Another QB thread. FA QB's for 2015

boyst

So Orton is not the answer. If you want a playoff team any time soon, I don't think Manuel is either. And of course, no 1st round pick in 2015. So what should happen? This defense - although not perfect - is a pretty special one. I don't see how the guys on this roster (especially on D) would buy into developing Manuel for another year. And I know most fans won't (if that matters). Maybe he can be the guy, but let him be a backup for now. Or at the very least, bring in someone other than Orton and let Manuel compete for the job.

So if we want to take advantage of this defense and this receiver talent, who do we go for? There may be a lot of guys available come March 2015, including:

Newton

RG III

Cutler

Bradford

Hoyer

Sanchez

Mallett

McCoy

These aren't necessarily great names, and some of them might even seem downright ugly. My two cents - if there's a shot at getting Cam Newton, I'd go after it hard. Fire away.

Edited by STC

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Newton hits FA you have to go after him, but he won't. Mallet, McCoy and Hoyer would be good back-ups, being Mallet the only unknown that could surprise.

If they bring in a guy, I'd want a guy who can start and win. I don't see the point if it's another back-up. They'd have to make a pretty bold move.

Bradford

I like the Bradford idea as well. I don't think he's done.

For God's sake bring everyone of them in...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep the best 3...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to figure this crap out once and for all..!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone really have any faith in this team that they will be able to pick the best player off a list...?????????? Bring every single QB in FA in and keep the best 3..!

For God's sake bring everyone of them in...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep the best 3...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need to figure this crap out once and for all..!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone really have any faith in this team that they will be able to pick the best player off a list...?????????? Bring every single QB in FA in and keep the best 3..!

Don't get me wrong. I have no faith in their selection ability. Zero. I'm hoping for an accident. Ralph accidentally found Polian. The USFL folded and we got Kelly back. It has been a while. We're due for another accident.

So Orton is not the answer. If you want a playoff team any time soon, I don't think Manuel is either. And of course, no 1st round pick in 2015. So what should happen? This defense - although not perfect - is a pretty special one. I don't see how the guys on this roster (especially on D) would buy into developing Manuel for another year. And I know most fans won't (if that matters). Maybe he can be the guy, but let him be a backup for now. Or at the very least, bring in someone other than Orton and let Manuel compete for the job.

So if we want to take advantage of this defense and this receiver talent, who do we go for? There may be a lot of guys available come March 2015, including:

Newton

RG III

Cutler

Bradford

Hoyer

Sanchez

Mallett

McCoy

These aren't necessarily great names, and some of them might even seem downright ugly. My two cents - if there's a shot at getting Cam Newton, I'd go after it hard. Fire away.

Whichever QB wears a tinted visor...that's our guy.

in order

Newton

Bradford

Mallett

Newton and Bradford are not going to be FA's.

Mallet is set to be a FA, the only one not named Sanchez that might be worth having on a roster. Mallet couldn't even beat out Fitzpatrick, mind you.

Newton and Bradford are not going to be FA's.

Mallet is set to be a FA, the only one not named Sanchez that might be worth having on a roster. Mallet couldn't even beat out Fitzpatrick, mind you.

newton I agree with ya.

St Louis saves $13 mil by cutting Bradford. I say they will.

fitz was benched in favor of mallet a couple weeks ago, but mallet got injured in first game. tried to play through it in 2nd game.

Well, they've been getting lists for 10 - 15 years, and still haven't figured it out....