London game will be streamed on Yahoo

@viccarucci: The #Bills-#Jaguars game in London, w 9:30am kickoff, will be seen on local TV in WNY and J'ville. Seen on digital platform everywhere else.

@viccarucci: Marks the first time #NFL will use a distributor other than TV network for a national game.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well most laptops and desktop computers have HDMI out these days. if you aren't local and have to watch it online then just plug your computer in to your TV and you are good to go

I get terrible picture quality when I do it this way, plus long delays.

That makes sense. Nothing like scaring the ever-loving-**** out of the networks by floating a test balloon on YouTube. When are the next TV deals up for renegotiation?

I'm not sure but that is EXACTLY what I am thinking. My thought is that they develop some sort of content based channel specific to teams that you can buy. I view it like the WWE network. If you are out of market you can add the games or if you are in market you can just buy the content (replay of games, interviews, etc...). It is strictly a guess on my part. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I get terrible picture quality when I do it this way, plus long delays.

thats what I don't like - the stream sometimes freezes which is torture during a football game lol. YouTube should be ok on a tablet or phone but I am old school and want it on my tv.

I'm not sure but that is EXACTLY what I am thinking. My thought is that they develop some sort of content based channel specific to teams that you can buy. I view it like the WWE network. If you are out of market you can add the games or if you are in market you can just buy the content (replay of games, interviews, etc...). It is strictly a guess on my part.

I think you're right on track. Working in TV I can tell you everyone on the content side is jumping ship to digital because the networks have no idea how to fix what's wrong with their system. The only thing keeping traditional TV afloat as we know it are live sports, especially the NFL.

If the NFL starts testing digital platforms, even for a negotiating ploy, it should scare the networks enough to pay even more next go around.

Edited by GreggyT

I think you're right on track. Working in TV I can tell you everyone on the content side is jumping ship to digital because the networks have no idea how to fix what's wrong with their system. The only thing keeping traditional TV afloat as we know it are live sports, especially the NFL.

If the NFL starts testing digital platforms, even for a negotiating ploy, it should scare the networks enough to pay even more next go around.

I don't think that we will ever see live sports off network TV in our lives. I think that you will see more and more of the digital content complimenting it. People are crazy for information in the social media age. You may even start seeing more and more of that in stadium.

Strange they wouldn't add NFLN to the mix...

I upped my Internet speed last year and the Sunday Ticket online worked great, also watched the live stream of a skate contest all weekend that looked awesome and didn't hang-up.

Better have those servers cranked up for this one!

I don't think that we will ever see live sports off network TV in our lives. I think that you will see more and more of the digital content complimenting it. People are crazy for information in the social media age. You may even start seeing more and more of that in stadium.

I'm with you there for sure. I don't think sports will leave TV in our lifetimes, not fully. Mainly because the networks will overpay to keep them.