Jim Harbaugh

Expect Marrone to be gone at the end of the season. Pegula will want his own people running things. The only way Marrone was staying was if the Bills made a deep playoff push. He's hoping if the Bills win on Sunday, that he'll still have a job, that's why he's playing Orton instead of Manuel.

Harbaugh's success is not exclusively his own. That 49's team that he inherited was talented from top to bottom, left to right. He is a good coach who landed a gig with talent on hand from the previous regime. Rex Ryan benefited too from a roster that was headed towards a high physical peak themselves, built under the previous regime. These guys are very good coaches, but you have to have a sense of proportion when weighed against their respective rosters at a given point in time. The 49'rs level of talent is trailing off and so too are the wins. Go figure. Besides, he lost to the lowly Raiders.

I think your logic for #2 applies to every other bills team of the last 15 years but not to this team.... There are a couple attractive things we have now:

1. Stable Ownership (most important factor)

2. May be willing to offer him full control over personell

3. Talented defense with depth and plenty of young talent

4. Pegula can afford to pay him

5. He would be a god in this town the day he signed.

No established coach will want to come to a team with no starting QB, and no 1st round draft pick in the upcoming draft to get one.

Any large market team can pay what Pegula will pay.

Edited by CodeMonkey

thank god you mentioned this....took over a loaded teams with #1 picks all over the field - he's a descent coach but he's not gonna out coach anyone, he's looking to be the coach/gm with total control ....not here bud.

AND he's available why again??????

Exactly. The team that he goes to (and there are some desperate teams out there) should think short term contract with incentives. And sign it with a pencil.

Sorry, but Harbaugh is 51 years old. I know our cupboards are bare at QB, but we should really go with someone under 35 IMO.

Spoken with the true wisdom that comes from experience.

I know he won't be coming.

He is overrated. He has good coordinators, is a good coach but he's not all that. His teams overachieved the past few years and have underachieved just as much. They'll never get far in the West as it is.

The 9ers remind me of the Eagles last decade.

How'd they over achieved? They were stacked with gore, Willis, Davis, bowman, Crabtree, smith anchoring a stout front 4 Boldin... The list goes on.

So the word here is he 1000 percent going to announce he is going to M after the season. Done deal. I have no idea how credible the source is but from within OSU program.

Competition and the buzz would be good for the entire Big 10. OSU needs at least one good win every year, and what could be better and more rewarding than beating a Harbaugh?

How'd they over achieved? They were stacked with gore, Willis, Davis, bowman, Crabtree, smith anchoring a stout front 4 Boldin... The list goes on.

in their division, they overachieved. its a very tough division, they won games they shouldn't have won and had no business winning. then facing the Panthers in the playoffs was a joke, the Panthers were ten times more overrated last year and ten times overachieved.

you mean sounds like every coach in the NFL.

It's league wide thing. There is strategy to it. It's called field position. But I think if you trust your D to get you the ball right back why not trust them to stop the other team on a short field.

YE OLE concurs, my good friend! The worst part of the field position battle that seems to get guys like Marrone so jazzed is how little is gained. The fact is every time he elects to punt around the opponents 40 yard line we end up with a touchback OR Schmidt's latest trick is pooching it down there to force a fair catch right around the 18-19 yard line. Who cares about that? If we actually got the opposition pinned down down around their own goal line I could see the benefit. The problem is it's a lot higher percentage that you pick up 4th and 1 than down a punt inside the 5.

It kind of gets back to Marrone punting down 2 scores late in the game. Better chance of getting a first down there than recovering an onside kick.