/dev/null

Do you approve hiring Rex Ryan as HC  

463 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve hiring Rex Ryan as HC

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like he would show up at Big Tree and have beer and wings with the fans and talk about how much he hates Belichik and Brady and how he's dying to get Sammy into space.

@MMehtaNYDN: Biggest winners today: Buffalo Bills fans

Edited by YoloinOhio

Disapprove. To clarify why, as I've said elsewhere I think Rex Ryan is a good football coach - I just don't think the way he ran the New York Jets is what we required here in Buffalo to make an immediate improvement to this football team and get us over the hump.

EDIT: But he now has my absolute full support. He is the Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills.... so Rex is now my guy. And I hope I think back on what an idiot I was not to love the hire from minute 1 in years to come.

Edited by GunnerBill

Disapprove. To clarify why, as I've said elsewhere I think Rex Ryan is a good football coach - I just don't think the way he ran the New York Jets is what we required here in Buffalo to make an immediate improvement to this football team and get us over the hump.

EDIT: But he now has my absolute full support. He is the Head Coach of the Buffalo Bills.... so Rex is now my guy. And I hope I think back on what an idiot I was not to love the hire from minute 1 in years to come.

Nice save.

I feel like he would show up at Big Tree and have beer and wings with the fans and talk about how much he hates Belichik and Brady and how he's dying to get Sammy into space.

@MMehtaNYDN: Biggest winners today: Buffalo Bills fans

Very true.

I cannot think of a HC who is more of a "Buffalo" guy than Rex.

You really can't disapprove of this hire. Honestly Rex is a good enough HC to have learned from his first time mistakes... Like many successful HCs have done. I think the GM here is much better suited then the Jets have ever had. If anything you don't have forever with this defense, let a guy that has proven to win with defense and a good run game. Let him unleash #TheLegendofKikoAlonso on the AFC East.

I don't like passion on the sideline. It normally means a lack of control.

Yep Pete Carroll has no control...

I am still unsure about how I feel about the hire.

This. I didn't want him to begin with. I didn't like how he handled the Jets over the past couple of years. They were undisciplined and he couldn't get anything out of Sanchez, Smith, or Vick.

I was hoping for an "Unsure" option in the poll, but I voted for "approve". The more I read about him, the more I'm warming up to the idea. Like GunnerBill said, he's now the Bills' head coach, so he's my guy.

Very true.

I cannot think of a HC who is more of a "Buffalo" guy than Rex.

I'll live with the hire because I'm a Bills fan first.

But all of these comments seem to reflect "Rex Ryan, the Personality" rather than "Rex Ryan, the HC." Personally, on game day, I'd rather have a 'Hoodie-type' than a 'Guy in the Hood'...

Edited by Lurker

This is a painful hire. There is nothing that excites me about this. We just hired a guy that went 4-12. I wonder how many times in NFL history a guy that just came off that type of season he just had have been hired as a head coach by another NFL team right away. I have zero idea why this makes anyone happy.

This is a painful hire. There is nothing that excites me about this. We just hired a guy that went 4-12. I wonder how many times in NFL history a guy that just came off that type of season he just had have been hired as a head coach by another NFL team right away. I have zero idea why this makes anyone happy.

His GM had 13 picks last year... How many actually started for the team... Or even made the team. You can only make a **** sandwich smell so good.

Rex is about to get a defense that is better then the one he took to the AFC Championship Game.

Edited by Beef Jerky

..............and thats why you and I arent NFL executives. We know nothing about football. Frankly I'm happy as a lark we got Rex, but I honestly know nothing about football and am not afraid to be honest and admit that.

Another losing record coach. He couldn't control the Jets, now he takes on the mess Marone left and wants to replace Schwartz with his guy Thurman. Great, the Bills beat the Jets twice this year, and he wants to replace a great DC with a limp dick. Here we go again, another 15 years before we get to the playoffs.

Edited by Phil Hansen Forever

Finally some passion on the sideline.

Ryan brings so many positives that we did not have with our last coach, he choose us over both SF & Atlanta who have much better QB situations.Love his passion for the game and players love him.Just a great hire and I am looking forward to seeing his first presser, when can we say that almost every local media guy (including Jerry) are please with a Bills coaching hire.For once we will not have to see a presser where Russ Brandon has to explain and defend a hiring of coach who was no a very popular choice (no sales job needed).

I am sure there is a philosophy the new owners have established. That philosophy was broken down into elements and criteria that were desirable in the HC search. Continuity and stability were probably pretty high on the list along with installing a football first attitude and culture. I think Rex Ryan meets the criteria of having HC experience with limited desire for "full control".

We can make a reasonable assumption that Doug Whaley now has the two key components that have been lacking for years...(1) ownership that is willing to spend money and (2) a coach he can work with and that actually makes Buffalo an attractive destination. Ryan has had a transformed agent and salary cap guy as his two GMs in New York. All indications were that he tried to make the best of it, regardless. He is entering an organization in transition...to put it kindly. I think he was the best option as much for his personality as his football acumen.

Players want to be well compensated (owners with $$$), treated like men (players' coach), win, and play in a good city. Most people who actually spend time in Western New York realize what a great place it is. I believe this team is pretty close...gambling on a "hot" OC/DC or enduring a massive re-org would do more to set them back than not having a 1st round pick next year.

There should be a "not sure" choice.

He will make the Bills more likely to be mentioned on SportsCenter just because of his personality.

He is a defensive minded coach on a team that needs offensive help.

He will soon be either loved or hated, depending on his success rate along with his personality and sound bites.

This isn't your grandfather's Bills.