/dev/null

Do you approve hiring Rex Ryan as HC  

463 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve hiring Rex Ryan as HC

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are only a year removed from Mike Pettine...and where did Mike Pettine come from? If you don't know, stop reading now. Also, the Bills organization made a very large investment in defense over the past several years both in free agency and the draft. We are LOADED at LB. Flexing in and out of base 4-3 or base 3-4 is not that big of a deal...especially since personnel wise there are a lot of the same guys that played under Pettine. Relax...as most people have pointed out, most teams play a hybrid anyway these days.

Hughes (if he stays) is really a LB with his hand down in 4-3. Mario Williams had 13 sacks once he figured out how to play rush LB under 3-4. 3-4 actually allows the Bills to get more of their best players on the field.

I disapprove, but I'm not against it. I don't like Ryan's mouth or personality all that much. I also am not a fan of his record as a head coach or the way he seemed to have no idea what was happening on offense.

However, I hope he has learned something from his time with the Jets. If he keeps Schwartz and is 'hands off' a defense and actually is the head coach, not the coordinator in chief then I could see him having some success.

I don't like it especially if it means changes yet again on defense.

Rex also wasn't as good vs Patriots as most think. Jets played them tough under him but not like he had a winning record vs them or even close to it

This team loves hiring head coaches with losing records.

Edited by Max997

I wanted Kubiak but I am fine with Rex. Whether or not he is successful comes down to whether or not EJ is an NFL QB or Whaley's ability to get Rex an NFL QB.

This would be the case with whomever the Bills hired. At least I know the players will play for Rex.

Edited by agardin

I don't see us any different from where we were 2 weeks ago. Still need a good to great OC. Except now it's harder to lure one away from a good team because it will be a lateral move. Changes will be made on a defense that is at it's peak. I don't like rocking the boat on a #3 defense.

So, disapprove.

I don't see us any different from where we were 2 weeks ago. Still need a good to great OC. Except now it's harder to lure one away from a good team because it will be a lateral move. Changes will be made on a defense that is at it's peak. I don't like rocking the boat on a #3 defense.

So, disapprove.

I agree but it sounds like they already hv OC in mind with Greg Roman who Rex worked with in Baltimore

I like the hire..when he had a talented team, he took a rookie qb to the championship game TWICE!! They mortgaged there teams salery big time. Then they drafted terribly. I like what Rex can do when he has talent. But the Bills are going to have the same decision. Stay the corse, or mortgage there future for two good years

Edited by Franchiseneedsme

I feel like he would show up at Big Tree and have beer and wings with the fans and talk about how much he hates Belichik and Brady and how he's dying to get Sammy into space.

@MMehtaNYDN: Biggest winners today: Buffalo Bills fans

Is that what you look for in a coach? That's ridiculous.

I approve, Rex is one of the best Def minds in the game and we can be confident that side of the ball will be fine. Only need to get a good OC and improve the OL and QB situation.

It already was fine.

Ryan's teams are undisciplined, and his offenses have sucked. His game time decisions have been laughable. These are the same problems that the Bills already had.

Edited by HoF Watkins

It already was fine.

Ryan's teams are undisciplined,

Yeah, that's about how I see it.

Especially worried about the undisciplined part. If a team reflects it's HC's personality, you can expect a lot of emotion but but also plenty of WTF...