10/12 - vs. NE* - WIN

10/19 - vs. MIN - WIN

10/26 - @ NJJ - WIN

11/9 - vs. KC - WIN

11/13 - @ MIA (Thursday Night) WIN

11/23 - vs. NJJ - WIN

11/30 - vs. CLE WIN

...And we win the division...

Just a little optimistic this Monday morning, aren't we? At least you stopped short of crowning them SB champs

New England, KC, and Miami are all tough games, although KC at home coming off the bye helps.

I'm hoping to see some progress from Orton as he settles in. Definitely some good signs and well ahead of where EJ is right now.

Right now I just want to see us get our 4th win as soon as possible before worrying about wins 5 and beyond, and not look past New England. But hitting the bye at even 5-3 would be great, and set us up for that manageable four game November schedule before our more difficult December.

Luckily, most of us here aren't on the roster, so we can feel free to look at, and beyond, the New England game.

Do I want the team to be looking at things like I am now? Absolutely not. But, because neither I nor anybody else here will have even the slightest impact on the results of the upcoming games (short of creating volume problems for visiting teams), it is a wonderful feeling to be able to have a conversation like this. It is okay for fans to look into the future and hazard guesses or show optimism that extends beyond the coming weekend. Enjoy it. When was the last time we could even think about such a thing?

Guys - ONE GAME AT A TIME!

10-2? These are the same knuckle heads who will be screaming if we lose to NE.

The Bills must beat NE. If they do, will I be a believer? Nope. I will get excited when we win eight (8) games. Why? We will have made progress.

I want the Bills to get into the playoffs just so people will move on from the trade. I accepted that Sammy playing for us would get us to the playoffs. So far, he has helped.

even the ESPN blogger thinks it may happen (IMO I've yet to see him post as optimistic WRT Buffalo)

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/14070/bills-can-take-advantage-of-prime-midseason-schedule

In the meantime, here is a look at the golden opportunity that awaits this team between now and December:

Week 6 -- vs. New England

Week 7 -- vs. Minnesota Vikings (2-3)

Week 8 -- at New York Jets (1-4)

Week 9 -- bye

Week 10 -- vs. Kansas City Chiefs (2-3)

Week 11 -- at Miami Dolphins (2-2)

Week 12 -- vs. Jets (1-4)

Week 13 -- vs. Cleveland Browns (2-3)

even the ESPN blogger thinks it may happen (IMO I've yet to see him post as optimistic WRT Buffalo)

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/14070/bills-can-take-advantage-of-prime-midseason-schedule

In the meantime, here is a look at the golden opportunity that awaits this team between now and December:

Week 6 -- vs. New England

Week 7 -- vs. Minnesota Vikings (2-3)

Week 8 -- at New York Jets (1-4)

Week 9 -- bye

Week 10 -- vs. Kansas City Chiefs (2-3)

Week 11 -- at Miami Dolphins (2-2)

Week 12 -- vs. Jets (1-4)

Week 13 -- vs. Cleveland Browns (2-3)

Ok... which one of you is Rodak and why are you stealing my thread topics for your crappy ESPN blog?

The Bills are still a very INCONSISTENT team to win 7-games in a row. This coaching staff does not yet have it in them to get the team focused. Look at the Penalties we had in the 1st half of the 1st quarter. We had a total of 12 penalties in the game. Thankfully, the Lions could not take advantage of that.

The Bills are still a very INCONSISTENT team to win 7-games in a row. This coaching staff does not yet have it in them to get the team focused. Look at the Penalties we had in the 1st half of the 1st quarter. We had a total of 12 penalties in the game. Thankfully, the Lions could not take advantage of that.

Inconsistency is just a euphemism for mediocre.

I happen to feel pretty good about this coming weeks' game. Sure, the Pats bounced back nicely against the Bengals last week, but I am still not convinvced the Bills can't beat them. They are kind of like those Bills teams of 94-96. They were so used to winning, and could still "get it up' from time to time, but they were a shadow of their former great selves.

Man, I wish I could be at that game on Sunday! I don't think 4-3 in that 7 game stretch is out of the question.

Yeah, geesh -- playing with a new QB for the first time and without two defensive starters. The nerve.

It doesn't hurt that 5 of the next 7 are at home either.

I'm fairly impressed that the Bills are sitting at 3-2 when 3 of their first 5 were on the road. The next 7 are lined up nicely both due to the teams and the venue. I don't think the Bills are good enough to sweep but 4-3 or perhaps even 5-2 are a definite possibility. It would be more than I had hoped if the Bills are sitting at 8-4 with 4 games left.

First we have to beat the Patriots the team that seems to control this teams psyche each season. Living in the New England area I would love to see this extremely meaningful game go our way for once. How often to we get a chance to knock the Patriots out of first place if we win. When was the last time the Pats lost their first two divisional games. ITs going to be a playoff atmosphere at the Ralph this week and if we truly want to be a playoff team and earn the respect of the league the Patriots are a MUST WIN game. I truly believe we will win and it will catapult this team to a true playoff contender.

I also told my fellow Bills FAN that we would bench EJ and Orton would win his all his games but Denver and Greenbay.There is to much talent on this team not to make the playoffs this year. QB play is the only thing that has been holing us back and I think Orton can be our Trent Dilfer this season.

We as fans and especially the team can't get ahead of ourselves (which we always do). Look at the last 7 games of last season and how bad we did. You never know what can happen in the NFL and thats why it is so damn exciting.

One game at a time with this one having obvious importance. Next week we will be saying how huge the Minnesota game is and so on. If we take it one game at a time we will be in good shape.

Very possible. Except for the pats i see KC giving us a great game. Love that we have the bye week before them. The pats have a pretty difficult schedule coming as well...us, jets, @chi, den, @ indy, det, @ gb, @ sd. Honestly I could see them winning one of them but realistically does that happen? No. I could see them splitting those games though.