Bills radio (Mike Schopp is awful)

tito1

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I f'ing hate the William C. Rott and Son commercials--- phony folksy BS. Who is this appealing to in WNY? And yet I can't get their damned jingle out of my head...

Ahhh man, I turn my radio off the second those come over the airwaves.

. This past summer, I was so amped up for the football season (more so than in a number of years) but about a week or two into training camp, I just couldn't take listening any more. The topic of discussion on the morning show as well as the drive time show seemed to be "EJ sucks"...they were killing my enthusiasm for the season by the minute. I know it isn't their job to be a PR machine for the Bills or Sabres, but each host dwelling on their own particular pet gripe is just tough to listen to.

But here is the thing Buf...they were right. Now, i am on record as liking EJ and Hackett, but EJ did in fact get benched, and the worry about his played proved to be right.

Also, both the afternoon and morning guys, as well as Joe B , were all over the attitude change in Marrone right from the first day of camp. Granted, it did get repetitive at times, but they were still right.

Even his voice is annoying

I f'ing hate the William C. Rott and Son commercials--- phony folksy BS. Who is this appealing to in WNY? And yet I can't get their damned jingle out of my head...

I love those commercials LOL...and the jingle. However, i did think it was Robinson and not Rott and Son :doh::lol:

Edited by plenzmd1

But here is the thing Buf...they were right. Now, i am on record as liking EJ and Hackett, but EJ did in fact get benched, and the worry about his played proved to be right.

Also, both the afternoon and morning guys, as well as Joe B , were all over the attitude change in Marrone right from the first day of camp. Granted, it did get repetitive at times, but they were still right.

I love those commercials LOL...and the jingle. However, i did think it was Robinson and not Rott and Son :doh::lol:

Yeah, I don't think they are always wrong...but the arguments, or points, just get so repetitive...made me realize, I just don't need that much coverage...

"Everything about Jan's Smoke Shop.....is smokin!"

Stick two ice picks in my ears, please.

I love those jingles...on the app you only get a few commercials...and that is one of them.

I listen mostly to on demand, and am constantly amazed they cannot sell ads to national advertisers for the app and on demand.

And I'm sure he talked about the Bills that day as well. Their show is what, four hours long?

Yep. Like it or not, Buffalo has one sports radio station. They have to split that between the two major teams, focusing mostly on them ovbiously, but still need to throw in some baseball, college sports, basketball, plus non team sports like golf, car racing, tennis etc.

Original Pizza logs is the best jingle ever by the way.

I have to admit, I love that jingle...really catchy. Sounds like a throwback to a bygone era. :)

Their commercials are the worst...can't stand them. I sing this over their jingle to drown it out. 0:)

"William C's rotten son...ste-e-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeals your phone."

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone listening today?

Schopp is in rare form. He hates the Icognito signing.

Entertaining listening for those who like Schopp, and even more entertaining for those who despise him.

Did he not rail against the Bills last season for NOT signing Incognito when we needed O-line help.

All I am going to say is the first time Lebron was a free agent he had a big show a few days before free agency started. It was one of the few times I ever called in and I said look for Lebron to team up with Bosh and Rose in Chicago, or Bosh and Wade in Miami. He then started to criticize my point with things like "Do you think Lebron really wants to play with other stars", amongst other things. Before I was given a chance to respond he hung up on me and continued to criticize my opinion. While he is not the biggest hack at WGR, he is at least half of one.

Edited by Proteus

I know right. I called in today and last week. Each time he asked me a ? Trying to slip me up. But both time I had a good response. So he cuts me off,and mis interprets my point. One was about Sanchez vs manual. I was about to say how Sanchez was a turn over machine. But he cut me of right when I was about to say it. And today I said it was my opinion that it was a "Belichik" type move to pick up Incognito.

I know right. I called in today and last week. Each time he asked me a ? Trying to slip me up. But both time I had a good response. So he cuts me off,and mis interprets my point. One was about Sanchez vs manual. I was about to say how Sanchez was a turn over machine. But he cut me of right when I was about to say it. And today I said it was my opinion that it was a "Belichik" type move to pick up Incognito.

Hahah, that was you? Yeah, his response was something like it's not a Belichick type move because he decided not to pick him up last year after his suspension was over.

Interesting on how everyone HATES Schopp and wants him off the air, yet this thread is 12 pages long with "did ya hear him today?!"

That's more a function of being the only Buffalo sports talk station more than anything. Edited by PromoTheRobot

Weird. I never heard that phrase until yesterday while talking to a friend about my situation.

I can't remember where I first heard it but it always struck me as funny.

On the topic of Schopp, I did enjoy listening to him ask Paul Hamilton "are you surprised, though?" about 5 times in a row about Incognito. What an interview!