Can we petition to have mike rodak fired?

JP's Voice

Not only does he write terrible stories, ie the pipeline dream qb, but he also hates buffalo and our team. I'd love an ESPN reporter who likes his job as a buffalo bills beat reporter. While nationally everyone is saying what a great hire Rex is, of course he's already being negative and pessimistic. What an a-hole

Not only does he write terrible stories, ie the pipeline dream qb, but he also hates buffalo and our team. I'd love an ESPN reporter who likes his job as a buffalo bills beat reporter. While nationally everyone is saying what a great hire Rex is, of course he's already being negative and pessimistic. What an a-hole

He isn't a Buffalo Beat reporter (at least I don't think so). He is their AFC East reporter.

And Rex is a terrible hire, IMO.

But the point is, a blogger is allowed to have his own opinion and not simply agree with what is being said by others.

Now, I happen to agree that Rodak sucks. But I can't agree with your post for the reasons stated.

He isn't a Buffalo Beat reporter (at least I don't think so). He is their AFC East reporter.

But the point is, a blogger is allowed to have his own opinion and not simply agree with what is being said by others.

Now, I happen to agree that Rodak sucks. But I can't agree with your post for the reasons stated.

No he is the Bills writer... But he is a Pats fan. Dumbest thing in the world.

He was the Pats writer, but he is awful and that's a team espn actually cares about so they brought in Mike Reiss and "reassigned" Rodak.

He's a Pats fan, if he hates something we did I usually take it as a good sign.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

No he is the Bills writer... But he is a Pats fan. Dumbest thing in the world.

Well it is clear he has no love for the Bills. But in journalism fandom shouldn't even come into play. You should'ht have to be a fan to write about a team, nor should you be precluded from that if you are fan of another team. The bottom line is Rodak sucks because he sucks. If he didn't suck his Pats* fandom would be a non-issue in this assignment.

Dean, who did you want?

funny because that's what you more or less have at ESPN. Rodrak often gets to take Wawrows articles word for word and put his name at the top because of licensing to ESPN with the AP.

True, when it comes to facts. The opinions he makes up himself.

• 1 month later...

i stopped following him on twitter a few months ago, around the time the bills parted ways with Mike Williams. anything i missed since?

jw

LOL I thought all of you "beat guys" stuck together? I've given Rodak plenty of crap on Twitter because he doesn't seem to understand that he is actually writing for the Bills fan base, not the Patriots* one.

I don't need the local reporters to be pie-in-the-sky optimists, but when every blog or tweet has a pessimistic or negative connotation it gets old quickly. Let's face it -- the Bills are on the upswing but if you got your news solely from reading Rodak's stuff you would think they went 2-14 last season and are one step away from being banished from the NFL.

guys guys guys, please. anyone with a national perspective is always going to be "meh" relative to the Bills and WNY, win lose or draw.. just not a franchise or a place national media types give a crap about. sorry, but its true. even if the Bills go 11-5 and win a playoff game, WNY will always be that cold , old place in their eyes. Just sayin' .. be ready for it. 3rd tier markets, wherever they are, get no love and never will. "hey, lets go cover a Bills game in December... um,, no... "

20-something writers want to get to the big markets, not be stuck writing about a team in Buffalo. Imagine the reaction at a party when you say you write about the bills. meh.

sorry, we all love 'em, but we are largely alone. is what it is. go bills.

guys guys guys, please. anyone with a national perspective is always going to be "meh" relative to the Bills and WNY, win lose or draw.. just not a franchise or a place national media types give a crap about. sorry, but its true. even if the Bills go 11-5 and win a playoff game, WNY will always be that cold , old place in their eyes. Just sayin' .. be ready for it. 3rd tier markets, wherever they are, get no love and never will. "hey, lets go cover a Bills game in December... um,, no... "

20-something writers want to get to the big markets, not be stuck writing about a team in Buffalo. Imagine the reaction at a party when you say you write about the bills. meh.

Completely not the point.

Be careful what you wish for. Walker - the guy before him - is a dolphins fan, and was even worse. The guy outwardly hated on the Bills for no reason. Well, there was some reason, but he seemed to revel in pissing off the fans of the team that he covered.

you might enjoy chris brown...he loves everything buffalo

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/author/cbrownnfl/

I think that the best way to get someone in the entertainment business fired is to talk about her/him continually on the internets. Clicking on their work so that you have fresh meat with which to gnash your teeth is also a good approach; the last thing you want to do is ignore someone/something that is insignificant but still sets your blood boiling.

Who else assumed that this was a JBoyst thread?

He's not a reporter. He does very little, if no, reporting himself. I doubt that he has inside sources. His analysis is weak and his writing is quite average.

Couldn't care less about which team he allegedly likes and doesn't.

He rehashes news and feels obligated to give a random opinion. Like the rest of them on that site.

And he is not an "a-hole" simply for having an opinion that you don't. Toughen up, geez.

Getting a guy fired from his job is pretty harsh.

Personally, when I see an article was penned by Rodak, I now usually skip it. He's normally just rehashing info that has already been published elsewhere and, as mentioned, often with a negative slant. He adds nothing to my Bills I.Q.

The problem with "just ignore him" is the suits at ESPN won't see ignoring him as any different than "no one reads Bills content" and it might lead to even less stories by the people we actually want writing about us.

If you feel like you just can't ignore him and it's just too much to hold in..then complain at https://r.espn.go.com/members/contact/index

Doesn't matter who writes b.c it's ESPN.

The problem with "just ignore him" is the suits at ESPN won't see ignoring him as any different than "no one reads Bills content" and it might lead to even less stories by the people we actually want writing about us.

If the Bills win they will have to talk about them. Also Rex isn't a guy that isn't news worthy.

This is God's Truth.

I loathe many of the St Louis Post Dispatch sports writers. The roots of that loathing were laid when I read what they had to say about the Bills going to 4 consecutive Superbowls. They were ignorant, snide, and disrespectful. I stopped getting the St Louis paper and have never gone back, long before the modern trend for reading online.

When the Rams had the Greatest Show on Turf I laughed at all the kissing-up and how they were going to be the greatest football dynasty ever, decades long, and show those Bills how it should be done. They couldn't even go back to back to the show the next year.

Nothing to be done about it but stay Buffalo Proud. And STOP READING and giving any attention to negative crappy writers. They thrive on attention of any sort.

If you feel like you just can't ignore him and it's just too much to hold in..then complain at https://r.espn.go.com/members/contact/index

I have. I'm pretty sure it gets filed into a black hole. The simple truth is we are stuck with him as the Bills writer unless he does something controversial or decides to pursue other career opportunities.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

Winning cures EVERYTHING. It will be difficult for any writer to slam the team once they start winning.

I for one am not a big fan of people being fired I do realize some deserve it but not because a reporter writes something that you don't like. The constitution says we have freedom of the press.

Um...he's an entertainment reporter. And his inclination is to troll. And he does it. A lot.

Um...he's an entertainment reporter. And his inclination is to troll. And he does it. A lot.

You are right with this. I think people don't understand the business model ESPN has embraced. They long ago entered into the professional troll business. It's why they put Skip Bayless and Steven A. on every single day or use someone like Mark May to rile up Buckeyes fans.

Edited by Chuck Wagon