Best road trip this season to see Bills?

Thinking about going to an away game this year and haven't been to any of the stadiums on our schedule yet. Outside of London, any recommendations for stadium/visitor fan experience for the following -

MetLife

Miami SunLife

Foxboro

Arrowhead

Philly

Washington

Tennessee

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about going to an away game this year and haven't been to any of the stadiums on our schedule yet. Outside of London, any recommendations for stadium/visitor fan experience for the following -

MetLife

Miami SunLife

Foxboro

Arrowhead

Philly

Washington

Tennessee

London is obviously 1st. I'm hosting my bachelor party in Nashville assuming that it isn't on a holiday weekend. I've never been there but that place is supposed to be a lot of fun (don't know about the game experience).

Foxboro is an awful game experience. There is no atmosphere. Miami is always a lot of fun but as Chandler said it depends on the time of year. Arrowhead is supposed to be a great tailgating environment. MetLife is pretty cool and I've never done the others.

We're doing FedEx, Arrowhead and Lincoln Financial. Maybe a trip to Nashville, too.

Good tailgating in Maryland. KC will be wild. Philly will be Philly, meaning brutal. Cannot wait!

Edited by scribo

1) London - if you can afford it and have time to spend there

2) KC - always hear good things about the place, atmosphere and fans

C) Tennessee - A chance to see Music City would be nice for me

4) Phili - I need a good excuse to knock a m-f'r out.

I do not care much to see:

Miami - It's Florida. Gross

New England - I just do not want to have to deal with those arrogant pricks after winning a Super Bowl.

Washington - I could do it if it was in and out and the transportation was nailed down 100% but otherwise I have to imagine it would cost a ton for a very poor quality experience as a fan.

NYJ - I don't like big cities.

Edited by jboyst62

I went to a Bills @ Jets game 2 seasons ago...my only complaint is that MetLife stadium is a hassle to get to and NYC is a zoo to begin with so its not my favorite (ps. Jest fans are the worrrrrst)

I went to the Thursday night game @ Miami last season and had a good time mainly because I was in Ft. Lauderdale the whole weekend but the stadium is very close and easy to get from Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. The tailgating is good too, nice big parking lots with palm trees. However, once you get into the stadium it's a different story...I've never seen a more trashy group of people all in one place before in my life (upper bowl at least). Just picture drunk white guys with neck tattoos and a grill wearing a visor.

I live in Boston, I've been to Gillette/Foxboro for a few concerts but never a Bills game simply because the cheapest tickets are ~$200 annnnd its a 30 minute drive to the suburbs and I'd rather be at a Bills Backers bar downtown. Outside of that, the stadium and the surrounding outdoor mall called "Patriot Place" has a lot of good restaurants and bars.

Tennessee...I haven't been to a game but I've been to Nashville twice in the past couple of years and it's a BLAST. The stadium is right downtown and its such a cool city. Great for bachelor parties.

I'll be going to the Philly game this year as my girlfriends father has family there. I have a feeling the fans are going to be worse than Miami or Jests.

I wouldn't go to the "city of brotherly love" if you paid me. It's anything but love at that place. I'm looking to catch a game outside the Ralph this season too. I'm looking at Arrowhead, Tenn. or Miami (in Nov. or Dec.). I live eight miles from Gillette and I have no disire to tailgate with Pats fans even though my friends are Pats fans. I would rather put my balls in a vise and turn slowly until they pop before I go to foxboro.

I wouldn't go to the "city of brotherly love" if you paid me. It's anything but love at that place. I'm looking to catch a game outside the Ralph this season too. I'm looking at Arrowhead, Tenn. or Miami (in Nov. or Dec.). I live eight miles from Gillette and I have no disire to tailgate with Pats fans even though my friends are Pats fans. I would rather put my balls in a vise and turn slowly until they pop before I go to foxboro.

I know that I have told this story on here before but this is probably a good place to tell it again. It is the perfect example of how terrible Pats fans are (especially considering that Boston is a great sports town for the most part). I was at the game in 2004 (the 1st appearance of JP Losman) and it was ugly. There was some good natured trash talk early in the game from the people around me. By the 2nd half they were asking questions like "what a cover 2" meant and the difference between "a false start and offsides." These are people that were season ticket holders!!! Again, the fan base is definitely new compared to others but it was pretty embarrassing. It wasn't 1 or 2 people either. It was like a dozen or so. I spent the majority of the 2nd half teaching them football (and I am no expert). They bought me beers and stuff but it was certainly different.

I went again in Spiller's rookie year (think that was the year and he caught a TD in the game). I was wearing my Andre Reed throwback and some guy in line was talking trash. He goes, "who the hell is Reed anyways." His friend had to inform him that he was a finalist for the HOF. The guy that was talking trash had to be about 30 so it isn't like he wasn't around for his career.

I spent 4 years in Boston for college 1999-2003 and the Pats fans barely existed. They would not even watch the games but would check in to see how they were doing. There are 16 games!! If you cannot carve out 3 hours on a Sunday (as a college student no less) to watch the team that you are "so passionate" about you are not a real fan.

I know that I have told this story on here before but this is probably a good place to tell it again. It is the perfect example of how terrible Pats fans are (especially considering that Boston is a great sports town for the most part). I was at the game in 2004 (the 1st appearance of JP Losman) and it was ugly. There was some good natured trash talk early in the game from the people around me. By the 2nd half they were asking questions like "what a cover 2" meant and the difference between "a false start and offsides." These are people that were season ticket holders!!! Again, the fan base is definitely new compared to others but it was pretty embarrassing. It wasn't 1 or 2 people either. It was like a dozen or so. I spent the majority of the 2nd half teaching them football (and I am no expert). They bought me beers and stuff but it was certainly different.

I went again in Spiller's rookie year (think that was the year and he caught a TD in the game). I was wearing my Andre Reed throwback and some guy in line was talking trash. He goes, "who the hell is Reed anyways." His friend had to inform him that he was a finalist for the HOF. The guy that was talking trash had to be about 30 so it isn't like he wasn't around for his career.

I spent 4 years in Boston for college 1999-2003 and the Pats fans barely existed. They would not even watch the games but would check in to see how they were doing. There are 16 games!! If you cannot carve out 3 hours on a Sunday (as a college student no less) to watch the team that you are "so passionate" about you are not a real fan.

it is amazing how many fake pats fans there are. The closest thing I have experienced to that was in Cincinnati. I have been there on a Sunday while a game was going on and there were tons of people walking around the mall with Bengals jerseys on, not even watching the game. I understand people not being fans but why pretend with the jersey? Then I was at the playoff game where they played SD. It was the first home playoff game they had in a really long time. The weather was rainy and cold and there were tons of empty seats and people giving away tickets at the bars. Giving them away!!! It was probably about 40 degrees. Edited by YoloinOhio

Gotta be place I've never been to and offers more than just the game. Been to Miami and NE for games. Been to London, NYC, Washington, and Philly already.

So it's Nashville, looking forward to the city more than the game. No interest in KC, ever.

I went to Arrowhead two years ago and it was a fantastic environment. The people are friendly, the tailgating is great with lots of parking right beside the stadium and the fans are totally into the game, standing at all times except for some of the commercial breaks. I would go back in a heart beat.

Been to arrowhead twice. It's the best. For my money best tailgaters, fans and gameday experience in the NFL. And I've been to lambeau.

You mean after The Ralph!

Used to live in KC (OP) and went to a few games. Parking is ample, tailgating is good, Easy in and out. Never stayed at hotels near by, but they would be across the highway and not easily accessible. Not the best or worst area of KC. I'd either stay downtown at the Power and Light District if you like to bar hop or at Country Club Plaza if you like to shop. AH is very very loud. The gold level seats are corporate boxes and pretty empty most of the time. The stadium is loud because they want to be known as the loudest and pump in high decibels through the PA system to obnoxiously loud levels. Fans won't bother you as long as your respectful. All in all, my second favorite stadium to visit so far. (Meadowlands, Candlestick(old), Cleveland (new and old), St Louis, Oakland, Soldier Field (before and after) Washington, Three Rivers).

it is amazing how many fake pats fans there are. The closest thing I have experienced to that was in Cincinnati. I have been there on a Sunday while a game was going on and there were tons of people walking around the mall with Bengals jerseys on, not even watching the game. I understand people not being fans but why pretend with the jersey? Then I was at the playoff game where they played SD. It was the first home playoff game they had in a really long time. The weather was rainy and cold and there were tons of empty seats and people giving away tickets at the bars. Giving them away!!! It was probably about 40 degrees.

Ive noticed that almost 99% of the Pats* fans Ive met are between the ages of 20 - 30...when they give me crap I just ask where the fans were 20 years ago...growing up outside of Rochester I had always seen some Cowboys, Steelers and Giants stuff but never have I seen any Pats* hats, shirts, jerseys or jackets or anything till they won the superbowl...craziest thing is they all act as if the Pats* have been on top since the invention of the game...just last week I transfered to a new work location..my new boss looked at my hat and said he was sad for me and I needed to change it..he's a Pats* fan of-course...I just looked at him and said " you scared?"..lol..he just laughed...not knowing him very well I didnt want to get into it to much with him..and yes he's like 30 so he must be a band-wagon fan :)

I'll be going to the Philly game this year as my girlfriends father has family there. I have a feeling the fans are going to be worse than Miami or Jests.

Honestly, all my experiences with Philly fans haven't been as bad as advertised. I remember watching a Sabres vs. Flyers game in a bar and the Flyers fans were shocking civil. They're passionate about their teams but they're better than NY fans IMHO.

Ive noticed that almost 99% of the Pats* fans Ive met are between the ages of 20 - 30...when they give me crap I just ask where the fans were 20 years ago...growing up outside of Rochester I had always seen some Cowboys, Steelers and Giants stuff but never have I seen any Pats* hats, shirts, jerseys or jackets or anything till they won the superbowl...craziest thing is they all act as if the Pats* have been on top since the invention of the game...just last week I transfered to a new work location..my new boss looked at my hat and said he was sad for me and I needed to change it..he's a Pats* fan of-course...I just looked at him and said " you scared?"..lol..he just laughed...not knowing him very well I didnt want to get into it to much with him..and yes he's like 30 so he must be a band-wagon fan :)

If you punched his lights out I would have understood.

I would not have told you rational stuff like "Wow man it's only a game"

Being rational, reasonable, and normal is so yesterday man.

I went to a Bills @ Jets game 2 seasons ago...my only complaint is that MetLife stadium is a hassle to get to and NYC is a zoo to begin with so its not my favorite (ps. Jest fans are the worrrrrst)

I went to the Thursday night game @ Miami last season and had a good time mainly because I was in Ft. Lauderdale the whole weekend but the stadium is very close and easy to get from Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. The tailgating is good too, nice big parking lots with palm trees. However, once you get into the stadium it's a different story...I've never seen a more trashy group of people all in one place before in my life (upper bowl at least). Just picture drunk white guys with neck tattoos and a grill wearing a visor.

I live in Boston, I've been to Gillette/Foxboro for a few concerts but never a Bills game simply because the cheapest tickets are ~$200 annnnd its a 30 minute drive to the suburbs and I'd rather be at a Bills Backers bar downtown. Outside of that, the stadium and the surrounding outdoor mall called "Patriot Place" has a lot of good restaurants and bars.

Tennessee...I haven't been to a game but I've been to Nashville twice in the past couple of years and it's a BLAST. The stadium is right downtown and its such a cool city. Great for bachelor parties.

I will have a large group at the game in Philly . . .

I had a nearly identical experience at the game in Denver last year. I was astounded at the lack of "football talk" around us by Broncos fans. No matter where I've sat in the Ralph over the years, most people have at least a pretty good understanding of the rules and basic strategies.

London, no question. But I live in Nashville and I have to say the Titans stadium is a beautiful, intimate venue. Have enjoyed everything I've seen here. Including a Bills game when they lost and Bud flipped them the Bird.

Plus it's Music City and the probably one of the hottest towns in the country right now.

C

Edited by cale

I had a nearly identical experience at the game in Denver last year. I was astounded at the lack of "football talk" around us by Broncos fans. No matter where I've sat in the Ralph over the years, most people have at least a pretty good understanding of the rules and basic strategies.

wait til we find our brady/manning.... winning brings out a lot of people that like to be part of something cool, more than they like football.

As far as hotels in Nashville, the Hutton on West End is hard to beat. If you want to be smack dab in the heart of downtown and have the budget, the OMNI is just gorgeous. Lower budget options include Holiday Inn, Hampton near Vanderbilt.