Another QB thread. FA QB's for 2015

boyst

I'd love to see Bradford here. He's had terrible luck with injuries, I think he's our only realistic option that'd be a sure upgrade from Orton/EJ. Now we just have to hope he gets released...

I highly doubt Cutler is going anywhere, but he'd be a big upgrade too.

If No Bradford or Cutler, we wait another year.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically we're screwed until we can draft AND develop a successful QB.

We may be able to draft a guy (EJ still is qualified on paper), but in no way can our joke of a coaching staff develop a QB.

This. So sad to see this defense wasted. They're really ******* good

Seeing as we are where we are at with no number one pick to generate a franchise changing pick in next years draft i thought i would gather some names & see what you all think of these available guys & just throw them out there .

Bills- EJ & Orton

St. Louis - Sam Bradford

Eagles - Sanchez

Browns - Hoyer

R Skins - RG 3

Bucs - Mike Glennon

Texans - Mallet & Shaub

Bengals - Jason Campell & AJ McCarron

Fins - Matt Moore

Raiders - Matt Mcgloin

? - Arron Murray

? - Landry Jones

Cards - Drew Stanton

Last but not least - Fitz

Fitz will never happen but all of these guys could be had at a reasonable price .

AJ McCarron - Landry Jones - Bradford - Matt Moore could all be had pretty cheap i'm thinking & the first 2 were great QB's n college & did a lot more than EJ & i think will be really good NFL QB's

Just Throwing it out there !!

I would take Glennon or McGloin. In that order. And no one else on the list.

Both have shown flashes of being real NFL qbs. But to me, McGloin is basically Tuel. A gamer and slinger. Glennon has the prototype height and arm to be a true Franchise guy, if he can get it together.

How many 1st rounders become franchise changing picks......let alone franchise changing in their rookie seasons?

Translation: blah blah blah I want EJ to be given ten more chances blah blah blah.

Translation: blah blah blah I want EJ to be given ten more chances blah blah blah.

Wrong and rude.

I was purely commenting on....well, on what I wrote. I had no hidden messege about EJ whatsoever.

His performance in 2013 before he got hurt again. He had decent stats despite playing in a really tough division with the least talented team. He has an accurate long ball.

And despite all that mad skill the Rams have won bupkis with him. No thank you.

I don't want anyone on that list. I just puked in my mouth a little. We're in trouble if we can't land one in the draft.

And who do you want in the draft and what are the odds whoever they could possibly get in the draft would be able to step in and play right away? Bills will need another QB most likely from that list regardless of if they draft a QB and even if they keep Orton.

I'm actually starting to come around on the thought of Bradford assuming Rams cut him. Yes he has had injuries but how often does a player like him become available as a free agent? Former number 1 overall pick who has had success in the league even though he had very little talent around him.

I also think RG3 and Cutler would be worth pursuing in a trade simply because they both are still young enough that they can potentially turn things around. I actually like Glennon who IMO had played well all things considered, no idea what Lovie is thinking playing McCown

I'm sure the Bills will take a QB in the draft next year if there is one there worth taking but this team is setup to contend now so they will need to look elsewhere for their starting QB next year.

Edited by Max997

The Rams have not been a good team since before they even drafted Bradford and have not given him much at all to work with on offense but yeah let's blame Bradford. How bad has the Rams offensive line been for him? How about the running game and Wide Receivers?

Bradford is a former number 1 pick who has played on bad teams without much talent around him on offense and has not been able to stay healthy but he still has talent, could prob benefit from a change of scenery and will most likely be available without having to give up a pick

Edited by Max997

Here's a couple more for you:

Detroit Lions - Kellen Moore

Tennessee Titans - Jake Locker

Washington Redskins - Colt McCoy

Kellen Moore threw a ton of TD passes in college and won a ton of games. Jake Locker has looked really good the last couple of years (when not injured, similar to Bradford).

The Rams have not been a good team since before they even drafted Bradford and have not given him much at all to work with on offense but yeah let's blame Bradford. How bad has the Rams offensive line been for him? How about the running game and Wide Receivers?

Bradford is a former number 1 pick who has played on bad teams without much talent around him on offense and has not been able to stay healthy but he still has talent, could prob benefit from a change of scenery and will most likely be available without having to give up a pick

Blaming QBs for losses is what we do, bro. In fact the law of TBD says that a team's W-L record is 100% on the QB. Are you saying that isn't the case?

Name the best Rams' skill player the last six years. Now name the next best.

The Rams have had serious OLine/WR/RB questions and terrible coaching since Bradford's been there. Fisher is the first stable, successful coach they've had. NFL teams aren't successful without all the parts working together. Bradford has a ton of ability but his situation has been garbage and now that it's improving, he can't stay healthy.

Name the best Rams' skill player the last six years. Now name the next best.

The Rams have had serious OLine/WR/RB questions and terrible coaching since Bradford's been there. Fisher is the first stable, successful coach they've had. NFL teams aren't successful without all the parts working together. Bradford has a ton of ability but his situation has been garbage and now that it's improving, he can't stay healthy.

I'm with you on this, but so skeptical about his ability to stay healthy that, for me, it is a "buyer beware" situation.

Part of the reason the Rams are in a funk is that Bradford makes mad money but can't stay healthy. No team should make the mistake of allocating a disproportionate amount of resources toward him for that reason. If the deal is good, then sure, why not? But I suspect that in today's NFL, a good deal on a QB free agent is hard to find.

I'm with you on this, but so skeptical about his ability to stay healthy that, for me, it is a "buyer beware" situation.

Part of the reason the Rams are in a funk is that Bradford makes mad money but can't stay healthy. No team should make the mistake of allocating a disproportionate amount of resources toward him for that reason. If the deal is good, then sure, why not? But I suspect that in today's NFL, a good deal on a QB free agent is hard to find.

I think at this point the Bills should be willing to take the risk at going after Bradford. He has played 2 full seasons and part of another. There isn't much else out there. So it's either ride with Orton or find someone in FA. I don't think someone in the draft where the Bills are picking will be able to come in and lead this team. Maybe EJ figures something out but I think it's a long shot at this point.

Sam Bradford, if he stays healthy, I feel he will still be outstanding. In St. Louis he never had WRs like Watkins and woods. Build him a line and when Miami drops Philbin get him to be the OC.

Frogger, I like where your heads at. I also would be fine with firing Marrone and hiring Philbin. He handled an awful situation well with the lineman gate. He also has done a good job in building a decent program in Miami. Having a defense like ours, and some skilled players on offense, I bet he could get Spiller back to form.

Only coaches who know how to use a guy like Sproles (he's the best comparison to Spiller) will get excellent production out of Spiller. Making Spiller a guy as a cut back runner downhill is a mistake. With Fred's age, I'd look for an Eddy Lacey type in the draft to balance Spiller as a 1-2 combination, and still keep Fred as the third back. He's the best pass protector in the NFL.

Frogger, I like where your heads at. I also would be fine with firing Marrone and hiring Philbin. He handled an awful situation well with the lineman gate. He also has done a good job in building a decent program in Miami. Having a defense like ours, and some skilled players on offense, I bet he could get Spiller back to form.

Only coaches who know how to use a guy like Sproles (he's the best comparison to Spiller) will get excellent production out of Spiller. Making Spiller a guy as a cut back runner downhill is a mistake. With Fred's age, I'd look for an Eddy Lacey type in the draft to balance Spiller as a 1-2 combination, and still keep Fred as the third back. He's the best pass protector in the NFL.

Philbin is terrible, I live in sofla and the consensus here is that he's clueless to what's going on in his locker room. He's too soft spoken in many peoples opinion.

Eli Manning will be going into final year of contract and only cost the Giants $2.25 million to release or $19.75 million to keep without a new deal. I have to believe there are a lot of changes coming for the Giants and maybe he is one of them.

With that said Manning will be 34 and he may have had his best years already.

Philban is awful. Get ready to watch the Dolphins have another late season collapse. Its what he does best.

This guy is DJ with a better defense and QB