Can we petition to have mike rodak fired?

JP's Voice

You are right with this. I think people don't understand the business model ESPN has embraced. They long ago entered into the professional troll business. It's why they put Skip Bayless and Steven A. on every single day or use someone like Mark May to rile up Buckeyes fans.

Totally true, but I was referring more to the notion that entertainment reporters and their content are somehow protected by the first amendment, or at least that the first amendment was crafted for the benefit of...entertainment reporters.

And while I agree that trolling can be clickbait, the opposite could also be true. He could Chris Brown-it and stoke the fanbase and achieve similar results.

Totally true, but I was referring more to the notion that entertainment reporters and their content are somehow protected by the first amendment, or at least that the first amendment was crafted for the benefit of...entertainment reporters.

And while I agree that trolling can be clickbait, the opposite could also be true. He could Chris Brown-it and stoke the fanbase and achieve similar results.

No one is starting threads about Chris Brown on a message board.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

No one is starting threads about Chris Brown on a message board.

Talking about Mike Rodak on a message board isn't going to encourage me to suddenly start clicking on his articles or make me suddenly think ESPN offers quality content of any kind.

Talking about Mike Rodak on a message board isn't going to encourage me to suddenly start clicking on his articles or make me suddenly think ESPN offers quality content of any kind.

No, but ESPN isn't targeting intelligent sports fans. They are targeting the average joe who is still taking Steven Jackson in fantasy leagues and emails articles to their buddies saying "look at what this guy said".

No, but ESPN isn't targeting intelligent sports fans. They are targeting the average joe who is still taking Steven Jackson in fantasy leagues and emails articles to their buddies saying "look at what this guy said".

Fair point. I have a dim friend. He's my only friend who watches ESPN/takes it seriously. He gets all worked up about it. We tell him to stfu.

I think that the best way to get someone in the entertainment business fired is to talk about her/him continually on the internets. Clicking on their work so that you have fresh meat with which to gnash your teeth is also a good approach; the last thing you want to do is ignore someone/something that is insignificant but still sets your blood boiling.

Who else assumed that this was a JBoyst thread?

hey!

Why would we want him fired?

Look at it this way -

His dream job is to cover the Pats - which was taken away from him.

He does NOT like covering the Bills.

Thus, he does not have ultimate job happiness.

From our perspective - there are tons of places to get good, un-biased Bills information. ESPN is not the only one - so you don't have to read it.

Best revenge is to give him clicks everyone once in awhile - and let him keep the job he does not particularly care for.