RIP Stuart Scott

YoloinOhio

Booya!!!! :cry:

(that is a tribute to Stuart Scott, not a celebratory chant that he died)

on a similar note, the person that prompted me to start a cancer thread a couple months ago died yesterday, 3 months ago he was 'healthy' F*** Cancer!

Terribly sad.

Now he can be as cool as the other side of the pillow in heaven.

RIP.

Booya!!!! :cry:

(that is a tribute to Stuart Scott, not a celebratory chant that he died)

on a similar note, the person that prompted me to start a cancer thread a couple months ago died yesterday, 3 months ago he was 'healthy' F*** Cancer!

I'm sorry for your loss, Pooj.

Sad to hear this. Does anyone know if this was expected? For some reason, I thought he was in better shape with the cancer-- but I could be totally off.

The fact that ESPN had a special on his career, including quotes in memorial to him from so many people almost immediately after he died tells me that they knew this was coming for a while. Very sad news all, as like him or hate him, he was truly unique and a trailblazer and by all accounts I've read, a great guy.

Anyone else notice how Chris Berman looked in relaying the news, in particular how his eyes and eye wrinkles were so pronouncedly different from the rest of his much smoother makeup job? Either I've never noticed that before, or Boomer had cried his eye makeup off before going on the air. I'd wager it's the latter and I can't really blame him, as I'm sure they knew each other well.