I would love to be a mouse in the room on Monday

Jmsbills

All I want for Christmas is to be in the room on Monday or whenever in the next week or two - when the Bills brass meets. It would be nice to hear what they are " really thinking" if they have any faith in EJ or really believe that Orton is the answer. What are the plans going forward? All we get is lip service and the company line. I want to know what Kim and Terry really think? I want to know what Doug W. is thinking, after all he drafted EJ or says he was fully on board with the pick. At this point in time we are all confused and wondering what is going to happen moving forward. I do not like to change coaching every two or three years - but what is the long term plan - do we have one- I am not sure. Have the coaching staff and the front office already given up on EJ - if so based on what - ( I do not see how they really believe Orton gives us a better chance to win) if so what are the plans going forward? Only time will tell and we will never get the real truth it just the way it goes in the NFL. Everyone has a Merry Christmas and let's all hope our wishes come true. GO BILLS

Someone get me Buddy the Wonderdog on the phone! Or is he still slurping up Heady Toppers?

Why? Nothing will be done. it will be the same old **** staff and Front office next year.

Awwww, nice of our own little ray of sunshine to chime in with an opinion we've never heard expressed by him. :beer:

Edited by Heitz

Maybe they will conference call buddy nix in and we can get that guy to tape it

I know that everyone is frustrated, but Buddy Nix laid the groundwork for this defense.

I don't think that a major coaching overhaul would be wise. Teams that constantly make major changes in the coaching staff most often end up on a continuous treadmill of poor results.

While I think youth and talent on the OL is the biggest problem, I would not be too surprised to see a change in OL coach. I don't expect Hackett to be fired - his hands were really tied by poor OL play, injuries at RB, mediocre QB play and inexperience at WR.

Edited by OldTimer1960

While I think youth and talent on the OL is the biggest problem, I would not be too surprised to see a change in OL coach. I don't expect Hackett to be fired - his hands were really tied by poor OL play, injuries at RB, Medicare QB play and inexperience at WR.

I'm not trying to sound condescending or sarcastic, because I pretty much feel that Hackett should be back next year, as often there are WRs open, just being missed or QB destroyed before he says "hut", but at what point does Hackett, and to a lesser extent Marrone, become responsible for the things you listed (except for injuries)? Doesn't a good OC put his QB in good situations where his weakness are masked, design blocking schemes and plays to lighten the burden on a struggling OL, and overcome inexperience at WR?

I'm not trying to sound condescending or sarcastic, because I pretty much feel that Hackett should be back next year, as often there are WRs open, just being missed or QB destroyed before he says "hut", but at what point does Hackett, and to a lesser extent Marrone, become responsible for the things you listed (except for injuries)? Doesn't a good OC put his QB in good situations where his weakness are masked, design blocking schemes and plays to lighten the burden on a struggling OL, and overcome inexperience at WR?

How would you suggest scheming around an OL that can't open running lanes and can't pass block? I think that they've tried getting the ball out of Orton's hands quickly, but folks complain that they "never go deep". Unfortunately, the OL hasn't held up in pass protection long enough to go deep. I think that they've tried screens, but OL blocking for the WR/RB on those has been poor. They've tried running the ball inside and wide, both without a lot of effectiveness.

The poor pass protection means that opposing DBs can play tight to the line not needing to fear getting beat deep. This also further clogs running lanes for a team that can't create holes to begin with.

Offensive scheming requires at least *some* kind of strength to play to.

I really think that they knew that they needed OL help last offseason. Unfortunately, either Kuandjo and Richardson are not yet ready or they misfired on those picks. I give them credit that they knew what needed help, but the reinforcements didn't work out. After watching Cyril Richardson be abused during Senior Bowl practices, it isn't surprising that he wasn't a help this year. Kuandjo was a bigger let down. I know that I thought that he would help when they drafted him, but the preseason showed that he couldn't play at the NFL level - at least not yet.

How would you suggest scheming around an OL that can't open running lanes and can't pass block?

3 wide, and spread the field horizontally instead of vertically, with occasional downfield shots keying on misdirection primarily..... stacking in extra bad blockers doesnt seem to be smart, as its just getting extra pass rushers and run stuffers on the field.

New England vs Buffalo : 23-21

Buffalo vs New England : 20-34

New England vs Buffalo : 22-37

Nothing really stands out as a dumpster fire.

The first one, EJ was the QB, Thad Lewis played in the second one and Orton played this year against them.

I think Pegula boots Brandon and Kelly takes his job.

Whaley stays, fires Marrone and gets to pick his new HC.

They go after a coach with vast expirence.

Bills dominate in 2015 and beat Seattle in the Super Bowl

I can dream.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Someone get me Buddy the Wonderdog on the phone! Or is he still slurping up Heady Toppers?

Awwww, nice of our own little ray of sunshine to chime in with an opinion we've never heard expressed by him. :beer:

Heady Toppers ? oh my! :beer:

I know that everyone is frustrated, but Buddy Nix laid the groundwork for this defense.

I don't think that a major coaching overhaul would be wise. Teams that constantly make major changes in the coaching staff most often end up on a continuous treadmill of poor results.

While I think youth and talent on the OL is the biggest problem, I would not be too surprised to see a change in OL coach. I don't expect Hackett to be fired - his hands were really tied by poor OL play, injuries at RB, mediocre QB play and inexperience at WR.

The O line coach and perhaps WR coaching. Maybe some dialing in on those areas. I dont expect anything major either.

Be interesting to see how the QB situation is handled by Whaley.

Bills cant sit on their hand on this issue and hope.

Good post 1960 !

I wanna be a fly on that mouse.

GO BILLS!!!

I want a flying mouse !

Have you opened all your presents yet?

We had flying squirrels in our attic. That was no gift!

LOL thanks for the laugh Augie.

Have had red squirrels in the attic before. and they are nasty. I hope your squirrels did no damage !

I do have bats in my belfry though : )

is a mouse in the room like... a fly on the wall or?

Of all the things one could choose to be (that would also be in that room) a mouse seems like a strange choice. But it got me thinking, if the OP were a mouse in that room, then came back and shared what he heard there, would that make him a rat?

I think Pegula boots Brandon and Kelly takes his job.

Whaley stays, fires Marrone and gets to pick his new HC.

They go after a coach with vast expirence.

Bills dominate in 2015 and beat Seattle in the Super Bowl

I can dream.

Kelly who? JIM Kelly? To take a job that has huge marketing responsibilities? Or would you give him more power (probably more than Brandon has now)? You do understand that Jim Kelly has ZERO managerial or coaching experience in the NFL. I love and respect the guy as our former QB. And I feel badly for his health issues. But had JK had ANY interest in being in management of an NFL team, he should have been doing the work one needs to do that position well. Has he taken one assistant position? Has he shown a great deal of savvy in running businesses of any substantial size? He has done a nice job with his non-profit work for Hunter's Hope, but that hardly qualifies him for a top NFL exec position.

That's not a dream, it's delirium.

Of all the things one could choose to be (that would also be in that room) a mouse seems like a strange choice. But it got me thinking, if the OP were a mouse in that room, then came back and shared what he heard there, would that make him a rat?

Kelly who? JIM Kelly? To take a job that has huge marketing responsibilities? Or would you give him more power (probably more than Brandon has now)? You do understand that Jim Kelly has ZERO managerial or coaching experience in the NFL. I love and respect the guy as our former QB. And I feel badly for his health issues. But had JK had ANY interest in being in management of an NFL team, he should have been doing the work one needs to do that position well. Has he taken one assistant position? Has he shown a great deal of savvy in running businesses of any substantial size? He has done a nice job with his non-profit work for Hunter's Hope, but that hardly qualifies him for a top NFL exec position.

That's not a dream, it's delirium.

I agree with this. People hate Russ Brandon for some odd reason. Maybe they put all of the issues of the last 15 years solely on his shoulders just so they have someone to blame. Personally, I believe he has done an excellent job in keeping the organization afloat in Ralph's final days and helping with the sale process and transition to the Pegula's. I don't believe he will have a role with the football operations side of the business moving forward, but I do believe he will be a major part of the Pegula Sports and Entertainment business. He is great at what he does, is excellent at marketing and from some friends who know him, he is a really great guy with strong local connections. I don't really understand the hate towards him. I think the Bills are lucky to have him.

As for Kelly assuming Russ's position, NOT IN A MILLION YEARS. Love Jimbo, but he is not qualified and not smart enough to do 10% of the things Russ has been responsible for. In my opinion, the closest Jim Kelly gets to working for the Bills is if the Pegula's decide to use him in some sort of Ambassador role for marketing and potential UFA recruitment purposes. I do not expect Jim to have a major, day-to-day role with the Bills.

As for Kelly assuming Russ's position, NOT IN A MILLION YEARS. Love Jimbo, but he is not qualified and not smart enough to do 10% of the things Russ has been responsible for. In my opinion, the closest Jim Kelly gets to working for the Bills is if the Pegula's decide to use him in some sort of Ambassador role for marketing and potential UFA recruitment purposes. I do not expect Jim to have a major, day-to-day role with the Bills.

The perfect role for him. They'd be crazy not to use him if he is available and willing.

I believe he already does this to an extent

Agreed. But I could never tell if it was a formal job. Sometimes I think he just did some stuff for Ralph. I think the Bills could give him an official "Ambassador" type position. That would be a nice touch, IMO.