LSJ OL La'el Collins has a meeting scheduled with the Bills

Yolo posted this in the UDFA thread.

@pdomo: NFL exec told me UDFA money got out of hand after the draft. There's an $86,000 cap on FA signing bonus money, but teams were. . .

@pdomo: . . . getting around the limit by splitting signing bonus and Paragraph 5 (base salary) guarantees. There's no limit on Paragraph 5 money.

Oh, thanks for that

CBF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yolo posted this in the UDFA thread.

@pdomo: NFL exec told me UDFA money got out of hand after the draft. There's an $86,000 cap on FA signing bonus money, but teams were. . .

@pdomo: . . . getting around the limit by splitting signing bonus and Paragraph 5 (base salary) guarantees. There's no limit on Paragraph 5 money.

but thats just guaranteed portions of the 480k (or whatever the league minimum) salary, right? so if a guy is cut he still gets the cash. for a guy thats a 50-50 shot to be stocking groceries thats a huge deal.

for lael id assume every team pretty much guarantees his deal. even if he flames out we are talking less than a signing bonus where he wouldve gone.

Edited by NoSaint

where are our boosters.... i swear, even college fans can figure this out but you guys in buffalo dont have a network? hammer -- do you need a new "sponsor"

no kidding I'm sure les Miles can provide some tips on how to get the kid some cash... Just kidding LSU fans before you get mad.. Edited by YoloinOhio

Right it is nearly 2pm local time here in the UK. I am about to disappear into 2 hours of meetings at work. I expect to return to updates TBD.... lots of updates. What has he had for breakfast? Where? With who?

hes at Perkins with Joe Philbin eating corn flakes (generic brand) and skim milk. With low sodium tomato juice.

where are our boosters.... i swear, even college fans can figure this out but you guys in buffalo dont have a network? hammer -- do you need a new "sponsor"

I hear El Pegual Desportes y Entretenimiento needs a new sponser...

I love the #Trollhak tag. Let's make it a thing.

I actually feel better about this than I do about Incognito. I'm a believer in innocent until proven guilty, and from what I can tell the police have already taken a look and he's completely cooperated.

With Incognito, we knew he was a scumbag from the moment we signed him, even if he's not been convicted of a felony yet.

It looks like the official meetings with the Bills and Dolphins are today. With Rex sneaking in for a private dinner the night before, and then going to Philbin after that...with the rookie wage scale for UDFAs capping money, it's going to come down to pitch. And, as people have mentioned, if he wants big money he wants to start right away and shine. Rex, Roman and Kromer sound a lot better than Philbin and...did Kelly try to use Kelvin Sheppard as part of a pitch?

If the Bills were to land Collins, what will the starting lineup look like?

Glenn-Miller-Wood-Incognito-Collins

Glenn-Collins-Wood-Incognito-Henderson

Henderson-Glenn-Wood-Incognito-Collins

id assume one of the first two, as im not a believer that any team that wants to keep a LT will kick a proven one to guard

though i will say that we should not 100% assume incognito is still what he once was (which was good, not great). after a lot of time off you might even see someone knock him off if we bring in the right talent (miller and collins at guard?).

Edited by NoSaint

If I'm the nflpa, I'm pushing for this scenario for all the rookies instead of a draft. Teams have their rookie pool money and they go out and sign who they want.

It would completely destroy the league, which is why it will never happen

Is the meeting with the Dolphins in Miami? Then the Bills have a "sanctioned" meeting afterwards? If so they can wine and dine him at the Pegula compound and yacht when it is their turn.

Edited by stevewin

Is the meeting with the Dolphins in Miami? Then the Bills have a "sanctioned" meeting afterwards? If so they can wine and dine him at the Pegula compound and yacht when it is their turn.

if there is a way to make that happen, you know it will.

If the Bills were to land Collins, what will the starting lineup look like?

Glenn-Miller-Wood-Incognito-Collins

Glenn-Collins-Wood-Incognito-Henderson

Henderson-Glenn-Wood-Incognito-Collins

Rex wants Collins as a guard.

i assume the bulk will be in baton rouge, for the ease of the player and agent. if hes serious with a few teams, he may do some visits.... but hes likely visited quite a few teams already. which may be a "con" for us, as i doubt we had him in given his slotting.

Edited by NoSaint

Rex wants Collins as a guard.

Is this confirmed? Because It seems like miami wants the same thing and since the Bills have at least publically said all spots on the line are open for competition I think they could have an edge of they told him he had a chance at the starting LT or RT job . Doesn't mean he unseats Cordy or Seantrel by the time the season starts but at least keep it open. I think in Miami for instance Branden Albert is locked into that LT spot. Edited by YoloinOhio

Is this confirmed? Because It seems like miami wants the sane thing and since the Bills have at least publically said all spots on the line are open for competition I think they could have an edge of they told him he had a chance at the starting LT or RT job .

if he looks like a probowl tackle, no team is going to make that off limits. i think you are hanging to much on press conference fodder.