The next 7 games of the Bills season:

10/12 - vs. NE*

10/19 - vs. MIN

10/26 - @ NJJ

11/9 - vs. KC

11/13 - @ MIA (Thursday Night)

11/23 - vs. NJJ

11/30 - vs. CLE

My outlook on the schedule has shifted significantly as the season has progressed, and looking at the next seven games, I do not see a game that we are not more than capable of winning. Could the Bills possibly be unbeaten in October and November? I am not making a guarantee or prediction in any way, but see it as a distinct possibility.

Which of these teams truly scare you? I don't see a game that makes me go, "Jeez... that's gonna be a tough one," until we play @ DEN on 12/7.

The Bills, if they play to their talent level, could exit November with a 10-2 record... hell, even if they fall to NE this weekend, 9-3 after 12 games looks like something good to me. They are then @ DEN (tough to beat Manning, especially at home), vs. GB (this team is tough, but who knows how they may be impacted playing in a raucous Ralph), @ OAK (the worst team in the league, nuff said), and @ NE* (could be a pivotal game with the division on the line).

Supposed the bills split the last 4, or even go 1-3... this season could be something spectacular, boys and girls.

GO BILLS!

- edited to correct for omitted asterisk on the last mention of NE*

Edited by devldog131

All winnable. At Jersey usually tough but wow are they bad. NE is critical. Also, TNF games, even tho it is against our B*tch, are very tough to win for the road team and they will be desperate to beat us. Might even get 20k fans.

They should have an "Orange Out" at Sun Life stadium. Maybe then all of the empty seats could be mistaken for fans...

If we play to our capability, we can win each game. But, this being the NFL, and us not being dominating. I'm realistically expecting a 4-3 run.

I can see potential losses to NE* and KC, but who else in the next seven weeks do you see being as big a threat as those two to give us the third "L"?

I can see potential losses to NE* and KC, but who else in the next seven weeks do you see being as big a threat as those two to give us the third "L"?

Cleveland came back from 25 down on the road to win yesterday against the Titans. This will be an emotional and tough game. (Unless of course Hoyer gets hurt and they have to play JFF)

I agree that the Bills are capable of winning any of these games, but lots can happen over the course of seven weeks.

NE and KC will be tough. I think we will beat NE next week and take control of the division.

Looking back, with Orton playing like he did yesterday, I think the Houston game is a Win and the SD game likely is too. We could be undefeated right now with a do-over.

Hypothetical, but I think that says a lot about our chances moving forward.

10/12 - vs. NE* - WIN

10/19 - vs. MIN - WIN

10/26 - @ NJJ - WIN

11/9 - vs. KC - WIN

11/13 - @ MIA (Thursday Night) WIN

11/23 - vs. NJJ - WIN

11/30 - vs. CLE WIN

...And we win the division...

I like the way you think.

10/12 - vs. NE* ------ Bills W

10/19 - vs. MIN ------ Bills W

10/26 - @ NJJ ------ Bills W

11/9 - vs. KC ------ Bills W

11/13 - @ MIA (Thursday Night) ------ Bills W

11/23 - vs. NJJ ------ Bills W

11/30 - vs. CLE ------ Bills W

10 and 2???

its the stretch following that will decide their fate.

Denver, GB, @ NE Putrids

KC @ Buffalo won't be as tough as if Buffalo was @ KC.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

yeah i'd be happy with 4 or 5 wins. if we beat NE i'd be very happy. but yeah i see NE, KC, and CLE as the toughest games. CLE is a much better team than their record shows, NE has been jeckl and hyde this season depends on which team shows up. KC has been pretty good this season as well.

They can win any of those games, but because of parity, they won't win them all. You need a lot of luck. The Bills got it yesterday in the form of the soon to be late Lions kicker Henery...

If they can beat the Pats, their confidence will take off, and the division will be had... IF....

Never underestimate the power of injuries and NFL parity to throw a wrench in your win/loss predictions.

We will lose some players to injury over this stretch. How many, which ones, and for how long?

Also, there will be a game in that stretch that we win but should have lost; and the reverse as well.

Then there's the game result you didn't see coming (good or bad) and so on.

What we can say is that with a tiny sample size of 5 games, we win at a rate of 60%.

Apply that to the next 7, and we should win 4 of them.

But that statistic is largely comprised of games with EJ as the QB; he's gone now.

Also, the Orton we saw against Detroit is not the Orton we will see rolling forward. He will get much better on a very steep curve for a while.

That guy had rust so thick they had to get out the plasma torch and diamond-tipped cutting wheel to get it off.

It started to chip off nicely as the game went on. It is still hard to predict his future performance based on what we've seen thus far, though.

Overall, I think things "Look good" for the next while.

Let's see how it plays out. I will define "good success" over this next 7 if we can somehow win 5 or more of the games.

NE will be very tough, even at home with the fans in a frenzy. Brady has made a ton of money kicking our ass for over a decade. This week tells me everything I need to know about this team. Can they beat the best?

The bears look a mess and Miami is terrible. How good are the lions?

Couldn't agree more. This game coming maybe the most important home game this has played this decade(I know that is not saying much). It goes beyond wins/losses here. If NE wins, even with their early struggles although the gap is closing it will feel like the same old same old. If we win, we are now alone in first place in the division with wins already against the phins & pats. This game will tell a lot of how the rest of our season is going to go.

My outlook on the schedule has shifted significantly as the season has progressed, and looking at the next seven games, I do not see a game that we are not more than capable of winning. Could the Bills possibly be unbeaten in October and November? I am not making a guarantee or prediction in any way, but see it as a distinct possibility.

Which of these teams truly scare you? I don't see a game that makes me go, "Jeez... that's gonna be a tough one," until we play @ DEN on 12/7.

While I think each of them is winnable with the talent we have, it depends on how we play this Sunday. If we shake off the perennial inferiority complex we have towards the Pats* and beat them, it will make me a LOT more optimistic regarding the other games.

We need KyleW and Bradham back, big time.

I think that the Bills go 5-2 over the next 7 (losing at Jets & at Fins). That puts them at 8-4 with with games at Denver, Oakland, New England and home to GB left. Oakland should be win number 9 which may be enough but any of those other 3 games puts you at 10 and probably in the playoffs.

Can anyone remember the last time the Bills (or any team) won all of the games they were "supposed to"? To have a realistic shot at the division, we probably need 5 of these, maybe 6, seeing as how brutal our last 6 games are. And I see the NE and KC games as toss ups rather than "should wins." Still, 3-2 is a good place to be, and our schedule coming up is favorable. Let's hope these trends continue.

I think it's impossible to predict wins-losses in today's NFL, as others have said due to parity...but what makes *THIS* season different, is the feeling and belief that the BILLS could win any of those games and virtually any game on the schedule except for maybe Denver, but even Green Bay, as good as they are - have their ugly warts and at home it makes a big difference....so, no way to guess how many wins / losses the BILLS will have after the next 7 games, but at least for now it feels good to know they could win any of them and may win the majority of them...Orton and QB play will most likley be the deciding factor for the rest of this year, good - bad - or ugly..

I'd be happy with 4 out of the 7 Cleve NE* and KC being my picks for those losses but anything can happen, which is why I'll be watching.

3 out of the last 4 could very easily be losses too. 9&7 might do the trick but if we are there I would think NE* wins the division and it might be 1 and out in the POs. BTW I like where we are at so far and am a bit more optimistic than I was a couple of days ago.

Edited by bowery4

It's not about which team specifically, it's about "any given Sunday" and our team not being significantly better than our opponents. Meaning that I agree with you on NE and KC being challenges, and the rest of the games we "should" win, but at least one of those opponents will play well, while we play bad, because humans are human, and things happen.

Edit: I should say, I expected to lose to Detroit this weekend, so maybe this team will continue to outplay my expectations. :)

Edited by Dorkington

NE will be very tough, even at home with the fans in a frenzy. Brady has made a ton of money kicking our ass for over a decade. This week tells me everything I need to know about this team. Can they beat the best?

Really? A who did they beat post.... :wallbash:

this site really pisses me off more than not....and this is following a win....

that being said, I am thinking 5-2 in the next 7...

10/12 - vs. NE* ------ Bills W

10/19 - vs. MIN ------ Bills W

10/26 - @ NJJ ------ Bills W

11/9 - vs. KC ------ Bills W

11/13 - @ MIA (Thursday Night) ------ Bills W

11/23 - vs. NJJ ------ Bills W

11/30 - vs. CLE ------ Bills W

10 and 2???

its the stretch following that will decide their fate.

Denver, GB, @ NE Putrids

KC @ Buffalo won't be as tough as if Buffalo was @ KC.

Wow you are really on a roll today huh? So playing the Chiefs at home is not as tough as playing them on the road. Very insightful.

Wow you are really on a roll today huh? So playing the Chiefs at home is not as tough as playing them on the road. Very insightful

Let me rephrase what I said,

The Chiefs will be easier to defeat in Buffalo than they would if the Bills went to KC.

Very insightful

How many thought Buffalo had a shot at defeating SD in Buffalo, yet would have laid big $$$ on SD in SD?

We go 5-2 in those games and we have a real shot at winning the division. While it will be difficult, it does seem possible!

What Could happen, (wishful thinking)

Sun, Oct 12 @ Bills 1:00 PM ------ L

Thu, Oct 16 vs. Jets 8:25 PM ------ W

Sun, Oct 26 vs. Bears 1:00 PM ------ L

Sun, Nov 2 vs. Broncos 4:25 PM ------ L

Sun, Nov 16 @ Colts 8:30 PM ------ L

Sun, Nov 23 vs. Lions 1:00 PM ------ W

Sun, Nov 30 @ Packers 4:25 PM ------ L

Sun, Dec 7 @ Chargers 8:30 PM ------ L

Remember the start of the season gauntlet that the national talking heads, and a lot of us, thought would be are undoing for the season?

The ones where the Bills should consider themselves lucky if they are 2-4 after six...some even said we could be 1-5?

Damn, if they get to 4-2 everything should look real good for the 6 that follow.

I could live with 8-4, but how much would you love 9-3 at the three quarter mark?!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

The Lions are about as good as the Bears, Dolphins, Saints, Eagles, Panthers, Chiefs, and about fifteen other teams including the Bills. Opinions on them will change wildly with each week, but in the end they're the same. A few of them will be luckier than others with injuries, favorable schedules & close games and make the playoffs. Next August we will all speak in disbelief at how there is so much turnover in the playoffs every year.

#NFL.

I know it's not rosy but going 4-3 through this stretch seems reasonable and would definitely be respectable. That would put us at 7-5 before the Denver-Green Bay gauntlet. Frankly, we're going to get annihilated in Mile High, and Green Bay will be very difficult as well, so I'm counting those as losses. We should be able to beat Oakland (even though it's an away game). It could come down to the game @ NE to determine if we make the playoffs. Just my two cents.

Let me rephrase what I said,

The Chiefs will be easier to defeat in Buffalo than they would if the Bills went to KC.

Very insightful

How many thought Buffalo had a shot at defeating SD in Buffalo, yet would have laid big $$$ on SD in SD?

Yes, again, home games are easier to win than road games. I don't think either of us are missing anything.

New England, KC, and Miami are all tough games, although KC at home coming off the bye helps.

I'm hoping to see some progress from Orton as he settles in. Definitely some good signs and well ahead of where EJ is right now.

Right now I just want to see us get our 4th win as soon as possible before worrying about wins 5 and beyond, and not look past New England. But hitting the bye at even 5-3 would be great, and set us up for that manageable four game November schedule before our more difficult December.