Jim Harbaugh

did you watch any 49'ers football recently?

he took mike singletary's talent, did some good things, then ran that team into the ground.

Explain his success then at Stanford. They were an awful football program with probably the hardest academic standards in all of D1. Before that he dominated at the University of San Diego.

Alex Smith was a bust before him. He may be annoying but he wins everywhere he goes. Stop hating on his khakis. I'd fire Marrone tonight if we could ever get him.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone caught Marcellus Wiley on the Dan Le Batard radio show the other night...I think it was last Friday...But Wiley said he was contacted twice out-of-the-blue by people he really trusted, neither knowing that the other had called, and both told him Harbaugh to Michigan was all but a done deal...The only remaining bump was getting out of the San Fran deal clean...Wiley seemed pretty convinced these sources were solid...He did say Harbaugh has time to change his mind...But apparently he's really draw towards the opportunity to turn his Alma Mater around...And he's getting HUGE pressure from all his Michigan buddies to do so...

Go Blue... B-)

If Kim and Terry are truly determined to deliver us a winning franchise there is no reason why going after Harbaugh shouldnt be in the fold.

Jim Harbaugh may be a jerk and an obnoxious guy to watch on the sidelines but you cannot argue with his success and his philosophy for building a team through strong defense and running game. Its not very often you get a coach of his caliber hitting the open market and IMO there is no reason why the Bills shouldnt make every effort available to court him to our town.

You cannot argue with 3 straight NFC championship appearences and 1 play away from a superbowl title.

Thoughts?

HARBAUGH ALL THE WAY, PAY THE MAN TERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did you watch any 49'ers football recently?

he took mike singletary's talent, did some good things, then ran that team into the ground.

No the front office distraction did

What the folks on TV say is that is wife really does not want to leave the Bay Area and go to Ann Arbor. She enjoys the lifestyle in the Bay Area when compared to Ann Arbor.

And yall think she is going to be on board moving to Buffalo? Not enough money in any offer for him to put up with a cranky wife for 5 years.

Edited by plenzmd1

What the folks on TV say is that is wife really does not want to leave the Bay Area and go to Ann Arbor. She enjoys the lifestyle in the Bay Area when compared to Ann Arbor.

And yall think she is going to be on board moving to Buffalo? Not enough money in any offer for him to put up with a cranky wife for 5 years.

I also heard more recently that all of harbaighs family and friends are pushin him to Michigan. I would have to assume that includes his wife.

I have a big post on why I would love Urban Meyer as coach but I'd take Harbaugh over everyone if at all possible.

Yeah it would totally suck to have all the players hate the coach while they're playing in their 3rd consecutive conference championship game. I'd much rather everyone like our coach!

I'm not saying Harbaugh should come here or that he would even have success here, but we clearly need to upgrade the coaching staff and someone with his track record could be nothing but positive for our team of under achievers.

If Kim and Terry are truly determined to deliver us a winning franchise there is no reason why going after Harbaugh shouldnt be in the fold.

Jim Harbaugh may be a jerk and an obnoxious guy to watch on the sidelines but you cannot argue with his success and his philosophy for building a team through strong defense and running game. Its not very often you get a coach of his caliber hitting the open market and IMO there is no reason why the Bills shouldnt make every effort available to court him to our town.

You cannot argue with 3 straight NFC championship appearences and 1 play away from a superbowl title.

Thoughts?

Marrone is getting at least one more year and Harbaugh would NEVER come to Buffalo. Never.

HARBAUGH ALL THE WAY, PAY THE MAN TERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michigan is pretty damn serious about trying to get Harbaugh.

Latest contract offer was rumored to be $48M / 6 Years.

To put that into perspective, that's more than Saban is making at Bama.

Marrone is getting at least one more year and Harbaugh would NEVER come to Buffalo. Never.

I guess that ends that. Word has come down from the mountain etched in stone, obviously.

Of course he could dump her to take the job like Jimmie Johnson did: http://profootballzone.com/nfl/jimmy-johnson-divorced-his-wife-to-coach-the-cowboys/

He just signed a huge extension with ESPN.

He is not going anywhere

CBF

I hope he stays in the booth and away from the Bills. He was not universally beloved in Tampa by the players or fans. Ask Keenan McCardell or Simeon Rice who called his a "scum bag". But they guy won a SB with Dungy's team and beat an offense he designed. More good fortune than genius. He was also involved with his sons high school football, and my exposure there left a very bad taste. Having said that, I do enjoy him in the booth far more than anywhere near me.

Oh, and more on point, Harbaugh is a nut case. I respect what he's done, but I'm not sure how long his schtick can last.

Edited by Augie

Nope, no thanks. My guess is he goes to Oakland. Young promising qb, and talent on defense. Plus his wife gets to stay in the bay area, which ALL the reports I've read say she desperately want to do. Plus his bro has a sb ring and he can't get one of those in CFB.