LSJ OL La'el Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

Actually, if I'm Collins, I don't care so much about the geography as much as who is going to make him look good. he can't renegotiate until 2 years, so he needs to produce a body of work if he wants big money.

So he's likely looking at a place where

A) He's starts, preferably at Tackle, which pays better. The Phins already have Albert and James as starters, which will be hard to crack. Maybe he beats Turner at Guard. Maybe. With the Bills, he has a crack at RT, if not is an instant starter at Guard with a chance to kick outside with Glenn's contrace coming up.

B) A system that plays to his strength. He's a run blocker. Lamar Miller is not going to any Pro Bowls. The Bills have Shady f'n McCoy, Greg Roman and Kromer. Better coaches, better supporting cast, and a game plan that would showcase him.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people prefer Miami to Buffalo, and since he's from the South, I assume he does too. As for money, the taxes are higher in NYS, but housing costs are significantly less in Buffalo. The money is likely a wash. I suspect that in the end he'll go with the weather. You can bet that the Phins are telling him about having to deal with Incognito too.

I just saw this on Collins' twitter feed:

One play. Three pancakes. Watch #70. If you have trouble finding the number, just look for bodies flying off an LSU blocker!

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/BDA9D050571004979744179449856_1382579988633336845de7f.mp4_kCa6NZwPB32hAVFnhEoQ9ShXeL3TFKYqIdfUTnL2xYqX6hOX6uCa5FoHTESTdD2R.mp4?versionId=_XO40Pep7hMR155W57HdOKNnBFvcAnqV

Man I hope we get him.

Edited by dulles

Regardless of what happens you just have to love the new aggressive bills......

I was thinking the same thing. Thank God Marrone left, Collins would be afraid that he'd get ruined by him. Jauron wouldn't of dared being this aggressive plus Collins isn't a safety.

Speaking of his twitter, he gives A LOT of love to Kelvin Sheppard, Jarvis Landry and Anthony Johnson. I'm sure Kelvin isn't giving him glowing reports of Buffalo. I wish I hadn't browsed that, my outlook immediately went from feeling like we've got a real chance back down to he's going to Miami for sure.

Regardless of how good this guy is, I want the Bills to sign him just to make Rodak look like the big ass that he is.

Regardless of how good this guy is, I want the Bills to sign him just to make Rodak look like the big ass that he is.

Don't worry, he will spin it off somehow as to why it's probably the worst place he could have ended. "LT and RT are set with all-pro's Glenn and Richardson. With the addition of Incognito in the off season he would have to dethrone both Urbik and Pears for a shot at right guard"

Edited by The Wiz

I don't believe you pay State taxes entirely in NYS if you play for the Bills or don't have to pay any States taxes at all if you play in Florida. A lot of it is what State you are playing in that week. Some of these players are filing 8 or 9 State tax returns a year.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2013/09/05/tax-decisions-by-nfl-players-can-save-a-fortune/

http://dontmesswithtaxes.typepad.com/dont_mess_with_taxes/2013/09/state-taxes-take-a-toll-on-nfl-players-income.html

I don't believe you pay State taxes entirely in NYS if you play for the Bills or don't have to pay any States taxes at all if you play in Florida. A lot of it is what State you are playing in that week. Some of these players are filing 8 or 9 State tax returns a year.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2013/09/05/tax-decisions-by-nfl-players-can-save-a-fortune/

http://dontmesswithtaxes.typepad.com/dont_mess_with_taxes/2013/09/state-taxes-take-a-toll-on-nfl-players-income.html

That is correct.

I'd love to see Mario, Kyle and Shady take a trip. They have star power, Shady can speak to why he came here and what it is like under the Pegulas and Rex.

As long as he's cleared, this would be the final piece to this year. Whaley will ahve given us a very talented team and talented coaches. Catain obvious response to QB is a moot point as there were no good options this year.

Next year if we do well we put a package together to trade up in the draft for a stud and retain our folks.

Speaking of his twitter, he gives A LOT of love to Kelvin Sheppard, Jarvis Landry and Anthony Johnson. I'm sure Kelvin isn't giving him glowing reports of Buffalo. I wish I hadn't browsed that, my outlook immediately went from feeling like we've got a real chance back down to he's going to Miami for sure.

That was a different coach and different owner. This is a new Bills organization.

I'd love to see Mario, Kyle and Shady take a trip. They have star power, Shady can speak to why he came here and what it is like under the Pegulas and Rex.

As long as he's cleared, this would be the final piece to this year. Whaley will ahve given us a very talented team and talented coaches. Catain obvious response to QB is a moot point as there were no good options this year.

Next year if we do well we put a package together to trade up in the draft for a stud and retain our folks.

Why would Collins care that Chip Kelly didn't want him any more and traded him away?