that there are some pretty darn good public schools in Miami. I also have to say that the current superintendent of the Miami-Dade public school system (Alberto Carvalho) is outstanding.

That is not to say that all public schools in Miami are great. Indeed, there are some schools that I would never send my kids to, but there also are some schools in Buffalo and Erie County that I would never want my kids to attend.

Just my two cents.

I think some people get so caught up in the 'please love buffalo' thing that they fail to realize there are more than a few other nice places to live in this country. Good schools, safe neighborhoods and you get to see the sun more than occasionally.

Maybe just me but I think it is too early to write off Cyrus K also. The battle of the guards will be quite nice, methinks.

I thought they moved him to tackle already :bag:

but regardless , there is going to be a battle of the guards

I think some people get so caught up in the 'please love buffalo' thing that they fail to realize there are more than a few other nice places to live in this country. Good schools, safe neighborhoods and you get to see the sun more than occasionally.

does that really matter for a kid who is looking to play and make his dime?

we are lucky that some players have decided to settle down here and become part of the community.

if i have a milllion bucks i can send my kid to any school i want.

non issue even at 485 thousand. no issue.

will i play? will we win? will I get the chance to excel

we are lucky that some players have decided to settle down here and become part of the community.

You make $40 K a month, your kids can go to private school, no doubt.

This reads like a Stevie Johnson tweet after dropping a TD pass against Pittsburgh.

lol. thx tho

"Implicated?"

that-word-inigo-montoya-word-think-means

yeah, i meant he "was suggested as to be involved" in her murder. Implicated has a quite similar definition, and I can see where i got you confused.

Edited by Uffalo Ills

lol. thx tho

yeah, i meant he "was suggested as to be involved" in her murder. Implicated has a quite similar definition, but I can see where you got confused.

No, you meant he was questioned. He hasn't been implicated by anything other than speculation.

No, you meant he was questioned. He hasn't been implicated by anything other than speculation.

Yeah, thats what I meant. So what? Implicated means that it is implied that he has had involvement, ergo, there is some suspicion cast around him in Rumor. I personally have no opinion as to whether or not he is suspicious, I'm just saying, it is rumored that he might be.

Rotoworld is reporting Collins wants to play tackle, which would make the fish longshots....

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/10371/lael-Collins

Thoughts on him playing tackle for Bills? They were already experimenting with sliding Glenn inside - not sure I understood or agreed with that one, but could Henderson slide into a guard spot?

I gotta think it would be Glenn sliding inside whereupon he would immediately be great. He played G in college and was very good there. I think he could become an All Pro at the position. I don't think he'll like the idea of getting paid at less than a LT, but, I'm thinking Pegula bucks just may satisfy him.

GO BILLS!!!

Buffalo gets plenty of sun even in winter.

I'm sure it does for some of them. But all things being equal, i bet more players would choose san diego over buffalo.

Buffalo gets plenty of sun even in winter.

either this is sarcasm or you really don't get it.

Edited by klos63

Yeah, thats what I meant. So what? Implicated means that it is implied that he has had involvement, ergo, there is some suspicion cast around him in Rumor. I personally have no opinion as to whether or not he is suspicious, I'm just saying, it is rumored that he might be.

Implication and being involved have similar connotations, but neither apply to Collins' situation with this murder investigation at this point.

I guess we're going to find out if Marv Levy was right when he said that talent without character will not win.

Do you know what Marv Levy meant by "character?"

GO BILLS!!!

Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but the cops would say this gives Collins motive.

They hadn't talked since September. You think out of the blue, 8months later he suddenly snapped over a fling being close to giving birth?

Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but the cops would say this gives Collins motive.

Not in this case they wouldn't. They dated briefly and if the child belonged to him he would be on the hook for A LOT in child support. This is not a jilted lover situation. The motive in this case would have been if the child was his. Edited by Kirby Jackson

They hadn't talked since September. You think out of the blue, 8months later he suddenly snapped over a fling being close to giving birth?

It's not impossible but if the baby wasn't even his, they might be digging in the wrong ditch.

Not in this case they wouldn't. They dated briefly and if if the child belong to him he would be on the hook for A LOT in child support. This is not a jilted lover situation. The motive in this case would have been if the child was his.

Exactly, the financial motives all get taken away there.

Do you know what Marv Levy meant by "character?"

GO BILLS!!!

That's not really much of a rebuttal.

Here's the full quote:

"Ability without character will lose. The Bills are going to be a team of high character. That stamp I will push very hard. I hope we can convey that to our fans and project something very special to the rest of the nation."

Also, here's a link to a program and educational brief from a Marv Levy lecture.

Heart of a Hall of Famer Series: Marv Levy - Extreme Networks

Notice the items listed under the learning objectives section. These are what I think Marv meant by character. It sounds to me like he wanted to build a team of players that the community and the nation can be proud of. I'm not sure how proud you can be of wife beaters, bullies and murderers.

If you think you know something different the say what you think it means and back it up with some research. Otherwise, your argument is basically worthless.

Edited by vincec

I watched a murder trial once where the guy was convicted of killing his ex after the child was born and before the paternity test came back, allegedly because he was concerned about having to pay child support.

If I thought like a lot of people do I would assume he's guilty because it fits my narrative.

The results of the paternity test and passing the polygraph don't mean much. The cell phone/tower records mean more as a way to show that he wasn't the one who pulled the trigger. But if he had someone do it for him, that person needs to be caught and confess for anything to happen to Collins.

The results of the paternity test and passing the polygraph don't mean much. The cell phone/tower records mean more as a way to show that he wasn't the one who pulled the trigger. But if he had someone do it for him, that person needs to be caught and confess for anything to happen to Collins.

No known motive now

Passed a lie detector

Proven not in the city

Publicly not a suspect

Met with police and answered every question

And we still had someone saying they suspect him more after the paternity test. It's amazing how some latch onto a narrative once the media nudges towards it

I watched a murder trial once where the guy was convicted of killing his ex after the child was born and before the paternity test came back, allegedly because he was concerned about having to pay child support.

If I thought like a lot of people do I would assume he's guilty because it fits my narrative.

No known motive now

Passed a lie detector

Proven not in the city

Publicly not a suspect

Met with police and answered every question

And we still had someone saying they suspect him more after the paternity test. It's amazing how some latch onto a narrative once the media nudges towards it

I understand that both of you are intimately familiar with the details of the current ongoing police investigation, but for the benefit of the rest of us without this insider knowledge, how about we wait until the results are in before we declare which group of fans have latched onto a narrative and refuse to let go.

I understand that both of you are intimately familiar with the details of the current ongoing police investigation, but for the benefit of the rest of us without this insider knowledge, how about we wait until the results are in before we declare which group of fans have latched onto a narrative and refuse to let go.

That was the point of my post. Sorry if it was too nuanced for you.

I'm pretty sure NoSaint wasn't claiming to know the outcome either, but rather (I assume) was stating that there is no publicly known evidence upon which anyone could responsibly call him a suspect at this point.

Edited by Rob's House

I still think the commish should allow him to enter the supplemental draft if cleared in time.

While I'm really hoping Rex made an impression on Monday night and we get a first round pick for free, I agree with this. They wanted to be moved into the supplemental draft before last Thursday. He wasn't drafted. Police have said he wasn't involved. Roger should snap out of heartless robot mode and understand this is a rare circumstance and help him get his career back on track.

That was the point of my post. Sorry if it was too nuanced for you.

I think my response was above your head. I think that your "nuanced" response is guilty of the same logical fallacy that you are accusing other people of. Perhaps you're too blind to see that.