Should we trade Charles Clay?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Charles Clay signing. But, what this team really needs, is a quarterback, and EJ, Cassel, Tyrod, and Tuel just won't cut it. Now I know we can't get like an Andrew Luck for him, but what about like, Andy Dalton or Jay Cutler. Maybe the Redskins will give us Cutler?

He might also be worth a top 10 pick, to get Marriota or WINston.

Bills fans need to relax on the QB stuff or we will never have one. You draft a guy and let him develop. This isn't going to happen overnight. Seems most fans have the idea that it does.

I disagree.

-Seattle and Indy fans.

What if we threw in EJ as well, so they'd have a developmental QB as well.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Charles Clay signing. But, what this team really needs, is a quarterback, and EJ, Cassel, Tyrod, and Tuel just won't cut it. Now I know we can't get like an Andrew Luck for him, but what about like, Andy Dalton or Jay Cutler. Maybe the Redskins will give us Cutler?

He might also be worth a top 10 pick, to get Marriota or WINston.

What a Troll. Can we get this guy banned???

I disagree.

-Seattle and Indy fans.What if we threw in EJ as well, so they'd have a developmental QB as well.

Another Luck isn't coming out in a long time.

As for Wilson, he doesn't throw much. You would be shocked how good EJs stats and record is when he doesn't throw over 30 times. Russell Wilson rarely throws over 30 times.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

While I think this post is idiotic, calling for someone to be banned for a stupid post? If that were the norm a lot of people would be banned. Instead of crying about banning people why not just ignore the post? There are already too many moderators in my opinion.

Another Luck isn't coming out in a long time.

As for Wilson, he doesn't throw much. You would be shocked how good EJs stats and record is when he doesn't throw over 30 times. Russell Wilson rarely throws over 30 times.

If by "rarely", you mean "44% of the time" (which he did last season), you are sort of correct. He has thrown for mover 30 times more frequently each season.

Why oh why do people think that these ideas make any sense at all? Trade Charles Clay for Dalton? IF the Bengals wanted Clay that bad why wouldn't they have tried to get him? They already have Eifert, so they'll have two TEs and no QB? Smart. The same applies to the Bears with Bennett. I really don't understand why the people that make these posts think the players on the Bills are so valuable to anyone else in the league. Just because we over payed for Clay doesn't mean anyone else wants him, especially given how much money we gave him.

Abs are by far the most important position in the league and you think teams are willing to trade one for a mediocre hybrid TE? oh throw in a QB that has never shown that he can make it in the league, that'll sell them.

Why oh why do people think that these ideas make any sense at all? Trade Charles Clay for Dalton? IF the Bengals wanted Clay that bad why wouldn't they have tried to get him? They already have Eifert, so they'll have two TEs and no QB? Smart. The same applies to the Bears with Bennett. I really don't understand why the people that make these posts think the players on the Bills are so valuable to anyone else in the league. Just because we over payed for Clay doesn't mean anyone else wants him, especially given how much money we gave him.

Abs are by far the most important position in the league and you think teams are willing to trade one for a mediocre hybrid TE? oh throw in a QB that has never shown that he can make it in the league, that'll sell them.

EJ is a developmental player. A team like the Bears is rebuilding, and won't need a super star out of the gate. They'll have the time and patience to develop him. We need a winner now. It works out for both teams.

Watchin Andy Dalton play the Browns this year was about the worst qb play ive seen in a long time, worse then EJ against the Texans. Living proof that you can get to the playoffs without a great qb...winning a playoff game Eh.

EJ is a developmental player. A team like the Bears is rebuilding, and won't need a super star out of the gate. They'll have the time and patience to develop him. We need a winner now. It works out for both teams.

We feel that EJ may develop (some of us) but no team would give up anything for him, especially a competant starter even if Clay is in the deal as well because they already have a good TE. Also the Bears are not really re-building. They think they can compete now. They have a ton of weapons on offense and still have Cutler, and pretty good secondary. Last year was a down year but they are not in full blow-it-up rebuild mode.

Clay is not nearly valuable enough to trade for Cutler especially given his huge contract. Send them Dareus and they might listen.

That's his 3rd full season. So obviously if I'm comparing to EJ I looked at the 1st 14 games.

Uh huh. Then you should edit your post to say that--instead of what it does say, which is Wilson "rarely throws [not "threw"] more than 30 times a game".