QB Sam Bradford traded for QB Nick Foles

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 sought after, under contract QB's traded for each other. WTF?!?

What is happening... I thought we had the drop on everyone with the big trading moves, but apparently there was just a league meeting where they all got together in a mafioso style smoke filled room and said "Let's just change EVERYTHING!!!" (except for the Patriots, who stay the same, pick up some D-II players who will play like all-pros, and win the superbowl)

I'm not seeing any confirmation on this.

Still working it out. it's for Foles and compensation, so probably working out the draft pick compensation part...

Everyone wants to be the first to report on this site, there are about 10 posts about this so far, too funny...

Edited by ricojes

Based on what he's done so far, Kelly thinks that his Oregon system will work in the NFL. 9 guys on the team already from Oregon. Bradford from Oklahoma, but ran same type of system in college. Tampa Bay and now Tennessee (Locker retired) both need QB's, so not sure how Phily gets up there if that's their intent.

Based on what he's done so far, Kelly thinks that his Oregon system will work in the NFL. 9 guys on the team already from Oregon. Bradford from Oklahoma, but ran same type of system in college. Tampa Bay and now Tennessee (Locker retired) both need QB's, so not sure how Phily gets up there if that's their intent.

I'm not going to doubt Kelly's offense but they lost a lot of speed. A lot of that offense is short throws and YAC.

You write this like it's a problem.

LOL.

Just kidding with you. Let's hope they have a few tricks up their sleeve left.

EJ has a good year, leads us to the playoffs, drops a double middle finger on the haters, & dates Margot Robbie. Book it.

I'd forgotten that same system in college. Also Chips OC was Bradford's OC when he was ROY, right?

Looks as though Chip decided he couldn't trade up to get Mariotta so trading for Bradford is sloppy seconds.

I said he had something in mind to do with all that cap space. Just Bradford will be $13 million this year, unless they plan to re-negotiate.

The Eagles and Rams may have swapped 1st round picks in the deal: Philly gets 10th overall and St. Louis gets 20th.

I heard that too - if thats the case Bradford will not be playing for the Eagles

and the bills sit by and watch

Who/what were they going to trade to get either? Apparently, Kelly wasn't a Foles fan and he traded him for a guy who:

1 - has missed two consecutive years with major knee injuries

2 - was criticized by a former teammate for not being a hard worker (see PFTTalk early today)

That isn't a winning combo on the Bradford side and if that is all the Eagles could get for Foles, then maybe the NFL doesn't think as much of Foles as some on this board do