London game will be streamed on Yahoo

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think CBS is going to do the heavy lifting for Yahoo, unless they pay for it.

Well, they're going to be paying someone for it either way. I would imagine the challenges would be similar for any game broadcast overseas. I'm not sure who the on air talent will be, but there are tons of people who cover college games, I would think they can find a team without too much trouble (and I'm sure the NFL will be happy to help since this is kind of their pet project as well.)

I just figured it would be the local CBS broadcast streamed through Yahoo, but I'm probably wrong.

This.

It's no different from the DirecTV Sunday Ticket broadcasts. Yahoo got the rights to carry the CBS broadcast.

I don't think CBS is going to do the heavy lifting for Yahoo, unless they pay for it.

They aren't doing it "for Yahoo" - they're doing it for the NFL and the NFL has the rights to rebroadcast it on Yahoo.

Tell me you've never heard this before... ;)

"Any reuse or rebroadcast of this telecast w/o the express written consent of the National Football League is strictly prohibited."

Edited by BobChalmers

Very good question.

This is what is in my email for tickets:

"Ticketmaster aims to dispatch tickets as soon as possible. We are not able to be specific with exact dates of dispatch. Please allow as much time as possible for your tickets to arrive. If your tickets have not arrived five days before the show or, if you are travelling, five days before you leave, please contact us."

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I found a link talking about it.

The early start time is likely a critical part of the NFL’s decision to lend some broadcast rights to Yahoo. The league has deals in place with CBS and FOX that allows them to broadcast Sunday games in 1 PM EST and 4 PM EST slots, but the International Series games, which start early due to the time difference between the US and UK, live outside of that schedule. Therefore, the October 25th matchup will only air on terrestrial TV in Buffalo and Jacksonville; fans outside of those areas will have to head online to view it, which is where Yahoo enters the equation.

http://www.tubefilter.com/2015/06/03/yahoo-nfl-live-stream-london/

This.

It's no different from the DirecTV Sunday Ticket broadcasts. Yahoo got the rights to carry the CBS broadcast.

They aren't doing it "for Yahoo" - they're doing it for the NFL and the NFL has the rights to rebroadcast it on Yahoo.

Tell me you've never heard this before... ;)

"Any reuse or rebroadcast of this telecast w/o the express written consent of the National Football League is strictly prohibited."

While that is true, it doesn't mean that when CBS films a game the NFL can just rebroadcast it wherever and however they want. I'm sure CBS makes sure they are paid and given appropriate credit.

That being said, I hope we do get a professional CBS crew in there instead of some Yahooligans

• 2 months later...

I've been searching for the steps that need to be taken in order to view the Oct 25 game through Yahoo. I've yet to see how we go about it.

It's on-line. I get that part of it.

So, my computer is on....now what?

Do we need to download a specific app, or is there a portal or link through Yahoo's main homepage?

Do we need to create a new log-in, even if we already have a Yahoo login for email, etc.?

Anyone have an idea how good or poor the quality will be? Will there be buffering or bandwidth issues? I assume we could use HDMI, USB, AVG interfaces from laptops to connect to our TVs - correct?

All in all, this whole thing blows. This should have been in Jacksonville - a game I could have easily driven to and bought affordable tickets for. Figures - the Bills would be in the first and only NFL game I won't be able to just enjoy from my comfortable den with DVR/pause/rewind/time delay. And 9:30am??? WTF - bagels and scrambled eggs tailgate at 7am !?!

Anyone have a link to walk us through the protocol so we can watch in real time?

Im late to this thread party and don't want to read 9 pages of posts to get a simple answer...so here is my question:

Will Yahoo streaming online be the only broadcast option to watch this game? I have Sunday Ticket, so has anyone confirmed if I can still watch it on DTV Sunday Ticket, or is the only way to stream it through Yahoo's online browser?

Sorry, Im sure its inside this thread somewhere, just don't want to go through 9 pages to find it, too busy.

Im late to this thread party and don't want to read 9 pages of posts to get a simple answer...so here is my question:

Will Yahoo streaming online be the only broadcast option to watch this game? I have Sunday Ticket, so has anyone confirmed if I can still watch it on DTV Sunday Ticket, or is the only way to stream it through Yahoo's online browser?

Sorry, Im sure its inside this thread somewhere, just don't want to go through 9 pages to find it, too busy.

No Sunday Ticket for this game. Yahoo stream only unless you reside in Buffalo or Jacksonville. The two home markets will get the game via local affiliate.

I have sunday ticket and the Jets vs Phins game was not broadcasted by them.

Thank you guys for the quick response. Follow up question:

Do you guys know if I can install that app on Roku, PSN, Xbox One, or a Smart TV? Trying to find a way to not have to watch the game on my 27" iMac lol. I have all those devices in my living room. I am thinking worst case scenario is I will just open up a browser on my Xbox One or PS4 and go to Yahoos site, but you guys mentioned it was an "app" so not clear if I need to install something or if its just something I can open through a browser.

Appreciate the help guys! GO BILLS!

Thank you guys for the quick response. Follow up question:

Do you guys know if I can install that app on Roku, PSN, Xbox One, or a Smart TV? Trying to find a way to not have to watch the game on my 27" iMac lol. I have all those devices in my living room. I am thinking worst case scenario is I will just open up a browser on my Xbox One or PS4 and go to Yahoos site, but you guys mentioned it was an "app" so not clear if I need to install something or if its just something I can open through a browser.

Appreciate the help guys! GO BILLS!

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/177210-london-game-will-be-streamed-on-yahoo/?p=3722175

Gang - it looks like you can stream it using Chomecast, Fire, Roku, etc. Which is pretty sweet.

On Sunday morning (10/25) you'll have to go here: https://nflstream.yahoo.com/

The instructions for loading the broadcast, whether through a web browser or smart phone, should be pretty clear on gameday.

This will probably won't be allowed for U.S. outsiders, but thanks for the link.

Gang - it looks like you can stream it using Chomecast, Fire, Roku, etc. Which is pretty sweet.

The instructions for loading the broadcast, whether through a web browser or smart phone, should be pretty clear on gameday.

Not fire AFAIK

Yeah, I have this, but it hasn't been too reliable with my wi-fi for some reason. Hopefully it works during the game.

I have always had trouble with Chromecast as well with HD streams. It comes to a device in my house (desktop) over the wifi, then over to the chromecast also via wifi. It ends up being just too much. I will probably just get it to my laptop then to the TV via HDMI.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Not fire AFAIK

The website lists Amazon FireTV so I would imagine it works? I dunno I guess we'll learn a lot about it on gameday...

And I'm not sure about US outsiders but I figured everyone could watch it since it's being marketed as a global streaming platform.

That may have been a merciful act of community service. Maybe.

Thanks

So, does yahoo have there own broadcast crew? Cameras?

No.

They'll just pick up what CBS is broadcasting and producing. Local markets are still getting the game by CBS and therefore are sending broadcasters. What Yahoo is doing is not all that different than what DirecTV does every Sunday. Yahoo is just taking whats being broadcast and putting onto their digital platform for viewers to stream. The catch is that Yahoo is in charge of advertising and engaging customers during commercial breaks. For people watching on Yahoo we could see more interactive or creative advertising. And because your computers IP address is unique to you, you may see ads specifically aimed at you, much like you do in pop ads.

It could be in the future if the NFL decides to pick Yahoo for streaming content they hire their own broadcasters and producers but at this point CBS/FOX/ESPN all have way more experience doing it so no need to change that for the sake of one game.