Best road trip this season to see Bills?

London would be tops if money and time no object.

We go to the Pats game every year it is not Cristmas Week. Easy to fly into, great city close to airport, train to and from stadium right from downtown. No tailgating, but always have a great time.

DC great city, stadium kinda sucks, fans are used to opposing fans at all sporting events.

Philly great city to party in as well. Game will be rougher from a fan standpoint, I have never been to a Bills game in Philly.

I will be going Philly and Washington as easy drives from Richmond.

Edited by plenzmd1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, all my experiences with Philly fans haven't been as bad as advertised. I remember watching a Sabres vs. Flyers game in a bar and the Flyers fans were shocking civil. They're passionate about their teams but they're better than NY fans IMHO.

I've worked security at a number of venues in the Mid Atlantic area, including in DC and in Philly. The worse fans, by far, are Philly fans. I mean at Redskins/Eagles games in Maryland, at Nationals-Phillies games in DC, at Caps/Flyers games in DC, at a Chargers/Eagles game in SoCal, at Wizard/76ers games in DC, at Eagles/anyone games in Philly, at a Kenny Chesney concert in Philly, etc., etc.

London, of course.

Miami would be as bad in September as it would be nice in December, but that's just a weather thing. Do NOT underestimate how miserably hot an early season game can be!

I was in Nashville last weekend for the first time. Loved it! I WILL be going back for that game, though I have no idea about the game day experience. Stadium just a little east of the heart of downtown. They had about 80,000 people in town for an NRA convention, roads were closed with bands in the street and the place was hopping. Hotels were booked months in advance. First night I was at the Hermitage downtown (awesome!), but had to move to the airport Marriott after that. A little cost averaging wasn't all bad. A good choice, people.

lol I said "road trip" and "outside of London." Unless the game is in majestic London, Ohio I can't get there by car.

But I know it would be the best "trip" in general.

That's what you get for giving us credit for being able to read and comprehend.

Or is it London, Ontario? Oh, no! Not Canada again!

it is amazing how many fake pats fans there are. The closest thing I have experienced to that was in Cincinnati. I have been there on a Sunday while a game was going on and there were tons of people walking around the mall with Bengals jerseys on, not even watching the game. I understand people not being fans but why pretend with the jersey? Then I was at the playoff game where they played SD. It was the first home playoff game they had in a really long time. The weather was rainy and cold and there were tons of empty seats and people giving away tickets at the bars. Giving them away!!! It was probably about 40 degrees.

Miami is similar, if they are not .500 by the mid way point, tickets are very easy to find

As long as the dates aren't on holidays or anything, I am likely in for both Philly and DC. I get to both of those cities often for work. I'll definitely be looking to connect with people for tailgating and seats.

Glad we are playing the NFC east this year - sounds like we will we well represented in DC and Philly!

there is no doubt. I figure all Bills fans between NYC and Raleigh gunna try to make those games. I know I can make both a one day only trip, but will prolly go in Saturday night each place and get someone to drive me home....damn two more more years till the boy hits 16.

BTW, I should add I would go to a Buffalo home game before any away game.

Edited by plenzmd1

London would be tops if money and time no object.

We go to the Pats game every year it is not Cristmas Week. Easy to fly into, great city close to airport, train to and from stadium right from downtown. No tailgating, but always have a great time.

DC great city, stadium kinda sucks, fans are used to opposing fans at all sporting events.

Philly great city to party in as well. Game will be rougher from a fan standpoint, I have never been to a Bills game in Philly.

I will be going Philly and Washington as easy drives from Richmond.

Richmond, ey? That's where I am. Do you ever go to see games at Hurley's? Used to live in Philly and have seen three Bills games there in the Vet and the Linc.....Fans absolutely suck.....really really nasty.

Richmond, ey? That's where I am. Do you ever go to see games at Hurley's? Used to live in Philly and have seen three Bills games there in the Vet and the Linc.....Fans absolutely suck.....really really nasty.

how are they toward ex Eagles players? Think Shady will be intimidated or energized? Edited by YoloinOhio

No, I am a DVR guy at home. Spent plenty of time at Hurleys playing the ponies till Jacobs fugged that all up.

I did Miami last year and I'm now 0-3 there, so going to try something different. My "group" has been doing a big away game trip for the last few years and Nashville is at the top of our list this year. I spend about 3 weeks a year there for work and it's an awesome city.

Cheap flights and or relatively easy drive from Cbus. It has that New Orleans type feel in that you can just walk all over to the bars and also the stadium from the main downtown area. If for some reason it falls on a bad weekend I could see us doing KC or Skins.