What now? (Now that McCown is off the table)

Uffalo Ills

What now?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB should the Bills Pursue?

• Sanchez
    • Bradford
    • Foles
    • Hoyer
    • Mallet
    • Cutler
    • Moore
    • Other
    • Locker
    • EJ is just fine, thank you
    • Draft one

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I must be the only one who is not into Foles. Not a fan. Chip runs a very QB friendly system. Vick beat him out originally and then when he had to play he looked good at first but then I think defenses figured him out. Don't think he's all that talented. And would take a trade. But if he was FA, he'd probably be up near the top of the trash heap.

Bradford hands down but we aren't getting him and neither will anyone else unless they pay a hefty ransom regardless of his injuries (speaks volumes when Mark Sanchez, let alone Josh McCown, is a hot commodity as a starting QB!). The QB market this year is like investing in energy stocks for the short term ... bad!

I vote locker. Why the hell not. I knew he wasnt the andrew luck before andrew luck like so many thought. But i guess he is young enough to still do some good in the league. Injuries aside. He may just need a change of scenery.

EJ i believe well be just fine. However in Whaley words "by sheer numbers" we need more arms.

I vote locker. Why the hell not. I knew he wasnt the andrew luck before andrew luck like so many thought. But i guess he is young enough to still do some good in the league. Injuries aside. He may just need a change of scenery.

EJ i believe well be just fine. However in Whaley words "by sheer numbers" we need more arms.

we could have the black Jake Locker and the Real Jake Locker, yo.

Seriously that's fine with me. He's not terrible.

Bradford hands down but we aren't getting him and neither will anyone else unless they pay a hefty ransom regardless of his injuries (speaks volumes when Mark Sanchez, let alone Josh McCown, is a hot commodity as a starting QB!). The QB market this year is like investing in energy stocks for the short term ... bad!

QBR:

Bradford

2010 - 38.3

2011 - 36.2

2012 - 50.3

2013 - 48.1

Locker

2011 - 51.3

2012 - 44.5

2013 - 58.1

2014 - 51.1

Manuel

2013 - 42.8

2014 - 19.8

MY order goes like this depending upon what we have to give away or receive.

Bradford>Foles>Cutler(with a 4th round pick as comp for that contract and his mopey ass)>Locker>Hoyer>EJ potential.

I d give a 2 and a 3 in either 2015/16 for Bradford or Foles & hope that works.

Edited by qwksilver

I hope this isnt repetitive of some other threads, ie The Josh Mccown Anybody thread or the numerous FA wish list threads. Now that McCown is off the table, who do you want? I vote Foles...

Should have made it so people could choose multiple QBs. We'll draft one and bring in one or two.

Locker's throwing motion reminds me of Bledsoe. Thankfully he isn't a statue; unfortunately he's a tad bit fragile.

If the coaching staff and front office look at this as a two year process, then I'd consider Locker, EJ, and then a developmental rookie to give us a reason to ditch Tuel. If they are thinking win now, I'd be tempted to go with the known quantity: Sanchez. I don't think he's perfect - obviously - but at least you know his faults. There is a lot of uncertainty with the younger QB prospects.

The decision will make it clear if they think the rest of the roster is merely playoff ready or SB ready. I don't think any of the available QBs make us SB ready, but Rex/Doug may feel it is necessary to get back to the playoffs and then do another rebuild from that platform of success. I think the defense is SB ready, but the offense is probably a year or more behind that development curve. Can we keep the pieces together on defense long enough for the offense to develop and for a quarterback to be attained?

At least we won't be pushed around on defense in the meantime. I hated those years of "43's the Mike" and 200+ yards of rushing. It was so painful, I literally can't remember 43's name. I even liked him as a player!

I hope this isnt repetitive of some other threads, ie The Josh Mccown Anybody thread or the numerous FA wish list threads. Now that McCown is off the table, who do you want? I vote Foles...

I don't think it's overly repetitive. I chose Hoyer as Bradford will be hard to pry away from the Rams. We need more options at QB, even if its just as backup so I'm think that the EJ option on the poll might confuse things

I don't think it's overly repetitive. I chose Hoyer as Bradford will be hard to pry away from the Rams. We need more options at QB, even if its just as backup so I'm think that the EJ option on the poll might confuse things

Just for those purists that rail against windmills in support of EJ. Plus, now i enabled multiple selections, so you can mix and match scenarios with or without EJ in them. I hope that helps.

And yeah, I definitely agree that Hoyer is much more feasible than Bradford at this point, which brings up a good point about this poll in general

Saw the Locker highlight video.

I wish people would put together a Low-lights video. Almost any player can generate a highlight vid. Maybe even somebody like Maybin or Ghoulston. I bet Gabbert has one.

yep. I totally agree. While I was watching the video, I was thinking, "even Ej has made some better or equivalent throws"

Josh McCown signs with Browns......Big Friggin Deal. Who exactly is Josh McCown again, outside of one great fantasy season? Brian Hoyer is bettter and a better answer for the Bills. And Hoyer should now be available since that toxic situation called the Browns went elsewhere for a QB.

I must be the only one who is not into Foles. Not a fan. Chip runs a very QB friendly system. Vick beat him out originally and then when he had to play he looked good at first but then I think defenses figured him out. Don't think he's all that talented. And would take a trade. But if he was FA, he'd probably be up near the top of the trash heap.

You aren't the only one. If he were a FA, I would consider him, but I wouldn't give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick in trade for him.

I say Locker, Ponder or Sanchez, unless Bradford is released. Locker and Ponder are young enough and physically talented enough to *maybe* still have a chance to become a good starter. Sanchez would be a semi-distant 3rd only because he has played more and has an even smaller chance to turn into a good starter. Someone else mentioned Matt Cassell - while not exciting, he belongs in this discussion if they didn't have to trade much to get him.

Whatever happened to Josh Freeman? FormerTampa QB seemed to fade quickly

From December:

"He's still working in the football realm. He's keeping himself in shape, and he's really looking to hit it hard, from what I hear," WR Vincent Jackson said.

"I'm hoping he gets another opportunity this upcoming training camp, and I think somebody should give him a chance. He's a very talented kid, despite his past problems or issues or anything that went on here. Everybody deserves a second chance, a fresh slate."

Freeman went 10-6 in his first full season as a starter in 2010 under Raheem Morris. He even set club records for touchdown passes (27) and passing yards (4,065) in 2012.

But a clash with Greg Schiano, the coach who succeeded Morris after he was fired, and accusations that his voluntary participation in the league's substance abuse program was leaked devolved into Freeman being released.

" 'Free' had all the intangibles, all the makings to be a great player in this league," DT Gerald McCoy said. "Just some things were missing. I pray that he gets those going and comes back in the league and does what he's supposed to do."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/ex-bucs-qb-josh-freeman-working-to-return-to-nfl/2210777

Edited by PastaJoe

QBR:

Bradford

2010 - 38.3

2011 - 36.2

2012 - 50.3

2013 - 48.1

Locker

2011 - 51.3

2012 - 44.5

2013 - 58.1

2014 - 51.1

Manuel

2013 - 42.8

2014 - 19.8

I guess I didn't realize how much Marrone/ Hackett destroyed Manuel in one year. Hope he turns it around.

. He end up really being Johnny Jamboogie.

It would be very interesting to go back and see who and how many posters here were going apoplectic about The Bills not picking Johnny Jamboogie last year. There were some who were so rooster-sure he was the second coming of Fran Tarkenton.

While I still would like to see a formidable run game with EJ handing off, I would take Foles, Then Moore, then Mallett. Bradford is soft. Sanchez is an Older EJ. Cleveland(!?) cut Hoyer and the little I watched of him was enough. It is pointless to draft anyone, they aren't worth the pick we would use.

I think we need to own up to the fact that a stud running back and O-linemen would be our best acquisitions this year. And ground and pound is going to be our best chance unless EJ/Free agent pick up turns a corner.

I