Greg Jennings

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wes Welker is available, also. Reggie Wayne, as well.

Hakeem Nicks and Michael Crabtree are available, too. Jerrel Jerrigan & Donnie Avery are out there.

I think one of these guys might be wearing our jersey next year. There is a Vet WR we're bringing in.

edit: Thigpen is still an RGA, also.

I think I'd like him back as soon as we retain Brandon Spikes.

Hakeem Nicks and Michael Crabtree are available, too. Jerrel Jerrigan & Donnie Avery are out there.

I think one of these guys might be wearing our jersey next year. There is a Vet WR we're bringing in.

Nicks may fit the big WR that they are looking for.

Why do we want another vet WR?

Watkins, woods, Harvin, Easley, hogan, all seem to be locks.

Glass or Thigpen maybe for the 6th spot.

Because our GM said he probably wants to add a Vet receiver.

I am not sure that anyone beyond Harvin, Watkins and Woods are locks. This staff has no allegiance to anyone. They did re sign Easley so he may make the team. Rex only carried 5 last year I think. There is an opportunity at the bottom of the depth chart.

I am not sure that anyone beyond Harvin, Watkins and Woods are locks. This staff has no allegiance to anyone. They did re sign Easley so he may make the team. Rex only carried 5 last year I think. There is an opportunity at the bottom of the depth chart.

Not sure you sign a Greg Jennings to be the 6th receiver. I would prefer we keep Thigpen, though I guess Harvin makes him expendable.

Not sure you sign a Greg Jennings to be the 6th receiver. I would prefer we keep Thigpen, though I guess Harvin makes him expendable.

Harvin and Thigpen are both luxuries to the roster. Thigpen adds to the ST units by playing on coverage units - Harvin can't. Goodwin cannot, either. Hogan can.

I have thought about over and it would be completely shocking but not out of this world if Harvin did not even make the team when it comes down to it because the way he will be used.

I'm not advocating for Jennings. I don't think taht he really fills a need. All that I was saying is that they only have 3 guys safe now. They may keep Easley, Hogan, Thigpen, Goodwin or none of them. The coaching staff may have a different plan from the previous group.

I like Jennings who Cassel seemed to work ok with but I'd rather have Wayne and have been mentioning him as a possibility all offseason.

The Bills are not as deep at WR as a lot of ppl think. Watkins, Harvin, and Woods are obvious locks but not much beyond that. Easley is mainly a special teamer, Hogan is ok but nothing more than a 4th or even 5th guy and Goodwin is as good as gone IMO.

Edited by Max997

He wouldnt be your 6, Hed be above whatever's left of hogan/Goodwin/Easley.

I suspect Easley is the only lock and he's hardly shown to be a wr at this point

Not sure Jennings is the guy, but I can see an argument to round out the top 4 with someone reliable.

Harvin and Thigpen are both luxuries to the roster. Thigpen adds to the ST units by playing on coverage units - Harvin can't. Goodwin cannot, either. Hogan can.

I have thought about over and it would be completely shocking but not out of this world if Harvin did not even make the team when it comes down to it because the way he will be used.

he signed a deal with 5.9m guaranteed. He's guaranteed a roster spot.

Edited by NoSaint

Not sure Jennings is the guy, but I can see an argument to round out the top 4 with someone reliable.

We are in an odd situation. If we want a vet WR, he is going to be the 4th guy, at best. I can't think of a single vet who I would sign as the 4th. It would almost have to be a journeyman slot guy, maybe in the mold of a jerrico cotchery.

If Dorial Green-Beckham is there at 50 do they bite? He would be hard to pass up.

I would think that he would be very intriguing to them. Harvin is basically on a 1 year deal and you want a big target. He could certainly be an option.

He also plays a position that you can afford to miss on if that makes sense. If he works out you are absolutely loaded. If he acts like he usually does you at still ok at the position. He is a risk reward guy.

I'd take Welker in a heart beat.

Are they concerned about his concussions?

I'd take Welker in a heart beat.

Are they concerned about his concussions?

To fill what role? He isn't bumping Harvin out of the slot at this point. There really is no place for him. They could use a big bodied guy to win in the red zone but other than that there isn't really room for a WR.

We are in an odd situation. If we want a vet WR, he is going to be the 4th guy, at best. I can't think of a single vet who I would sign as the 4th. It would almost have to be a journeyman slot guy, maybe in the mold of a jerrico cotchery.

Really it comes down to figuring out our base offense.

Wr3/4 will be competing with a FB but not much at te2 with regards to reps. If we are a 3wr TE and RB as our base wr4 will see a ton of reps. But it we lean towards 2 tight ends and a full back we will struggle to get our wrs involved even as is.

Ultimately though- how much pull do you have to get a guy to be Matt cassells 5th or 6th option in a run heacy offense? I'm not holding my breathe on this spot

Nicks may fit the big WR that they are looking for.

I always thought that, too based on something about his appearance on TV... he's not actually that big. He's watkins size.

He is available. Would you sign him cheap?

Nah- I never like WRs who seemed great with great QBs but then disappear with mediocre ones after cashing in on the prior success.

Jones, decker, Jennings, Coleston are but a few...

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

You are apparently thinking too much again; or you're typing stuff to see what reaction you'll get.

I always Mike Williams thing was about Marrone fighting with Whaley. You don't play well with avg QB's for four years, and then just suck in Buffalo.

Under Rex, I bet he would perform. I'm not sure why we are so concerned Witt hese over the hill declining WR, when we need to find a Guard. We could also use another TE in the draft. I'm hopeful we draft in no order here a TE, G, and QB. It won't be the top two QB's but maybe one of the others discussed to develop. Cassel or EJ will start, but finding our version of Derrick Carr who could develop for a year would be great.

You are apparently thinking too much again; or you're typing stuff to see what reaction you'll get.

I suspect Easley is the only lock and he's hardly shown to be a wr at this point

he signed a deal with 5.9m guaranteed. He's guaranteed a roster spot.

It's thinking too much - because I can't see what major contribution he will add to the team.

You are an insane person.

With all due respect, of course.

As the 4th WR?

I know it sounds silly but i value ST a lot. I want a 4th WR who contributes on the coverage units. I worry about our ST this year.

Why? Dixon and Graham and Easley just for starters are pro bowlers or pro bowl caliber. Harvin is an incredible return guy. Carpenter is a great kicker. Schmidt a decent punter. Our backup safeties all are good tough ST guys. Woods plays ST. We are totally fine there.

Larry Dean is still on the roster, and he's never been on a team that didn't have a top 5 ST unit. Fact.

Yeah, he's very good. Have no idea either way if Rex has a good use for a guy like that in his defense. He may. I don't think we have a lot of room for another just ST guy if he doesn't. But Dean is very good at ST too.

They want to get a vet WR who will be a good leader in the meeting room. Otherwise who is the vet the young guys look up to? Harvin? Yikes. The only role left would be a big WR who can go up and get the ball and be a redzone threat. You can say player X is better than player Y but it doesn't matter. Its a very specific role they are looking to fill. It probably won't be a big name guy that's for sure. What big name vet is going to want to come to Buffalo and be a 5th receiver on a team with no QB that already said they were going to be a running team? They will value character and size over all else